John "statesman" Kerry is a wacko

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 12:17 pm
Massachusetts Senator John Kerry is urging U.S. consideration of a no-fly zone over Libya, as embattled leader Moammar Gadhafi launched an air strike against rebels Wednesday.

"A no fly-zone is not a long-term proposition and we should be ready to implement it as necessary," said Kerry, the Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 13 • Views: 1,260 • Replies: 18
No top replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 12:38 pm
@dyslexia,
Declaring such a "zone" and enforcing it are two different things. The U.S. once kept two carrier battle groups continuously in the Mediterranean. Now we have none there. The nearest NATO airbase is in Eastern Sicily - Sigonella, near Catania. It is just under 500 nautical miles from Tripoli. In view of their colonial history, I doubt that the Italians would be interested in actively participating. The French have a small nuclear carrier, but it may be busy elsewhere in the Arabian Sea. NATO doesn't have the tanker capacity to support tactical aircraft operating at those distances.

Kerry is merely pontificating ... as usual.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 12:39 pm
Quote:
John "statesman" Kerry is a wacko
That 's part of the reason that I voted against him.

David
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 12:53 pm
@dyslexia,
Lieberman joins 'subtly' supporting "no-fly zone" for Libya, adds supply of arms to "rebels" by USA. wacko x 2.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 12:58 pm
@dyslexia,
I'm keeping MY guns right here.

Let Lieberman send his own guns.

David
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 01:04 pm
@dyslexia,
We could supply arms very effectively. However, based on available news reports the rebel forced appear to have already armed themselves well enough to (so far) match the forces loyal to Gadaffi.

I believe history has taught us that these revolutionary tranformations are usually thrree act plays - it is very hard to know the eventual result and just who or what will emerge as the final winner. Interference "light" can be a dangerous and uncertain game.

I doubt very seriously that any of our European Allies has any appetite for continued involvement. Further, I find it very difficult to understand how Americans convinced of the folly of our Iraqi intervention could see this situation as any better or different.

However, I am sure that the Msolgas of the world are all for it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 01:05 pm
@dyslexia,
I have often wondered how Libyans get stuck being "Rebels". All the murderous thugs from Checnya to Cape Town gets to be "Freedom Fighters". Libyan? Just rebels.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 01:32 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Lieberman joins 'subtly' supporting "no-fly zone" for Libya, adds supply of arms to "rebels" by USA. wacko x 2.

What about Dennis Kucinich? What is his position on this?
georgeob1

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 01:51 pm
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

What about Dennis Kucinich? What is his position on this?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Good one !
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 02:39 pm
@wandeljw,
Sarah Palin stated that she loves the capital city of Libya, Monrovia
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 03:24 pm
Oh **** - here we go again.

You have a Twitter coup - begun and run by a bunch of 20 something kids who have no idea how to govern. They just want Western jeans and to be able to party in public. Overthrow the government by sheer means of mass rallys. Damn any plan or putting forth any real leadership . . .

So where will the replacment government be found?

This is another example of how we kept a devil in place because he was the devil we knew.

I hope we do NOT become involved in this one. NATO troops are already moving in and our big ships are headed there now.

Oh **** . . .
farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 04:42 pm
@PUNKEY,
Anyway, How do we set up and p[olice a no fly zone without bombing all his SAM sites and communication network?

JTT

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 11:12 pm
@farmerman,
Massachusetts Senator John Kerry is urging U.S. consideration of a no-fly zone over Libya, ----->>>>> without bombing all his SAM sites and communication network? ------>>>> and US businesses are salivating at the prospect of being able to resupply
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 07:29 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Massachusetts Senator John Kerry is urging U.S. consideration of a no-fly zone over Libya, as embattled leader Moammar Gadhafi launched an air strike against rebels Wednesday.

"A no fly-zone is not a long-term proposition and we should be ready to implement it as necessary," said Kerry, the Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
More like an idiot than a wacko... We cannot manage to keep government working... We cannot afford the wars we already have, and that clown wants another... I can't believe I ever wasted a vote on that bozzo... I wouldn't get off my ass now to piss on him if he was on fire....
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 08:48 am
@dyslexia,
And you are just discovering he is a wacko now?

Well, I 'll give you a break - you haven't had the pleasure of him representing your state.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 08:54 am
@Linkat,
Hasent he been reelected several times? Someone in that state must think he knows what he is doing.
Linkat

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 11:35 am
@RABEL222,
Yes - if you are familar with MA politics, people here just simply re-elect who was in office. It is difficult for a new comer to get in office. There are not many intelligent voters here. They like to keep the status quo - basically some one has to die for a new person to be elected.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 11:42 am
@georgeob1,
The USS Enterprise is currently in the Red Sea and has been put on alert to move to the Mediterranean as of March 1.
Fido

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 05:08 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

The USS Enterprise is currently in the Red Sea and has been put on alert to move to the Mediterranean as of March 1.
Reminds me of what Lincoln said of the confederate army before Anteitem, about it's head being in one place and its tail being in another... It must be thin some where...
All this imperialism is getting thin, and old... The people pay for it, and the reich gain by it, and world wide war grows more real by the moment... These little insurections that we are at best encouraging and at worst are behind are a string of matches leading to a powder charge....
0 Replies