Everything Happens For a Reason.

Setanta

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 04:21 pm
@loopylu15,
Well, your little hissy fit taken aside, i did answer your question. Oh wait . . . i forgot . . . i don't count if you don't like the answer.
djjd62

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 04:25 pm
@Setanta,
it's interesting that the first four posts are answers and discussions of the question, but the poster chooses to concentrate on what he/she sees as slights
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 04:27 pm
@loopylu15,
We argued with your main question - and that's our way. We are an argumentative group here among the people who post the most - but otherwise, we at a2k are a site with thousands or zillions who may pick up on your question over time.

I can tell already that you are smart and feisty, so don't be deterred. Some of us rabble rousers are still learning how to write good arguments, and often act otherwise, like we know it all.

I meant to say welcome before, loopy.
loopylu15

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 04:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you! As for everyone else ******* he'll I'm fifthteen what do you expect?! I got addicted to this site after looking for philosophical questions. I then made this so I could ask my own but then people got shitty with me so I got shitty with them.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 04:45 pm
@loopylu15,
Learning to argue well is a lifetime occupation (trust me, trust me, I started out extremely shy and still don't like endless argument). This site has huge numbers of posters from around the world of different ages, but many of the stalwarts who post routinely are older, often very knowledgeable and crabby. Take them/us all with a grain of salt. As a group I think most of us welcome fifteen year olds. This site was started by a brainy very young guy, so there is a foundation of interest for you and to you.
loopylu15

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 04:49 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you for your acceptance. I'm taking Philosophy at college you see so I guess in a way this kind of helps haha!
ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 05:00 pm
@loopylu15,
Good. I didn't take philosophy (my father did) and remain a philosophy dolt of sorts, but I did take architecture classes that were challenging not only re getting the work done, but in defense of those hours of effort; I did fine but I had a lot of minutes of 4 a.m. hell first. Learning to dispute well is a good thing.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 7 May, 2011 05:41 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Set's intervention on this thread didn't require your diatribe. He was making an accurate point. Perhaps on other threads your words would have applied.
I'm not purporting to be a Set savior, doghelpme, where are the biscuits, and I often thumb you up.

Go ahead, insult me, but it will be a thread diversion.
I don't WANT to insult anyone... Setanata does not like me... Perhaps because he knows more, is smarted, or better educated... In any event, I tie a rag to his tail at every opportunity... But; if you want to step on my fun, then that is your right... I haven't got a funny bone... Every bone in my body is funny... If I seem serious it is because I have to try to seem serious to be taken at all seriously, but don't bother taking me more seriously than I take myself, which just between you, and me, is not at all.. Best to ya...
0 Replies