What d'ya do on New Years Eve?

nimh

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 12:25 pm
Got an invite on this Abuzz thread: Bringing in the New Year, and discovered there was no such thread on A2K. And I'm a curious person, so, lemme copy pansie's post and say:

Happy New Year!!

How did you celebrate? Were you awake at midnight? Did you party?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 8,722 • Replies: 120
No top replies

Letty

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 12:34 pm
nimh, I didn't do one thing. Didn't even pop a cork. That's happened before, and I really don't miss all the celebrations now. My friend's birthday is on New Year's Eve, and we used to get together, but he's very ill now, and that took a lot out of bringing in the New Year. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

vroonika

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 12:38 pm
I went out with my best mates and got slightly more tipsy than was sensible...oh well. I was awake at midnight, but where exactly I'm not too sure! Maybe someone will fill me in later
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 12:45 pm
I did a gig at the redmans lodge with my redhot country western band. i play the pedal steel. WE QUIT AROUND MIDNIGHT , THEN MRS f AND i WENT WITH SOME FRIENDS TO a perkins Pancake House that was open for the occassion. waffles and some sides of bisquits an gravy.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 01:17 pm
Letty, I'm sorry to hear that ... I can imagine that takes the spark out of the event - new year's eve being a time of reflection, too, there's enough that can make one melancholic or sad, too ...

My mother died on 30 december, can't say NY eve was much "fun" the few years after that ... it still gets to me.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 01:26 pm
Well, nimh, I didn't mean to rain on the celebration, but time ............

Good grief. There are so many musicians on A2K. (hey, nimh--makes me smile)

Farmer plays steel guitar? Wow!

Vroonika, From what part of England cometh thou, mate?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 01:27 pm
vroonika, heh <grins> tipsy, eh? and you dont know where you were at midnight? <giggles>

musta been a good party ;-)

farmerman, music and waffles, sounds good. i guess if you play "red hot" country we're not talking shania twain here, huh? ;-)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 01:28 pm
That has to be hard, Letty and nimh.

I had a weird combination of breathless dashing around working and celebration, as my big silent auction event was that night. It went pretty well. I had more fun than I expected to -- I was focused on the nuts and bolts, but had some really good conversations and more male attention than I am used to. (Contacts, hair down, new clingy low-cut shirt to go with favorite long red silk velvet skirt, 3-inch heels, got some "whoa!" responses from people who hadn't seen me in that mode.)

Overall it was a lot of fun.
0 Replies

vroonika

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 01:28 pm
I lives in a little rural place in the west midlands...yay for me
0 Replies

vroonika

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 01:30 pm
...Well i know which pub I was in at midnight, but as for which number drink I was on, well, your guess is as good, if not better, than mine!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 01:32 pm
ehm ... sozobe ... i'll instantly believe you look dashing in velvet skirts and low-cut shirts, but err ... did you know you seem to have a brick on top of your head?

it looks kind of fierce, but, you know, makes one worry a li'l ... is that why the bandage, perhaps?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 01:36 pm
Soz, honey. You're the kind of beauty that women love to hate. Smile

Hmmmm, vroonika, You wouldn't happen to play harmoonika, would ya?
0 Replies

vroonika

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 01:38 pm
lol, nah... but 'vroonika and her harmoonika' does have a kinda ring to it Smile hehe...maybe I'll take it up
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 01:40 pm
Hee hee!!

It's a cheesehead! (I put it right over the Santa hat, hence the white thing). It signals my undying devotion to the Green Bay Packers and my sincere hopes that they will make it to the Super Bowl!!

I actually owned a cheesehead for a while but the thing was STANKY. I dunno if it had a previous, unhygenic owner, or if the chemical composition is inherently odiferous. I mean, cheese = stinky and all, but ew. Got my money back.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 02:03 pm
I was with vroonika.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 02:12 pm
LOL!
0 Replies

innie

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 02:20 pm
i was awake at midnight... but only because im usually up until 1... so it was like any other night
i didnt go to a party--i didnt want to be around drunk friends or pervy guys
so i just stayed home and brought in the year with my brothers and sister
it was actually kinda nice
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 02:23 pm
nimh, Shania twain is ok for her style. We play stuff like Bonapartes retreat
On the road again
Folsom Prison
Dont take yer guns to town
etc etc
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 02:28 pm
Willie Nelson--Johnny Cash--

Don't Take Your Guns to Town? is that a parody on Ruby?

Forgotten who sang Bonaparte's Retreat.

Yesterday was the anniversary of Hank Williams' death. Do any of his stuff, farmer?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 03:02 pm
I threw a jam at mi casa. Had many a beer, jello shot, and cheap champagne. Didn't get out of bed until 4pm yesterday. Nothing too exciting, but had the good time.
0 Replies