Did Spiders Create The Universe?

RexRed

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 03:00 pm
I know is sounds wild, fanciful and typical of my crazy notions I post on this forum, but, just consider it.

The atheist community likes to throw their giant spaghetti monster idea out to discourage God believers to then throw in the towel.

Yet, If God was connected to each and every human being on this planet and aware of every "hair on their head", It would take an army of spaghetti monsters to do this.

Why spaghetti? Why not creatures with multi-legs or many "hands" and eyes?

Alien spiders... What gave me this idea?

Well I was staring at an image released by NASA depicting the universe and suddenly it dawned on me. The universe is nothing more than a web and where there is a web there is a web crawler. Just as our brains are webs and networks of neurons and our thoughts and emotions are like spiders lurking within the web of knowledge.

So does God have an insect brain? Did God really create man/woman in his own image?

RexRed

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 03:01 pm
http://www.mpa-garching.mpg.de/galform/millennium/seqF_037a_half.jpg
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 03:13 pm
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wTv6mnELpgg/SYfmQfkG59I/AAAAAAAAGMY/1xYy2IOT9TY/s400/450cobwebs.jpg
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 03:27 pm
@RexRed,
Yes. The metaphor of Indra's net from the perspective of the Huayan school in the book Hua-Yen Buddhism: The Jewel Net of Indra:

Quote:
“ Far away in the heavenly abode of the great god Indra, there is a wonderful net which has been hung by some cunning artificer in such a manner that it stretches out infinitely in all directions. In accordance with the extravagant tastes of deities, the artificer has hung a single glittering jewel in each "eye" of the net, and since the net itself is infinite in dimension, the jewels are infinite in number. There hang the jewels, glittering like stars in the first magnitude, a wonderful sight to behold. If we now arbitrarily select one of these jewels for inspection and look closely at it, we will discover that in its polished surface there are reflected all the other jewels in the net, infinite in number. Not only that, but each of the jewels reflected in this one jewel is also reflecting all the other jewels, so that there is an infinite reflecting process occurring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indra's_net
RexRed

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 04:11 pm
@kuvasz,
kuvasz wrote:

Yes. The metaphor of Indra's net from the perspective of the Huayan school in the book Hua-Yen Buddhism: The Jewel Net of Indra:

Quote:
“ Far away in the heavenly abode of the great god Indra, there is a wonderful net which has been hung by some cunning artificer in such a manner that it stretches out infinitely in all directions. In accordance with the extravagant tastes of deities, the artificer has hung a single glittering jewel in each "eye" of the net, and since the net itself is infinite in dimension, the jewels are infinite in number. There hang the jewels, glittering like stars in the first magnitude, a wonderful sight to behold. If we now arbitrarily select one of these jewels for inspection and look closely at it, we will discover that in its polished surface there are reflected all the other jewels in the net, infinite in number. Not only that, but each of the jewels reflected in this one jewel is also reflecting all the other jewels, so that there is an infinite reflecting process occurring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indra's_net

That is so beautiful, I did not know of Indra. Thanks Kuvasz for posting this.
kuvasz

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 07:14 pm
@RexRed,
You are welcome. Peace to you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 08:14 pm
Arachne

By Melissa Lee, from the Encyclopedia Mythica

Arachne was a young woman from Lydia, sometimes said to be a princess, who offended Athena, and suffered the consequences. Her story helped serve as a warning to all to take care to not offend the gods.

Arachne was gifted in the art of weaving. Not only were her finished products beautiful to look at, but the very act of her weaving was a sight to behold. Nymphs were said to abandon their frolicking to come observe Arachne practice her magic. So remarkable were her works that observers often commented that she must have been trained by the very patron goddess of weaving, Athena herself. Arachne scoffed at this. She was disgusted at being placed in an inferior place to the goddess and proclaimed that Athena herself could not do better than her.

Athena was quite perturbed at Arachne's bold claim, but she decided to give the young woman a chance to redeem herself. She came to Arachne disguised as an old woman and warned her to be careful not to offend the gods, lest she incur their wrath. But Arachne told the old woman to save her breath. She welcomed a contest with Athena, and, if she lost, would suffer whatever punishment the goddess deemed necessary.

