msolga

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 05:53 pm
@dyslexia,
I'm sorry to hear that.
But I can't say I'm surprised.
Some posters here haven't a clue (or one particular poster, I should say), say nothing of being unhelpful, insensitive, intrusive & apparently completely oblivious to the intent of your thread.
I'm really sorry that happened.
But it reminded me of excellent uses for the "ignore" function, if nothing else.
Enough said.
Let's move on.

Good morning to you, dys.
I'm hoping tomorrow will be a much better day for you.
I hope the warm weather is returning to your garden so you can continue to enjoy watching the new developments there.
Best time of the year in the garden! Smile

(A question: I'm not sure of you commented on the tofu soup Diane brought home for you. Was it good? Are you a tofu convert now? About time, I say! Smile )

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 05:58 pm
Glue your ear back on and listen to the boids.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 05:59 pm
Noooo... Diane didn't bring Dys tofu soup. She wouldna dared!
dyslexia

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 06:05 pm
@littlek,
actually I had udon noodle soup with veggies/tofu this evening. (and tea)
msolga

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 06:07 pm
@littlek,
She didn't?!
Damn.
And I've been waiting for dys's assessment of it!
That man doesn't know what he's been missing! Wink
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 06:08 pm
@dyslexia,
(breathless anticipation)

And, and ...?
dyslexia

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 06:10 pm
@msolga,
kinda bland but that's what I wanted. got medicine tummy tonight.
msolga

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 06:11 pm
@dyslexia,
Ah.
So it way the right soup for the right time, anyway. Smile
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 06:31 pm
@msolga,
That's as good as it's going to get Olga: he's a cranky sort.

I think a steady diet of tofu would make even a sweet guy like me a bit irritable. Now garlic soup, leek & potato soup, squash & pumpkin soup, onion soup, or vegetable soup ... those are soothing comfort dishes !

On second thought, if Diane made it , I'll recant. It's dangerous to taunt a woman who cares.
JPB

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 06:37 pm
@dyslexia,
new meds?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 06:57 pm
@georgeob1,
Yes, maybe you're right, George.
I sense the subject of tofu might be a sensitive issue! Wink
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 07:07 pm
haven't been outside today, Diane gone to see her doc most of the day, reading news on lap-top, doorbell rings, I unhook my oxygen, get my slippers on, spit on my hand/comb my hair, shuffle to the front door, get it unlocked, shuffle out to front gate to find two sweet old lady's who want to share with me their love of jesus. I smile, sweetly and nod and they start telling me about their love of jesus and I'm holding on to the gate, smiling, getting weaker, still smiling and breathing gets harder but I'm still smiling. Not enough air to get a word out but I'm still smiling, finally I just stop smiling and turn towards the door and go inside, shut the door and get my oxygen. Felt guilty, never said a word to those sweet lady's, sit down with my oxygen-----breathe in. Never meant to be rude, they surely didn't want to talk theology they just wanted to share with me their love of jesus. On a better day I would have thanked them for thinking of me but not today, I was rude. I hope they understand I wasn't rude by intention.
JPB

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 07:16 pm
@dyslexia,
If they're filled with the love of Jesus then they didn't see you as rude. They saw you as human - and in pain and suffering. I think they understood.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 07:21 pm
@dyslexia,
You simply are not rude even when it might seam so...(sorry to intrude without really knowing you)
littlek

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 07:41 pm
I thought you had a long O2 line. Can it reach the door? No so you have to converse with those you might not want to, but so you can explain why you can't stay to chat.
Diane

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 08:13 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil, you may not know Dys, but your insight is right where it should be. It was also a very nice thing to say.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 08:23 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

I thought you had a long O2 line. Can it reach the door? No so you have to converse with those you might not want to, but so you can explain why you can't stay to chat.
actually I probably could make it to the front door, I'll try that next time.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 08:26 pm
Take a hit of vegemite before going to the door next time. vegemite will see you through the hard times.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 08:27 pm
btw if you smear vegemite around your 02 mask it will seal better.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 08:31 pm
@dyslexia,
Actually, I think that those ladies were rude. I never speak with people coming to my door. Whether they are selling a faith or a product, to me it is the same thing. They are invading my personal space, and I will not go along with it.

Ditto salesmen on the telephone. Maybe you are a kinder, more understanding person than I am, dys.
0 Replies