Please translate the English into German

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 11:22 pm
You are intelligent, mate. It is not worthy for you to pay attention to whatsoever Mary said and says. She is obviously a patient of euphoria. What she has spoken here, there and everywhere is full of ****.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,652 • Replies: 10
No top replies

laughoutlood

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 11:45 pm
@oristarA,
loosely translated into the modern version of a minor german dialect it means

do your own work pal and stop bludging here
Ionus

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 11:54 pm
@oristarA,
Quote:
You are intelligent, mate.
Eich ist LIAR, fraun.

Quote:
It is not worthy for you to pay attention to whatsoever Mary said and says.
Wies der ben schtik de offen Mary offen blog offen ich.

Quote:
She is obviously a patient of euphoria.
Vee da borg de mad svee ach ich back schtik.

Quote:
What she has spoken here, there and everywhere is full of ****.
Ickh.
oristarA

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2011 10:07 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
You are intelligent, mate.
Eich ist LIAR, fraun.

Quote:
It is not worthy for you to pay attention to whatsoever Mary said and says.
Wies der ben schtik de offen Mary offen blog offen ich.

Quote:
She is obviously a patient of euphoria.
Vee da borg de mad svee ach ich back schtik.

Quote:
What she has spoken here, there and everywhere is full of ****.
Ickh.

Even as a kidding, it is quite lame.

0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2011 10:10 pm
@laughoutlood,
laughoutlood wrote:

loosely translated into the modern version of a minor german dialect it means

do your own work pal and stop bludging here

So often I've seen you bludging around able2know. Laughing
laughoutlood

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2011 11:37 pm
@oristarA,
Sie sind intelligent, Kumpel. Es ist nicht für Sie, die Aufmerksamkeit auf immer Mary zahlen würdig sagte und sagt. Sie ist offensichtlich ein Patient von Euphorie. Was hat sie hier, dort und überall gesprochen ist voller Scheiße.
http://translate.google.com/#en|de|You%20are%20intelligent%2C%20mate.%20It%20is%20not%20worthy%20for%20you%20to%20pay%20attention%20to%20whatsoever%20Mary%20said%20and%20says.%20She%20is%20obviously%20a%20patient%20of%20euphoria.%20What%20she%20has%20spoken%20here%2C%20there%20and%20everywhere%20is%20full%20of%20shit.%20
oristarA

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 12:18 am
@laughoutlood,
laughoutlood wrote:

Sie sind intelligent, Kumpel. Es ist nicht für Sie, die Aufmerksamkeit auf immer Mary zahlen würdig sagte und sagt. Sie ist offensichtlich ein Patient von Euphorie. Was hat sie hier, dort und überall gesprochen ist voller Scheiße.
http://translate.google.com/#en|de|You%20are%20intelligent%2C%20mate.%20It%20is%20not%20worthy%20for%20you%20to%20pay%20attention%20to%20whatsoever%20Mary%20said%20and%20says.%20She%20is%20obviously%20a%20patient%20of%20euphoria.%20What%20she%20has%20spoken%20here%2C%20there%20and%20everywhere%20is%20full%20of%20shit.%20

Repost the German into the box and translate it into English. You'll find the so-called translation is just bullshit.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 01:12 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

Repost the German into the box and translate it into English. You'll find the so-called translation is just bullshit.

Not really bullshit but a rather good translation for a machine. And even some students wouldn't do it better, I think ... as a native German speaker.

Thus, my translation isn't very different:
"Sie sind intelligent, lieber Freund."
['mate' actually means "Kumpel", but you wouldn't write it in this context, I suppose - though I don't know the context]
"Es ist sinnlos, wenn Sie irgendetwas beachten was Mary sagte oder sagt. Offensichtlich ist sie ist immer im Rauschzustand."
["patient of euphoria" - no idea of the context, literally it really means 'Euphoriepatient']
"Alles was hier, dort und überall gesprochen hat ist Scheiße."
Ionus

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 06:57 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I think I nailed that one. At worst I was very close, perhaps missed some little nuances of the southern dialects.....
oristarA

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 02:32 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

oristarA wrote:

Not really bullshit but a rather good translation for a machine. And even some students wouldn't do it better, I think ... as a native German speaker.

Thus, my translation isn't very different:
"Sie sind intelligent, lieber Freund."
['mate' actually means "Kumpel", but you wouldn't write it in this context, I suppose - though I don't know the context]
"Es ist sinnlos, wenn Sie irgendetwas beachten was Mary sagte oder sagt. Offensichtlich ist sie ist immer im Rauschzustand."
["patient of euphoria" - no idea of the context, literally it really means 'Euphoriepatient']
"Alles was hier, dort und überall gesprochen hat ist Scheiße."

Thank you.

0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 02:34 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

I think I nailed that one. At worst I was very close, perhaps missed some little nuances of the southern dialects.....

You translated "What she has spoken here, there and everywhere is full of ****" as "Ickh", which is not recognizable.
0 Replies