Anyone here have any friendly advice about approaching art show people about selling & making art?

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 08:43 pm
First Friday is a special event that occurs every First Friday of the month in which artists in my local town get together and have a local art show/exhibit. I am interested in making artwork up and selling it. Does anyone here have any friendly advice about how to approach the people who run the galleries and exhibits at this event every month regarding this? Please help me out-I would appreciate your input and responses. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,301 • Replies: 5
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 08:51 pm
@JGoldman10,
Aldistar is an artist on site who has sold some of her work. Perhaps she can help you in terms of selling artwork.

Not knowing any particulars on this event, will you be allowed to set up a table where you can display your artwork? If so, pick your best work. Don't try to overwhelm the audience with your entire oeuvre.

If you intrigue a few people then let them come to you to make arrangements to see more of your work.

As to approach gallery owners outside this arena/special exhibit? It might be best to have an agent act on your behalf.

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 09:39 pm
@tsarstepan,
Yes, I already had her in mind when I made this thread.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 09:58 pm
@JGoldman10,
I have owned two art galleries. We had people trying to engage us fairly often to pay attention to their art.
Your art did not fit our interests.

We weren't, though, a cartoon gallery.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:46 pm
@ossobuco,
What do you mean, "My art"? I never prepositioned you for any art selling. What about life drawing and painting? Would you sell that type of work?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 03:46 pm
Other than selling artwork on auction sites like Ebay, how else can you make money showcasing your artwork online?
0 Replies