Just stopping in to say hi :)

farmerman

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 10:37 pm
@Montana,
Hey there. Doin any sugaring??. SInce youve last been on, I sold my boat and Im dying without it. I needed business cash so I got rid of some "toys" . Other than that, things are pretty good.

I for one like the ignore function cause you can keep people on and then check if theyve gotten any less nasty. SOmetimes they do and sometimes they dont.

You still up in NB or sdid you move back to the states?
Montana

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 10:51 pm
@farmerman,
Howdy stranger Smile Sorry to hear you sold your boat, but glad things are goin good. I tried everything to make things work here, but even when the ignore worked, I still couldn't ignore the tags. Damn tags!!!
I'm still in the same place and even though I left my job from hell a few times, I keep ending up back there because it's the best money I can make working seasonal. I had every intention of going back to work full time this year, but after the brutal winter we had, I realized that I can't do long commutes in the winter or even short ones this past winter, plus it takes days sometimes just to shovel out my driveway and no sooner do I get done, we're nailed with another storm.
Other than the job from hell, which I will leave ASAP, things are ok. My uncle stopped doing the maple syrup a few years back after my aunts got tired of my uncles getting drunk, ending up in arguments, lol and Sad
Ragman

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 10:52 pm
@Montana,
you betcha. let me know how to find you. IM ?
Montana

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 11:00 pm
@Ragman,
You got it. My info is in you box Smile See you there Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 04:09 am
@Montana,
well hell, I get yelled at all the time but I , like my AMISH neighbors, dont really give a rats ass about who thinks my way or not.

Ak can be cruel sometimes I always wonder why I stick around and then I talk with some great people and my negative experiences are put in perspective,
"The negative folks are just trying to compensate for something thats missing in their existence and its not my job to be their confessor or psychiatrist. Their on their own and if they mess with my existence, well we'will see how fucked up they really are"

YA gotta adopt an attitude sorta like that and everything will mellow out.

Dont be a stranger at least check inon holidays
djjd62

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 04:17 am
hey montana, you survived the brutal east coast winter i see (though the latest news i saw suggested it might not be over yet)

hope to see you around more often
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 04:39 am
I have a generally pleasant time of it here, since I learned to use the ignore function without feeling guilty.
farmerman

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 04:43 am
@edgarblythe,
Youve nailed it. Feeling guilty about busting up some trolls soapbox by ignoring him is still a small virtue that we ( those of us of reasonable nature and voices of reason) can retain. I never thought about it but youre dead on.

Imagine, feeling guilty about some schlub whose peeing in his pants in public.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 04:44 am
@farmerman,
Perzackly.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 07:44 am
Hi Montana. Missing floks like you. Sad

Nice to see you pop your head in here, even if it's only briefly.

I am not a fan of Facebook.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 10:05 am
@Montana,
It's BBB welcoming you back to A2K. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

BBB
Linkat

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 10:36 am
Hi MT. Good to see - mean read you again - hopefully I wasn't mean or nuttin. I am usually just pecular. and I don't do facebook.
panzade

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 01:14 pm
Hi Montana. I miss your weapons of mass distraction and your furtive dalliances with seed. Ever see him?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 04:33 pm
Montana, are you still here (I hope).
There is a way we tend to deal with tags. Presently, the person who posts the thread gets precedence to some extent; also, that person can just put up more relevant tags of their own and sometimes the baddies go away. Sometimes the rest of us add tags most relevant to the thread and its ability to be found through online searches, and thus the name calling ones go away from the major (five, I think) tags that will show.

Robert has said that he and the hamsters are going to rework it in the future to weight them toward relevance for the net (not his exact words, something about diminishing graffiti tags).

Montana

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2011 07:29 pm
@farmerman,
Thought I could swing it and be tough enough to deal with the trolls, but I'm just a softy with a little punch. I was getting pissed off way too much and I just didn't want to live with the anger anymore.
I do stop in every once in a blue moon for the reasons you expressed about all the great people like yourself who I miss very much, but I will try to venture in more often, especially around the holidays Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2011 07:32 pm
@djjd62,
Hey there djjd Smile It was a terrible winter and I truly hope we don't see one of those again any time soon. Seems that Spring never wants to get here, but we'll survive as usual Smile
I will try to stop in more often because it's so nice to see you all Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2011 07:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
I never felt guilty about ignoring them, but frustrated when people were responding to stuff they are saying and you lose track of the conversation. It drove me nuts, lol!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2011 07:37 pm
@Reyn,
Howdy Reyn, I miss folks like you as well and I sure will do my best to pop in when I can. Work hrs will be very long starting next week, so I won't have time to do anything, so it may be a while, but I'll be around. Great to see you Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2011 07:38 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Well hello there BBB and I thank you very much Smile So nice to see you Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2011 08:10 pm
@Linkat,
Hey Linkat Smile I couldn't even imagine you being mean to me Smile It's great to see you always Smile
0 Replies