Wild Card Playoffs in NFL

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 08:27 pm
Now that the Packers have lost, I am jumping on the Colt, and Panther bandwagon. LETS GO MANNING AND DAVIS!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 08:53 pm
I'll take the Panthers.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 11:07 pm
Boy I wish we could trade coaching staff with Philly. Crying or Very sad
Congrats Gus. Sad
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 12:49 am
I feel your pain, Bill. Normally I would attack you, but for a cheesehead you seem to be a pretty decent guy.

Hell of a game.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 04:01 pm
I do agree, Sherman is an idiot, he will leave before Farve leaves.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 04:52 pm
Thanks Gus.
Unfortunately Child, Favre and company will continue to perform well enough under Sherman to make him look half way decent. Like Holmgren before him, he'll receive credit for winning that is really the result of our players overcoming their coaches shortcomings. So much talent going to waste. Like Andy Reid said about himself, Holmgren, Mariuchi, Gruden etc. "In this system, you have to have the quarterback," Reid said. "Let's face it. All the coaches who have left and gone on to good jobs, we all got those jobs because of one reason: Brett Favre."
At least we know he won't retire on that note. Confused
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 06:47 pm
Yeah, I thought at some point yesterday, before the game, "waidaminute, if Brett goes to the Super Bowl, he's out of here! I'm never going to see him play again!" That was sobering.

That game was ****ing excruciating, though. So many wasted opportunities. People I want to do some violence to:

-Javon Walker, for grabbing that 44-yard pass (good) and then jumping around like an idiot and celebrating WHEN IT WAS STILL ALIVE (bad). He could have got up and scrambled into the end zone without too much trouble.

-Mike Sherman, for going for it on 4th and goal/

-Mike Sherman, for NOT going for it on 4th and 1 (4th quarter.)

-Defensive coordinator for such a bad play on Eagles' 4th and 26 (open up the middle.)

-Brett, as much as I love him, for the utterly boneheaded idiot long pass when the Packers could have put it away with a touchdown. Ugh. That was SO bad. I don't know what he was thinking -- maybe all of this "Destiny" stuff was getting to him, or he's watched "Angels in the Outfield" too much, and he thought if he just, ya know, launched it, Big Irv would see to it that it got in a Packer's hands (happened with the 44-yard to Walker after all). But man that was bad. Bad bad bad bad.

The ice pack is handy.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 08:56 pm
Sherman was right for going for it on 4th and goal from the 5'' line, just bad luck. He was wrong for not going for it on 4 and 1. When you have Ahman Green bustin' his ass, you have to give it to him. Especially with William Henderson blockin' for you. Just really sucks that he didn't go for it.

4th and 27

God just stop em.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 09:06 pm
Occom, Ray Rhodes got ousted after a few years...so maybe Sherman will.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 09:12 pm
sozobe, That pass was suppose to be a hot route, but Brett and Jevon had a bit of a miscommunication. Brett saw the blitz and he thought Jevon would go out on a Fly route(which is just straight up), and Jevon just keep his normal route, which was a curl. So.....Just bad luck.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 09:17 pm
Sozobe, you're a woman of your word, and, might I add, the ice-pack looks rather fetching.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 09:17 pm
Yeah. It's true that if they did go for it and missed (4th and 1), the Eagles might have had a touchdown then and finished it all rather than just a field goal.

I was really impressed with the defensive guys in general. What was it, 9 sacks? Just a few big misses. Sigh.

I didn't see the 4th and goal, didn't realize it was THAT close.

I guess this stuff can be second-guessed forever, but I really wish they would've gone for it on 4th and 1. I kept hoping the punt would be a fake, or something.

<deep sigh>
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 09:19 pm
Oh, that was on my screen for a bit, missed the last few posts.

Ah, didn't know that, Child. Glad it wasn't Brett being a total airhead, but now I'm even more mad at Javon.

Thanks, Gus. You woulda looked smashing in a cheesehead.

<deeper sigh>
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2004 08:23 pm
<pssst, Gus, how long do I gots to wear this thing?>
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 10:43 pm
I believe the bet was one week. You may discard it on Sunday.

Thanks for being a sport.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 10:12 am
<stretches, moves head around>

Ah, much better.

May the Eagles crash and burn. Twisted Evil (Sorry, my sportingness only goes so far...)
0 Replies