Message to Butrflynet

JGoldman10

Tue 8 Mar, 2011 09:48 pm
People make mistakes. I'm not going into an uproar or freaking out because I ran into a problem with Yahoo! Answers.

Trying to bring up someone's past mistakes is NOT GOING TO HELP ME.

It's OBVIOUS most of you people aren't Christians.

You all are pessimists- you don't KNOW about FAITH IN GOD.

I don't think I'm perfect or think I"m better than people.

If I didn't need help I wouldn't be on here asking people for their input.

You all were responding to me negatively because I was moody? You all need to GET OVER IT.
0 Replies

thack45

Tue 8 Mar, 2011 09:48 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Here is an interesting read about JGoldman10

http://www.bewilderingstories.com/issue107/jgoldman.html
Wow. This was from 2004? That's a lotta years of acting this way.
Ragman

Tue 8 Mar, 2011 09:51 pm
@thack45,
When you are 'bin material' time seems to stand still. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 8 Mar, 2011 09:52 pm
The Word of God says, "The Devil is the Accuser of the Brethren"- you people want to CONDEMN me.

All you people worry about is the NEGATIVE things someone does- THAT IS WHAT THE DEVIL DOES.

It is Written, "There is no condemnation for those of us who are in Christ Jesus."

As I told butrflynet in PM- DO NOT JUDGE MY PRESENT BY MY PAST.

Matthew 7:1-2-

"Judge not, lest you be judged, for the same measure you meet it will be measured back to you."
Ragman

Tue 8 Mar, 2011 10:13 pm
@JGoldman10,
God has a message for you: "STFU! Stick to your knitting. You're the one judging others, doofus!"
0 Replies

firefly

Tue 8 Mar, 2011 11:46 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
Here is an interesting read about JGoldman10

It's interesting to note that that piece was written in 2004. The author said that:
Quote:
His medium is the electronic message board, and he employs the flawlessly crafted persona of a clueless, persistent would-be comic-book creator (“JGoldman10”) to stimulate (“annoy”) other posters and make them respond with humorous and often acerbic commentary (“insults”). http://www.bewilderingstories.com/issue107/jgoldman.html

So, here we are, in 2011, 7 years after that piece was written, and we are still ostensibly dealing with "a clueless, persistent would-be comic book creator", who seems to bounce from forum to forum, asking the same sort of questions over and over again, and eliciting the same sorts of responses, until he becomes so intolerable he finally gets kicked out.

No one is so clueless that they don't "get it" after 7 years on the same merry-go-round.

I don't buy the theory that JGoldman10 is a real life socially dysfunctional person, perhaps suffering from a disorder such as Asperger's. I'm more inclined to believe this is someone playing out a fantasy of how such a person might act on the internet. Or possibly, this is just a person who enjoys being a pain in the neck and setting up conflict situations. Or someone who does this sort of thing as some sort of perverse hobby.

If JGoldman10 hasn't gotten his questions answered in 7 years, he's not looking for answers. The endless questions are simply tools to allow him to provoke, insult, and then feign outrage over being misunderstood, rejected, or the target of bias. It's a routine, although I would argue that it's one without much comic appeal. It's too irritating, or downright offensive. What starts as a query about seemingly "harmless" topics, such as cartoons or comic books, rapidly descends into racial issues and a flaming display of evangelical Christian bigotry from JGoldman10--who recently announced in another thread that, "You don't like me because I represent Christ". I suppose we at A2K should feel honored to have Christ's official delegate among us, but frankly, I find these sort of inflammatory comments provocative without purpose. What's lacking in JGoldman10 is any sort of substance. And therein lies the enigma. What is this guy doing, why is he doing it, and why do we fall into the trap of discussing it?

JGoldman10 isn't a person who is genuinely looking for, or asking for, any sort of help. And the well intentioned people who have tried offering him help have had their hands and heads bitten off with insults, and their PM message boxes stuffed with more of his missiles. His questions, or his requests for help, are a set-up--like a booby-trap. Move toward it, and it blows up in your face.

So, how much more of JGoldman10's repetitive routine are people at A2K prepared to take?

I've been parodying JGoldman10's posts in another thread. But, as I was doing that, I realized that JGoldman10 is already a parody--there isn't much left to satirize. And there isn't much to be gained from reading JGoldman10's posts--it's all shallow, simplistic, and rings rather hollow. There is no dimension to this character. There is no substance. If JGoldman10 is a persona some bored internet crawler has dreamed up, the creator seems seriously lacking in imagination, not to mention wit. I find it difficult to believe that any real human could be this one dimensional, which is why I think JGoldman10 is some sort of fabrication, a fictional invader of forum quietude, an internet troll in lamb's clothing.

I don't think I'd consider JGoldman10's "routine" performance art, the initial fascination with it's oddball appeal wears off too quickly. Around here, he's sort of the flavor of the minute, mostly as a curiosity piece, and I sense most people have already had their fill.

What I find interesting is why people still bother to respond to JGoldman10, given where that gets them. And, what I'm waiting to see, is what JGoldman10 does when he is no longer responded to, or discussed. Does he have a second act? I doubt it, but time will tell. If he does, I hope it's more interesting than the first one.

JGoldman10

Tue 8 Mar, 2011 11:47 pm
Let's get something straight here-

I'm not an UNCIRCUMCISED PHILISTINE. I'm NOT a GODLESS HEATHEN.

I DO NOT ASSOCIATE WITH RIFF RAFF.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 12:04 am
@firefly,
Quote:
What I find interesting is why people still bother to respond to JGoldman10, given where that gets them.
the amusement is priceless....
firefly

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 01:04 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
It is OBVIOUS what the problem is.

