The Voice of the Aflac Duck Fired

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 08:06 am
When asked to comment Steven Tyler replied "Well **** a duck".
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 10:39 am
Quote:
Are you kidding me? No disrespect to Hugo Minnesota resident Dan McKeague but is he best Aflac could come up with for the new voice of its duck? Seriously? It sounds like the guy's trying to pinch a loaf that just won't pinch.
http://www.adrants.com/2011/04/aflac-makes-underwhelming-choice-for-new.php

TRUE
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 11:02 am
@hawkeye10,
So checking around so far very few people think this new voice is any good, my conclusion is that he got the gig because he is a boring guy in the tv sales business...IE Aflac can expect no trouble from him. It was the quintessential corporate result.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 11:10 pm
Gottfried speaks, refuses to apologize or even be in the slightest bit contrite.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2011/04/27/behar.gilbert.gottfried.hln?hpt=Mid
Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 07:50 am
@hawkeye10,
He already apologized profusely while he was trying to get unfired. What a putz, he should make up his mind.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 08:00 am
@hawkeye10,
I would have chosen Chris Rock.
Aflac muthafucka!!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 08:13 am
@hawkeye10,
I too think that his voice is awful. I could have done better. But, I suppose, with the magic of technology, his vocalizations could be improved.

Why they hired him is beyond my understanding. Do you think that he was somebody's brother-in-law?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 11:01 am
@Phoenix32890,
Quote:
Do you think that he was somebody's brother-in-law?
They claim it was his quality, but based upon his low quality I think we need to conclude that he was hired for who he is....an all american guy with an all American story who is in the tv station sales business thus can be counted on to not forget that he is first and foremost a corporate shill
farmerman

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 11:03 am
@hawkeye10,
I miss Gilbert already, hell if Im gonna buy their damned insurance
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 11:19 am
@hawkeye10,
I think the way this is supposed to work is that we are supposed to have positive feelings for Aflac on the basis that they fired an asshole and replaced him with a really nice guy. The problems with this plan are

1) They hired Gottfried and should have known what he is about

2) they employed him for many years

3) they fired him for doing what he has always done

4) the new guy sucks as a voice

5) they are an insurance company (one step up from being a law firm)
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 01:53 am
@hawkeye10,
So I caught a new commercial...the duck does one minor attempt at "AFLAC!" (horribly) in whole thing, the rest of the time is voice over and dancing......I wonder if they figured out that this new voice sucks?
Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 05:56 am
@hawkeye10,
I saw that ad. Apparently, the Aflac chose to use the duck voice as little as possible, while preserving the character.
0 Replies