The goddess accepted the challenge and revealed her true form. The nymphs who had come to watch Arachne's weaving shrunk back in fear, but Arachne stood her shaky ground. She had made a claim, and she was sticking to it. So the contest began, the mortal at her loom, the goddess at hers. Athena began to weave the scene of her contest with Poseidon for the city of Athens. A beautiful scene developed from the threads, showing Poseidon and the salt water spring, and Athena with an olive tree, gifts to the people who would name Athena as their patron, and their city after her. The bystanders marveled at the goddess' work.

Arachne, for her part, created a tapestry showcasing scenes of Zeus' various infidelities: Leda with the Swan, Europa with the bull, Dana and the golden rain shower. So exquisite was the mortal's work that the bull seemed lifelike, swimming across the tapestry with a real girl on his shoulders. Even Athena herself was forced to admit that Arachne's work was flawless. (Whether or not Arachne was actually better than Athena is still a mystery.)

Angered at Arachne's challenge, as well as the presumptuousness of her choice of subjects, Athena tore the tapestry to pieces and destroyed the loom. Then she touched Arachne's forehead, making sure that she felt full guilt for her actions. Arachne was ashamed, but the guilt was far too deep for her poor, mortal mind. Depressed, she hanged herself.

Athena took pity on Arachne. She most likely did not expect that Arachne would commit suicide. She brought her back to life, but not as a human. By sprinkling her with the juices of aconite, Athena transformed the woman into a spider, her and her descendants to forever hang from threads and to be great weavers.

This is different from Ovid's version from Metamorphoses, but it will do for this thread.
RexRed

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 12:24 pm
@Setanta,
Set, that is a story very rich in symbolism. Another example of how connected various religions are of the ancient world. Thanks for taking the time to post the story of Arachne. I would assume this story is where we get the word "arachnid". Interesting Athena was used in the story, goddess of wisdom as if it is a parallel play on the mind and its own web of knowledge and wisdom. We get this mind picture of Arachene weaving our own thoughts as if she is deity even more closely tied to the psyche than Athena. Thanks Set for this wonderful addition to this thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arachnid

Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 09:41 pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anansi
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 05:56 pm
Hubble Telescope Reveals ‘Snow Angel’ in Space

http://mashable.com/2011/12/16/hubble-snow-angel/
0 Replies

hater

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2013 01:02 am
@RexRed,
i can offer you therapy, but it's not cheap...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 09:45 pm
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1489240_10152019147140139_2053155539_n.jpg
anonymously99

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 08:28 pm
@RexRed,
One day. I want to say I was around the age of five. I could had swore I saw a spider the size of the entire side of the house on the side of the house. I think my mom and the neighbor lady were trying to beat it up. A baseball bat might had been involved.
Zarathustra

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 10:56 pm
I was so shocked and pleasantly surprised that someone on A2k actually had read the Rig Veda and then noticed .

I should have realized the information came from the Universal Tome of all "A2K expert knowledge."

What could be more valid than a completely anonymous reference source and the test for the information coming from an expert in the field is assured, someone checked the check box saying they were an expert when they entered the article. Its hard to beat a validity test as stringent as that!

There are many other important concepts in the Rig Veda perhaps someday an "expert" will incorporate them into Wikipedia so we can all be assured of its validity and veracity.

A2K please never change!
0 Replies

secondusername

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 01:35 am
@RexRed,
Have you seen the movie spiders.
RexRed

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 10:56 pm
@secondusername,
Gonna look it up now thanks for the suggestion SUN. Smile

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1659216/

This one?

secondusername

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 10:07 am
@RexRed,
You're sensitive. Your feelings, can be.
0 Replies

secondusername

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 10:16 am
@anonymously99,
Quote:
One day. I want to say I was around the age of five. I could had swore I saw a spider the size of the entire side of the house on the side of the house. I think my mom and the neighbor lady were trying to beat it up. A baseball bat might had been involved.

Anonymously99 having mentioned given statement.. reminds me of a movie.

This one.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1838544/ Wink

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 12:36 am
@secondusername,
I watched the movie spiders, I think I am going to make a music video of it.

I will post a youtube link here when I make it and publish it. Smile

Thanks for the movie tip!
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 10:00 pm
Go spiders, go..Smile

"The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings palaces"- Proverbs 30:28 KJV

US troops near one of Saddam Hussein's abandoned palaces in Bayji,Iraq 2008[/b][/i]
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub4/iraqpalace2008.jpg