I am a Born-Again Christian who confesses Jesus. You'll have a problem because I'm NOT GIVING INTO THE NONSENSE HERE AND I'M NOT COMPROMISING MY BELIFS FOR ANYONE.

THAT was the prblem I had with Yahoo! Answers- THOSE DEVILS GOT MAD I was telling them the TRUTH of the WORD OF GOD. THEY GOT MAD I WAS EXPRESSING MY VIEWS AS A CHRISTIAN.

IF THOSE DEVILS DIDN'T LIKE IT-TOUGH.

CHRISTIANS have as much right to EXPRESS THEMSELVES as any of the other people who postr questions there.

http://www.abcpastor.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/believer-jerk.gif
0 Replies

wayne

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 02:01 am
@hawkeye10,
I too have been amused by goldmember's antics, for a time. Alas, as Firefly has said, it is all rather one dimensional and wearysome with time.
I also have a difficult time believing that anyone could actually be so obtuse, and still live in an environment with internet access.
This is simply a game he plays, knowing that he alone controls the strings of his character. He does, however, make mistakes. He has made enough errors of continuity in his character to convince me of the game.
JGoldman10

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 02:44 am
@wayne,
What the HELL are you talking about? What GAME? I am being myself.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 07:40 am
JGoldman says:
Quote:
I am being myself.

Maybe you should be someone else for awhile.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 12:16 pm
This mess got started when I asked for Butreflynet's help. I asked some questions and she didn't give me satisfactory responses. I asked a question related to comics for example-she gave me a list of anime resources. NOT an appropriate answer. If I wanted anime resources I would have asked for them. A while ago I asked what are people doing for Black History Month-she had the temerity to tell me she was going to go respond to another thread on Black History Month.

I asked some other questions and she gave off-the-wall responses.

If you give OFF-THE-WALL responses you don't think I'm going to respond to them?

She acted I was bothering her. She had the nerve to criticize what I was doing. That's when she took it upon herself to try to find dirt on me. I TOLD her in PM she WAS INVADING MY PRIVACY AND OPENING UP A CAN OF WORMS.

I asked if she was going to apologize- she probably doesn't see anything wrong with what she did. The woman is a RUDE, UNCOUTH, DISRESPECTFUL SNOBBISH CRACKPOT. She is mad I told her off in PM.

SHE PROBABLY HATES CHRISTIANS AND THINKS BLACK PEOPLE ARE STUPID.

I DON'T WANT THIS CRACKPOT HELPING ME OR STICKING HER NOSE IN MY BUSINESS. SHE HAS SOME SCREWS LOOSE.
Ragman

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 12:33 pm
@JGoldman10,
...but...she is kind to her cat AND dog. In fact, she worships her Dog!

In a trade, I'd rather have her on my team than you ANY day. In fact, I'd have to throw in a few extra million to get rid of you. You just don't play well with others. you bitch about everyone else but yourself. See the trend here?
0 Replies

firefly

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 05:09 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
RUDE, UNCOUTH, DISRESPECTFUL SNOBBISH CRACKPOT

That's an accurate description of yourself, JGoldman10.
Quote:
SHE PROBABLY HATES CHRISTIANS AND THINKS BLACK PEOPLE ARE STUPID.

YOU do not represent ALL CHRISTIANS. YOU are the one who doesn't even like ALL CHRISTIANS.
PEOPLE can DISLIKE you for reasons other than your RELIGION or RACE--THEY CAN DISLIKE YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE A SNOBBISH CRACKPOT WHO HAS NO REGARD FOR ANYONE ELSE'S OPINIONS OR BELIEFS. YOU DO NOT REPRESENT ALL BLACK PEOPLE. IF YOU ARE STUPID THAT DOES NOT MEAN ALL BLACK PEOPLE ARE STUPID.

If you aren't STUPID, why have you been asking the same kinds of clueless questions, in different forums, FOR THE PAST SEVEN YEARS? HOW COME YOU'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT MAKING A COMIC BOOK FOR 7 YEARS AND STILL HAVEN'T DONE ONE?

YOU have NO PRIVACY on the INTERNET when you post on PUBLIC FORUMS.
YOU have a long HISTORY as a TROLL.

Why don't you do a COMIC BOOK about a BLACK BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN who has to get ALL HIS IDEAS from OTHER PEOPLE on the INTERNET. SO, HE ASKS THE SAME QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER. HE INSULTS PEOPLE WHEN THEY ANSWER HIM. HE CALLS THEM IDIOTS. THEY GET ANGRY ABOUT THAT. HE TELLS THEM THEY HATE HIM BECAUSE HE IS A CHRISTIAN. HE SAYS HE REPRESENTS CHRIST. THAT DOES NOT PLEASE CHRIST. THAT IS NOT HOW CHRIST WANTS TO BE REPRESENTED. SO, A SUPERHERO IS SENT TO STRAIGHTEN THIS GUY OUT, TO HELP HIM BE A BETTER CHRISTIAN AND A BETTER PERSON. IT IS AN EPIC STRUGGLE BECAUSE THIS GUY IS STUBBORN AND HE ALWAYS THINKS HE IS RIGHT, BUT THE SUPERHERO DOES NOT GIVE UP. DOES THE SUPERHERO SUCCEED IN HIS MISSION????

JGoldman10

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 05:15 pm
@thack45,
And you BELIEVE that crap?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 05:19 pm
@CalamityJane,
And you are STUPID enough to believe that crap?
0 Replies

Ragman

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 05:27 pm
@firefly,
Checking for my Briss. Nope, I've been cut and the moyel was a poil!
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 05:31 pm
Not that that's ANYONE'S BUSINESS but I WAS CIRCUMCISED as a baby.
djjd62

Wed 9 Mar, 2011 05:33 pm
@JGoldman10,
i was very circumspect as a baby