Walker: "Why I'm Fighting"

BillRM

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 02:24 pm
@Linkat,
Quote:
Not at all - just stating a fact that in many government bodies as being financially responsible isn't something they need to be to stay solvent, they do not have the same incentives as "normal" private businesses. So their incentives are different - for instance hiring their drunk brother in law at worst or medicore cousin at best.

Sorry but that happen in the private world to and I had seen it happen as any one misdeed is not likely enough to cause harm that can in most cases be track down to the decision maker.

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 04:10 pm
@Linkat,
Your right. But even today with unions I know of teachers who disagreed with the superintendant or a board member, and even though they were right were still were downgraded and eventually fired for some B.S. infraction. I am sure we will return to the good old days of having to kiss ass to keep your job. Most superintdents and school board members have a God complex that refuses to acknowledge mistakes on their part. Without unions we wouldent have child labor laws, or 40 hr work week, or health care, or work rules that keep employees safe. I worked for companies who rated safety just below sudden death which happened more often than it should have. Big business is only interested in the bottom line and without unions we will find just how heartless big business can be. I would rate big business just one small notch above politicians, both Democrats, and republicans!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 11:00 pm
@gungasnake,
What part of "collective-bargaining agreement" don't you understand?
gungasnake

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 11:24 pm
@JTT,
As I understand it there was no such thing as collective bargaining for any government workers anywhere until JFK's administration. The country seemed to have worked fairly well without it prior to that.
JTT

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 11:42 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
As I understand it there was no such thing as collective bargaining for any government workers anywhere until JFK's administration. The country seemed to have worked fairly well without it prior to that.

That not what I asked. It was right in the article you posted. There WAS a collective bargaining agreement. That is something negotiated by union reps and government officials. You kinda missed that, right? because facts don't resonate so well in your little echo chamber.

If you think the country worked well when workers had no rights, you're dumber than you appear and you obviously have a dismal lack of knowledge when it comes to history.
0 Replies