CalamityJane

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 08:52 pm
So now it comes out that dys is the most sweet and gentle man. He tried to hide it for a long time, but I always knew that he was just a softie Wink
Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 09:12 pm
@CalamityJane,
Calamity- Not only sweet and gentle, but but brilliant to boot. (Don't read this dys, I don't want you to get a swelled head!)
msolga

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 09:37 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I feel tempted to add my compliments, too. (But where to start? Dys has so many fine points!)

But I fear too much of this sort of thing might bring on his cranky side.

You know, one of those "I never like you (insert name)" comments. Wink Smile
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 09:43 pm
If you guys are gonna continue saying nice stuff about dys, I'm leaving.
msolga

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 09:46 pm
@Roberta,
Dys might, too, Roberta! Smile
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 08:28 am
Oh my, all these nicities are getting think in here. Don't tell Dys, but he's loving every word. He'll never admit it, so don't think that he is being rude by ignoring you, he loves you all and so do I.

Dys's women are quite a wonderful group. Shows he is one of those incredible men who truly loves women. This group seem to feed his soul and keep him going because there is something beautiful and understanding to live for.
Eva

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 09:52 am
@Diane,
Dys already has something beautiful and understanding to live for. He's had it for quite a while. He has you.
Izzie

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 10:07 am
Little bitta soul fodder for our Cowboy!

http://dessertstalking.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/1278626413-IMG_8805_JM257-250x250.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 10:10 am
@Eva,
Aw. I agree.

Meanwhile, on the hospice question, it's something my mom has been involved in for a long time (including home visits) and I know it's been something that has been very, very helpful to a lot of people.
dyslexia

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 10:17 am
feeling pretty good today, took a Lorazepam this morning which I usually only take at bed-time. Lady Diane has another Drs appt today.
Anyway, I've been thinking/looking back, what changes I would have made throughout my life and the main change would be LESS STUFF but MORE QUALITY. More time and energy spend on enjoyment of life/people and less time on "important" things. More picnics, less lawn mowing; smaller houses, prettier gardens. Nicest home I ever lived in was a 1200 sq ft farm house built in 1900, from the covered front porch to the mud room off the kitchen. Solid pine planking floors with wool Rya rugs scattered here and there. No "master suite" and no stainless steel kitchen appliances. (thinking of Boomer and her table, a "real" table for "real' people to use.) So that's what I'm thinking this morning. Neighbors freaked when we bought this house and I painted the front door red.
dyslexia

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 10:31 am
@sozobe,
I have my first appt with the Hospice team this coming thursday (information only meeting) thus begins the process.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 11:16 am
@dyslexia,
Hey, my front door is red too - the Chinese consider it very auspicious and
that's a good thing. Enjoying life and surrounding yourself with people who
mean a lot to you, is essential to our well being. Anyone who's trying to keep
up with the Joneses and chase after status is fighting a losing battle and by the time the realization kicks in, it's mostly too late.

Cease the moment, and to quote Mark Twain "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails."
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 11:18 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
More picnics

always a good idea

Piffka as well as Peace and Love mentioned "more picnics" as their New Year's resolutions about a decade back.

Took me a couple of years to catch on to the simple brilliance but I caught on.

It can be as simple as a sandwich and a juice on a park bench with a friend or an all-out matching cutlery/napkins/baskets event with a larger group but more picnics are good for everyone (especially if dogs are invited).

Here's to more picnics for everyone!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 03:29 pm
**** the Jones' I always say. Of course, look where that got me.... (no, not pregnant).
Eva

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 04:37 pm
My front door is red, too.

And your patio/garden is a great place for a picnic, as I remember. Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 04:53 pm
@dyslexia,
Well, I hope you find them as pleasant and helpful as people I was working with did back when I worked in a hospital!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 05:47 pm
@littlek,
Whew!! Drunk
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 06:05 pm
@Eva,
I just saw your post. Thank you. It's a lovely thing to come across unexpectedly. Also, I'm so glad you are one of the "women" in Dys' life.

Someone on another thread said that I might feel threatened when I mentioned the "other women" in Dys' life, which made me realize that that person had no idea what I meant. I'm sure many of you adore the same women your husband adores and find comfort in the fact that all of them are the best of friends and are always there for him.

Once, when I asked a poster what he meant when he said that Dys was having trouble with his girlfriends, the same thing happened. I was only trying to pin this certain poster down, which is really impossible. It was clearly becoming hilarious by then.

Sometimes it can be hard for anyone to "just be friends" because of other's assumptions.

Anyway, keep it up ladies, with the friendship, positive thoughts and caring.

dyslexia

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 06:15 pm
what I've been wondering this evening;
when should you be "nice'?
vs
when should you be "honest"?
vs
when should you change/avoid the subject?
serious question. (I'm not meaning questions such as "do these pants make my ass look large?")
ossobuco

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 06:17 pm
@Diane,
I don't post here because of past threads where I got into who said what and what I think or don't and many conjected bits and it was all too painful, re dys and di hospitilisations.

Meantime, I still have the goddamned buttermilk biscuits if you want them.