Is the U.S losing its dominance as a superpower?

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 11:24 pm
New report came out by z/Yen group. 4 out of the top 6 most powerful financial centers are now located in East Asia( singapore is mostly Chinese), and all of them are from East Asians. Most of the cars in the U.S market is from East Asian companies, and computers, computer components are mostly from east Asian countries. Most of the service are now done in India. A causal glance at silicon valley, and you will see that 2/3 of the work force is now Asians(mostly indian, and chinese). A lot of the companies are also founder by Chinese, and Indian engineers, scientists( especially in the 1990s, and 2000s). Those companies in turn supply products for Apple, and dell. Look it all you cars, it is only from Asian companies. I suspect in the next few decades, Shanghai, or Hong Kong will dominate the Financial centers of NYC, and London. What will be next? I blame the US culture for hating scientists, or "nerds". What is going to happen is that most people will start to apply to law school, but lawyers are parasites, and don 't really contribute to the economy. Doctors are also parasites, because they are not producing any goods. My feeling is that American children have this perception that they must not be nerd, or "act smart". Well, this is going to **** them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 760 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Tragik82

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 05:45 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
Hell yes we're loosing we go and fight wars that we need to just get out of. There is an old saying "kill them all and let god sort them out"
RABEL222

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 09:04 am
@Tragik82,
More to the point let them kill each other and let God sort them out. I for one am very tired of the U.S. spending its treasure (money and youth) to fight wars (police actions) all over the world. One of the reasons I voted for the president was because he promised to get out of the foriegn wars we are involved in now. He lied but than a republican who is even more beholden to the military industrial complex would be even worse.
0 Replies