Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 03:11 pm
Hey guys what does this mean in turkish. Absolut?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,138 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 03:32 pm
@jono0005,
http://liquorama.biz/images/Absolut%201.75.jpg
jono0005

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 03:43 pm
@Green Witch,
Lol thank u I feel a bit stupid now. I should have known lol thanx
0 Replies

jono0005

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 04:36 pm
@jono0005,
Does anybody know where I can get a turkish to english translater from?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 04:52 pm
@jono0005,
I - and a lot of other people - don't trust online translation very much, meaning the kind where you fill in the words and see what they give you back. That's a generality and I certainly don't know about translating from turkish to english.

But - perhaps you can find a good turkish to english dictionary via a book website like amazon or powell's or many others. Dictionaries vary too. My first small paperback Italian-English dictionary was the best one I ever had and I wore it out with overuse. What I liked about it was all that the examples they gave for using the word in question included a lot of colloquial expressions as well as more formal meanings of the word.
jono0005

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 05:29 pm
@ossobuco,
Wow that sounds incredible. Where do I go to get a dictionary like that at where do I get something like that at amazon.com?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 06:48 pm
@jono0005,
I'll check around, but you do that too, so you get the experience.

I do have to say that after I used my italian-english dictionary so much that it was falling apart, I bought other italian-english dictionaries and none compared. So, that dictionary may have been organized at the direction of some older editor at what was then Mondadori, an italian publishing firm of the time.

One thing about amazon is that people often do review books, and sometimes those reviews are useful. But amazon isn't the only possible dictionary source, I don't think.

The difficulty is - I'm guessing - to have both the turkish and the english be correct. You might look up Turkish publishing companies.. (I don't even know if Turkish is the right adjective).

I'm guessing there areTurkish to German (or vice versa) dictionaries, but that would be adding complications.

In the meantime, my own preferred online translation site is iGoogle.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 06:56 pm
@ossobuco,
One more bit of advice, about giving your threads a title - try to include a sense of the question and not just say 'please help', because if in the future you want to find the thread, and all your threads are titled 'please help' then you'd have to check out all of them.

This is common for new posters to do, don't worry about it, but try to make them stand out as individual questions.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 01:50 am
@jono0005,
Well, there's plenty of useful resources on the internet to come up with an acceptable translation but don't put blind faith on online translators.

Here is a quite good Turkish-English online dictionary;

Turkish-English dictionary

You can also use, but just to get the gist of your translation, the Google Translation tools.

Mind that the online translators are NOT reliable..
ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 02:04 am
@Francis,
jono, Francis is the man; he knows many languages.
0 Replies