Republicans -Democrats

pistoff

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 06:40 am
OK
Sure. I am not always pistoff, like everyday. I am not real pleased with what is happening in America. I am not always negative about all things. I sometimes offer positives. Should I change my name and avatar?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 06:55 am
pistoff- You can do as you please...........but I think that your name and avatar convey a certain message, which may be off-putting to many people, even BEFORE you put fingers to keyboard!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 07:04 am
Stay pistoff.

The hell with what others may think.

The dirty clothes don't get clean without agitation.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 07:34 am
Pistoff- Let me tell you what has happened to me. I have told this story before, either on Abuzz or A2K, but I think that it is very relevant here, and worth repeating, for those who have not heard it.

I once worked with a woman who was very smart, and had wonderful ideas. The problem was that she was very negative, abrasive, and always led with her chin. We were at a meeting, and the two of us got into an argument about how something should be done. We went at it, tooth and nail.

After I left the meeting, I realized something. Originally I HAD agreed with her, but I was reacting to her harsh manner. She had become so inflammatory, that I was no longer listening to her words, but to her emotional tone. So wherein this woman could have had an ally in me, she ended up with an adversary.
0 Replies