Another reason Bush needs to go

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 08:11 pm
Look at this article:

When you pull crap like this, you deserve to get voted out of office.

http://www.sacurrent.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=10705756&BRD=2318&PAG=461&dept_id=482778&rfi=6
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,596 • Replies: 34
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 08:12 pm
I get an error when I hit the link.
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 08:14 pm
I think I corrected it littlek.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 08:24 pm
It works now
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 08:27 pm
I am so not surprised. Its exactly what I would have expected. Sad
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 08:28 pm
Today, on CNN headline news, I heard the figures of an offbeat poll, stating that most of YOUNGER citizens favorite president was the current -Bush.
All I could think--- was I am grateful to be waning in years, for the USA as I knew it, has changed so dramatically.
The media persuasion today is so much more convincing for youth-
who take little time off from their interests, sports and 'highs' to learn for themselves.
Has it ever been thus? I really don't know. I am so depressed that we
have so little to look forward to under this government, or any that agrees with it.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 10:03 pm
theollady wrote:
I am so depressed that we have so little to look forward to under this government, or any that agrees with it.

It is depressing isn't it?
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 03:48 am
I'm not a democrat (or a republican), however, I very much disagree with Bush's methods in this respect. I think he and Ashcroft and our wonderful congress have turned our constitution upside down. These laws simply wipe out major elements of the bill of rights. This is legislatively unprecedented.

There are many people, even within the republican party who have serious questions and reservations about both Patriot Acts. By no means are democrats alone the ones asking questions here. Disagreeing with Bush and some of his policies doesn't by definition earn one a liberal label although many people do that in an attempt to negate or shrug off points that they disagree with.

The points remain just the same. When the abuses happen, as they certainly will, then the laws will have to be repealed. Unfortunately, it will be too late for the victims.

Power corrupts...absolutely.

I think it comes down to, in this war on terror, the ends do not justify the means. I think Bush has captitalized on a conservative government and exploited fear of terror for political gain. Can we not be just a tad more creative here instead of tossing out entire chunks of the constitution in order to thwart terror?

It's Nixonian in overtones and it doesn't sit well with this American.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 04:04 am
If I was an American, I don't think I'd be depressed as much as terrified. You're on a fast train to fascism with that freak at the helm.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 06:48 am
More
I believe that these guys will sneak Patriot Act 3 & 4 in under the radar.

I seriously believe that this Pres. should be charged with treason.

The case has been made in writing on the Net and were I on the jury I would vote guilty.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 07:09 am
We get what we deserve.

Unfortunately, the truth is that as a people we have come to the point where we are dishonoring the heritage we've been bequeathed by allowing people like Bush to gain control of the government.

This "conservative" slop is of our own making.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 07:14 am
Jeeez!!!! As if the government needs more power. It's truly scary to watch people lose more and more of their freedom.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 07:15 am
I understand the intent, but IMO, Bush has gone too far.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 07:19 am
Quote:
" I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky..."

Quote:
"Recently the CIA has learned that Iraq sought significant quantities of uranium from Niger..."

Remember when our President told a lie that we could live with, that didn't start a war, that didn't send anyone off to die?

Remember he was investigated at a cost of $67 million, and impeached for telling that lie?

Did you know that we have spent less than $5 million on the investigation of 9/11?

As a result of this legislation, signed by Bush on Saturday, December 13, when he knew, but we didn't yet, that Saddam had been captured, the federal government can now look at all of your financial transactions, regardless of whether or not they suspect you of terrorism.

If you think all that was the correct action to take, then vote Republican. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 08:08 am
(((Cringe)))!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 08:09 am
One of the comments I've been wanting to make and have avoided until now is:

We don't need no stinking other reason!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 02:31 pm
Hold on...The House and Senate pased this bill to be signed by the president, yet it is his fault?! Like HE wrote it? Like HE thought it up?! Like HE brought before the House of Representatives?!

You guys need to re-evaluate your hatreds as they seem misplaced on this one.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 02:36 pm
It's easier despising the man at the top than the weaklings who do his bidding, McG. Kind of like how others felt about Clinton not so long ago.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 02:45 pm
It was mis-guided then, too. Except for the part about him lying about getting fellatio from the fat intern. He deserved to be despised for that.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 02:46 pm
McGentrix wrote:
It was mis-guided then, too. Except for the part about him lying about getting fellatio from the fat intern. He deserved to be despised for that.

Do I hear jealousy? Shocked I thought you only lusted after Hillary!
0 Replies