What will you do?

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 10:50 am
Shocked Holy ****!!

The federal government is about to shut down once again!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I think the wife and I might take a road trip and visit Mt. Vernon for a refresher course in American history.

How will you celebrate? Mr. Green
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 621 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Fido

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 11:50 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Shocked Holy ****!!

Quote:
Quote:
The federal government is about to shut down once again!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Don't scare me... I might poop my pants... Hell; I might do it any way just to see if some one will come to my aid, and to feel warm for a moment...

If the repubs actually do that to the dems, the dems ought to get a room, and hang out until the republicans howl like hell for the democrats to come back to the office and help them out of their ideological insanity... I love it... I really do love it when the alternative to taxing the rich which is borrowing from the rich leads to the government so broke that it has to haul down the red white and blue and send up the white flag... They endanger the very money and power they are doing everything to protect... All of them are total renobs...

Quote:
I think the wife and I might take a road trip and visit Mt. Vernon for a refresher course in American history.

How will you celebrate? Mr. Green
Don't forget to visit the slave pens... Step inside and see if you could stand up straight on your hind legs as men ought to be able to do... You may notice that it is made of wood which was made to look as though made of stone... Like the whole of the Government he helped to make possible... If you removed from it all that was false, you would remove all from it, and it from all... Can I say that better??? You could not remove from it all that is false without making it unrecognizable to us... You know that about the government... If you see those megaliths in D.C., you see the immpression they wish you to have of a great permenence, unyeilding, and intransigent, not just made of rock, but of bed rock... Our true capitals are the financial centers of the world, and all that formality in Washington breeds is a contempt in all who must bear it, carry it forward, or suffer it... Government that does not accomplish good deserves to be erased from the memory of mankind... Fortunately, our memories are short, and if the people see that life goes on without the government then we can begin forgetting and forget remembering... Let them all slip into the depths with their mill stones hung about their necks... We do not need them any more...
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 12:59 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

The federal government is about to shut down once again!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Don't scare me... I might poop my pants...
Hell; I might do it any way just to see if some one will come to my aid, and to feel warm for a moment...

if the people see that life goes on without the government then we can begin forgetting and forget remembering...
Let them all slip into the depths with their mill stones hung about their necks... We do not need them any more...

I just want to celebrate a temporary reduction in the federal government.

There was something else, but I forgot about remembering what it was.

Fido

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 05:26 am
@H2O MAN,
We may need government... Self government is but the extension of self control as the mark of an intelligent and moral being writ large over a whole nation... We need goverment if for no better reason than organization, but we do not need this government... Let it die and let us begin writing a new constitution, and one with the same goals as the last, but with the will and ability to achieve those goals... You man enough for that task, or would you rather just point the fickle finger of fate at wrong humanity and stand aloof???
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 06:42 am
@Fido,
Limited government is needed for national defense and a few other things.

Our constitution is just fine, there is no reason to write a new one because the majority of our elected official lack self control.

Speaking of 'self control', our government no longer wants a population that has much self control and they don't want the population to be self reliant. These two personal strengths limit the control and power government has over the people, elected officials are against anything that limits their power.
Fido

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 01:50 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Limited government is needed for national defense and a few other things.

Our constitution is just fine, there is no reason to write a new one because the majority of our elected official lack self control.

Speaking of 'self control', our government no longer wants a population that has much self control and they don't want the population to be self reliant. These two personal strengths limit the control and power government has over the people, elected officials are against anything that limits their power.

What has been most helpful in self defense has been the absolute dictatorial powers of the presidency... It is something terribly lacking in the best functioning primitive democracy that we know of: The Iroquois Confederacy... The could set their young men loose on an enemy, but no one was particularly in charge, and there was a real want of organization...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 06:01 am

Obama Administration Paints Picture of Possible Government Shutdown
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 06:05 am
Shut it down!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vxEimC3HME
Fido

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 02:06 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
Ditto... Bankruptcy always leads to revolution... I am ready when the right is...
0 Replies