Rainsoft Gold AQC75CV Won't draw brine

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 09:52 am
Had this fixed for awhile. Took the valve apart to clean it again, and everything looked ok after cleaning. Put it back together and it barely draws any brine. Only goes down about 2 inches.

When I tool the side cover off, that covers the screen and the little assembly that generates the vacuum, somewhere a little plastic ball, slightly smaller than a bb came out. Not sure if this was a part, or contamination. Not sure where it goes.

Also, I have a 10x54 tank that is supposed to be an iron filter, a Silver control, in front of this. It does a poor job, 6ppm iron. Can you tell me where I can buy another iron removal system. I think you said Phylox at one time. So much iron gets to the softener that it is needing continual cleaning.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,583 • Replies: 2
No top replies

tdanner11

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 02:27 pm
@Twinkieflyer,
Having almost the identical problem with my silver series. Brine level doesn't change. I've taken everything apart that I can find, but still no luck. I didn't see any BB sized ball though. There was an angles plastic grate that slipped out of the intake compartment that was mostly clogged with iron deposits, but after cleaning and replacing, still no go. Is there another filter in that assembly I could be missing?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 06:05 pm
Try FILOX (Catalox) to reduce iron. It must be in a Vortech tank and I prefer a Fleck 2510 STX control valve
0 Replies