Will Daylights Savings be reflected here at a2k?

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 09:09 pm
Daylights savings has passed this Sunday.

Still the time stamp on my posts is an hour back. I still live in the same time zone (EST or GMT - 5 hours) but I guess I can finagle that but I'm surprised that daylight savings hasn't kicked in automatically considering it's been around for decades.

View best answer, chosen by tsarstepan
Rockhead

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 09:16 pm
@tsarstepan,
quit whining and go to your preferences and change it like everybody else did yesterday...

sheesh.

(be good, or robert will put you in a group)
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 09:28 pm
@tsarstepan,
It makes it difficult for the site to automatically do it since we have people here from all over the world, some who recognize and some who don't recognize daylight savings time changes. Arizona is an example from the US that doesn't recognize daylight savings (unless they've recently changed).

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page where the quick links are, there is a link for your preferences and you can change it there.

Thanks for reminding me to do that. I hadn't paid attention to the time stamps today to notice.
Ticomaya

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 09:43 pm
@Rockhead,
Not everyone had to change their settings yesterday.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 09:45 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:
Arizona is an example from the US that doesn't recognize daylight savings (unless they've recently changed).

Still don't recognize it.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 01:09 am
Try living in AUST.

calculate local daylight saving ( or lack of it).
minus 10 GMT/UTC
factor in wether you guys are on daylight savings or not. does that mean add 1 or sub 1
claculate time..
subtract a day cause we're ahead until about 6.00 pm If after 6.00 pm dont add a day but if its after midnight here you need to.

Alternativly i could look at the windows clock in the bottom right corner
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 01:10 am
I'm pretty sure that if A2k time doesn't get corrected my curtains will fade quicker
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 02:40 am
You will probably age faster, too.

Everybody who really, really gives a rat's ass about this sort of crapola . . .

. . . go start another idiot thread. I'll be sure not to post there.
0 Replies

Old Goat

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 03:10 am
I've just adjusted the setting and now find that I posted this an hour ago.

I'll now have to go and make another cup of coffee, as the one I'd just made mysteriously vapourised right before my eyes.

My head hurts.
laughoutlood

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 03:35 am
@Old Goat,
Quote:
Will Daylights Savings be reflected here at a2k?

If daylight saving is reflected here then A2K will be a behemoth, a beacon of light to which sentient beings are inexorably drawn.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 06:08 am
@tsarstepan,
Hey tsar, Thanks for the time zone info. I never adjusted it because I never knew it. G - 5. Mr. Green

Edit: The time is posted an hour earlier than now. C'est la vie.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 06:40 am
@tsarstepan,
I am guessing no.
Ragman

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 07:16 am
@JGoldman10,
Of course you're a little late coming to the fair once more. Don't you read anything posted prior? Of course, if you have the whole of A2K on ignore you never saw any previous comments.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 07:23 am
Whoodathunkit??? I completely forgot to change my A2K settings. I am usually pretty good about it. Didn't seem to make much of a difference though, in the scheme of things.
0 Replies

maxdancona
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 07:26 am
No biggie. Just don't post for an hour.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 11:11 am
@maxdancona,
http://i54.tinypic.com/e8v9qc.gif
I was going to post this an hour later maxdancona but I became too impatient.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 11:15 am
We knew that an hour ago.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 05:00 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
Still the time stamp on my posts is an hour back. I still live in the same time zone (EST or GMT - 5 hours) but I guess I can finagle that but I'm surprised that daylight savings hasn't kicked in automatically considering it's been around for decades.

Not all locations observe daylight savings so we'd have to know whether or not you are in a location to do so. Furthermore, not all daylight savings dates are the same across locations (remember, this sometimes varies within a single country), each can have different dates. And lastly, they aren't always the same days from year to year and can change. This is why despite being around for decades we do not spend a lot of time coding for the stupidity that has accumulated with daylight savings along the way (beyond the idiocy of the concept itself).

Incidentally, GMT doesn't have daylight savings, you aren't in GMT -5 when you go into daylight savings time you are GMT -4.
dlowan

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 08:56 am
@tsarstepan,
Crikey. I wonder if that means we go back to normal time? Last year I only got to work on time because my computer faithfully reflected the change!

I'd better find out.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 11:10 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

Incidentally, GMT doesn't have daylight savings, you aren't in GMT -5 when you go into daylight savings time you are GMT -4.

I changed the preference to GMT -4 now but I feel I'm existentially drifting on a raft a single time zone into the Atlantic Ocean.
http://i51.tinypic.com/2qaramr.jpg
That's a picture of me and my best friend Washie the washing machine robot is on the other raft.
0 Replies