What are the thrills that on-line shopping presents to you?

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 09:42 pm
I do the majority of my shopping online other than for groceries and things needed for emergency repairs around the house.

I get better service, more comprehensive information about a product and comparisons with alternative products, consumer reviews and a better chance to let buyer's remorse set in before I complete the transaction -- which means less impulse buying.

I only buy from company/catalog sites I am already familiar with and that have good return policies even though I rarely have to return anything.
Irishk

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 10:55 pm
@roger,
I love Amazon's bricks! Even better than their bricks is their customer service! The only other company that comes close is the one I use for my media purchases...customer service-wise, they're just as good (which I rate as outstanding).
roger

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 11:48 pm
@Irishk,
They've pretty well nailed it with quality and selection of bricks. Truth is, I favor LL Bean for clothing and such. I shop online and physical catalogs, but before finalizing I give them a call, usually around 4:00 a.m. Freeport, Maine time. Imagine the thrill it gives some poor operator standing by, mostly trying to stay awake. If you don't like really snug fitting socks, she can steer you away from a particular model. Want the same design of belt you had a year or two ago. No problem. She'll look it right up for you. And if you're interested in the weather in Maine at 4:00 a.m. she'll share that with you, too.
chai2

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2011 06:50 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

They've pretty well nailed it with quality and selection of bricks. Truth is, I favor LL Bean for clothing and such. I shop online and physical catalogs, but before finalizing I give them a call, usually around 4:00 a.m. Freeport, Maine time. Imagine the thrill it gives some poor operator standing by, mostly trying to stay awake. If you don't like really snug fitting socks, she can steer you away from a particular model. Want the same design of belt you had a year or two ago. No problem. She'll look it right up for you. And if you're interested in the weather in Maine at 4:00 a.m. she'll share that with you, too.

This reminds me of that scene in "Being John Malkovitch" where he's buying towels.

...if I get the set, instead of the bath mat?
-Yes, sir. Sure, we can do that. - Great. That sounds good.
And for the color: periwinkle?
I'm sorry. We're out of stock in periwinkle. Do you want to back order?
No. I'll go with the loden.

0 Replies

jessicaCW

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 12:29 pm
@JPB,
I agree on shopping local. Although, if something is unavailable or out of stock, to the internet I go!
Slimplim88

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 07:46 am
@sozobe,
I have come across some fantastic items in 'case packs' that would suit an E-bay fanatic for re-selling or someone like yourself Sozobe, who needs to find things for special activities. I can appreciate that ease of returning items is an important factor to make on-line shopping a proper service to the community.
0 Replies

Slimplim88

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 07:48 am
@jessicaCW,
Yes, I agree that local is best if it is available. This also helps build links in the local community, especially in these times of difficulty.
0 Replies

Slimplim88

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 07:53 am
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet, you have a system that works for you and it's trimmed down to a 'tee'. Keep shopping on-line and enjoy the challenges that this gives you!

0 Replies

Slimplim88

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 07:55 am
@Irishk,
Customer service is what makes or breaks any company and you are correct, Amazon have a really good track record!
0 Replies

Slimplim88

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 08:04 am
@roger,
Roger you must be a 'pet' when you call at the 4pm and give the assistant a reason for being there and also a little bit of the local news, be it the weather or whatever.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 08:22 am
@Slimplim88,
Slimplim88 wrote:

I have often wong ndered what it is that people who love online shopping really experience as they trawl through the pages looking and comparing products? Are prices a major factor or is free shipping an important consideration?

I like the free shipping and the ability to order things very late at night.
Slimplim88

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 10:47 am
@Miller,
The fact that you can sit and order at any time that suits you has to be a PLUS for on-line shopping.
Miller

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 04:14 pm
@Slimplim88,
Slimplim88 wrote:

The fact that you can sit and order at any time that suits you has to be a PLUS for on-line shopping.

It's big plus.
0 Replies