Where to report unwanted sales calls?

Linkat

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 07:59 am
I have my home phone and cell phone registered on the "Do Not Call" list. I little bit ago, I was repeatedly receiving calls from this one security company whose ID just shows as Montana. I reported a complaint on the Do Not Call list the last go around.

Now in the past two days, I've received 3 calls. The first I picked up as I have family in MT. It was this security company again. I told them to please do not call this number again. The man said sorry and hung up. Since then I've received two more calls and reported them to the complaint database at the Do Not Call list.

My understanding is this is simply a database for their purposes if they pursue anything with a company. Does anyone else know where to report this as I have limited minutes with my cell phone and this could end up costing me money.

jespah

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 10:23 am
@Linkat,
I've gotten some calls reccently too (from a chimney sweep). Seems companies are just ignoring the law.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 10:55 am
I've had this happen too, but I found a solution. Pretend to be interested in whatever crap they are peddling, and in really nice way ask them for their business name and where they are located - write it down. Then ask them for a phone number so your husband can call them back because he's the one who handles this sort of stuff (whatever the stuff is), and you are sure he will be interested. I then turn the collected information over to State Attorney General's office as a harassment call for them to pursue or fine. It only works if the company has offices in the US, if they are overseas you are out of luck.
0 Replies