Can You Make Zion Out of This?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 02:11 pm
Leave it to the clever Jews to to insert Zionism into the 2012 Olympics.

After all, England is the nation of Disraeli and Balfour.

The Iranian mullahs just don't want their wrestlers to defect. Can't have enough oiled hard bodies defending The Faithful on the mats.

Ceili

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 02:51 pm
You'd think Arabs would see Ozzi if anything... Reading from the left to right.
djjd62

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 05:16 pm
kind of reminds me of this scene in the tower from Airplane

Steve McCroskey: Johnny, what can you make out of this?
[Hands him the weather briefing]
Johnny: This?[Folding up the paper] Why, I can make a hat or a brooch or a pterodactyl...
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 05:55 pm
@Ceili,
Quote:
You'd think Arabs would see Ozzi if anything... Reading from the left to right.

Not to throw a wet towel on the jokes, but Iranians aren't Arabs. They're Persian. While they do read from right to left, the script they use is Perso-Arabic, which is a modification of Arabic script.

Otherwise, please carry on. . .
Ceili

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 06:02 pm
@InfraBlue,
You are correct sir.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 02:32 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
After all, England is the nation of Disraeli and Balfour.
If you mean Britain, its name goes back to the Jews trading tin and copper from there, calling it Brit Ain, the Land of the Covenant (or trade contract) .
Old Goat

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 03:17 am
As was the way with Tony B liar s Labour Government, it was decided that the logo should go to a young designer, in yet another attempt to appear "down and groovy" with the "yoof" of this country.
It was a common vein that was tapped for many ideas and projects while they were in power. Just look at the whole "Cool Britannia" thing that happened soon after he moved into Downing Street.
We look around now and see many areas of our media and education system where it has all been very much dumbed down with the specific intention of being as "inclusive" as possible for our young. The lowest possible denominator, if you will, as far as standards are concerned.

This particular competition was won by 18year old student Reiss Evans, who said at the time :-
"I chose a pencil design because students use pencils from a young age at primary schools through to their work at college.
The pencils are symbolic of the creativity in the UK's schools and the range of colours used represents the global nature of the 2012 Games."

I would not be surprised if Tony Bliar replied "Groovy baby", or words to that effect.

There was an immediate outcry about this logo. English style, of course, where we all wrote letters to the Times and then made some more toast.

A lot of people immediately likened it to the cartoon character Lisa Simpson giving someone oral pleasure, and I'm amazed that the judges of the competition couldn't see that when they were perusing all of the entries.

The morning of the unveiling, I watched the BBC and listened to the numerous comments coming in from viewers around the country, all negative.
They then asked for people to email alternative logo ideas to the programme, and within half an hour or so, hundreds had emailed something they had knocked up in a few minutes. Some were superb, but I haven't found a link to them yet (anyone out there good at hunting this stuff?)

Here's the "unveiling" link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/8257109.stm

As far as I am aware (although I don't know him personally) Reiss Evans has no connections with any Zionist movement.
At this moment in time, he's probably a young graduate who is desperately trying to find a job other than in MacDonalds, whilst trying to remain young and groovy just in case Labour gets back in power.
0 Replies

Old Goat

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 03:35 am
Here's a good spoof video of what one groovy youngster thinks about it all.

I somehow think that she could see right through the hip and down politicians of the day, don't you?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedyshuffle/funnyfeed/olympicslogo.shtml
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 02:14 pm
@Ionus,
No, I mean England. You've never heard of it?
Ionus

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 03:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
No, I mean England. You've never heard of it?
Obviously you haven't . Why don't you try google and check the last time England was a nation .
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 04:10 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

I don't see why anyone would be so up in arms over this logo. I am beginning to believe people just look for things to cause trouble with and it's really disheartening.

I read about this yesterday.
Yes, I can clearly see where someone would say it says Zion.

For a nano second I too thought about the "looking to cause trouble" aspect.

Then, I actually thought of you Arella Mae.

I wondered how you would respond if you and members of your religion saw the words "Jesus Sucks Donkey Dong" and someone responded to you "No way, it just says "Japan-Style Dorito Dogs". Why are you trying to stir up trouble?"

I have to respect what some people say they see, and that it offends them.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 04:44 pm
@chai2,
What a silly and offensive reply chai.

You must be squinting and crossing your eyes if you can see "Zion" in this logo.

More importantly, your equating "Zion" and "Jesus Sucks Donkey Dong" is idiotic and far more offensive than any imagined slight of the thin skinned Muslims who see "Zion" in the logo.

"Zion" means Jerusalem (and by extension Israel) and only someone seething with irrational rage could perceive the word to be, in effect, an obscene insult about Allah. I bet that not even the complaining Muslims are making that ridiculous of a claim.

I would love to see your reaction to a story detailing the complaints of Jews or Christians who crazily found the word "Mecca" in the logo. Somehow I doubt you would be as respectful of their faux outrage.

So in the name of self-righteous tolerance, you have managed to offend Jews, Christians, and those of us who find blatant hypocrisy offensive. You have also managed to exhibit a rank measure of intolerance for Arella Mae and her Christian positions.

chai2

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 07:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Perfect example.

Finn dAbuzz stirring up trouble.
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 09:22 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Arella Mae wrote:

I don't see why anyone would be so up in arms over this logo. I am beginning to believe people just look for things to cause trouble with and it's really disheartening.

I read about this yesterday.
Yes, I can clearly see where someone would say it says Zion.

For a nano second I too thought about the "looking to cause trouble" aspect.

Then, I actually thought of you Arella Mae.

I wondered how you would respond if you and members of your religion saw the words "Jesus Sucks Donkey Dong" and someone responded to you "No way, it just says "Japan-Style Dorito Dogs". Why are you trying to stir up trouble?"

I have to respect what some people say they see, and that it offends them.
I completely get where you are coming from. It seems to me, and this is strictly my opinion, that freedom of speech seems to be disappearing. People do say things about Jesus like you said. I've seen worse in chat rooms. I just ignore the person. I don't see the need to raise a stink.
Old Goat

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 03:32 am
This is just another case of President I'm a dinner jacket having a bit of fun with the west.

Naughty boy.
chai2

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 08:00 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

It seems to me, and this is strictly my opinion, that freedom of speech seems to be disappearing. People do say things about Jesus like you said. I've seen worse in chat rooms. I just ignore the person. I don't see the need to raise a stink.[/color]

Yeah, that's the problem arella, you say it's just your opinion, but want to enforce it on others, while at the same time trying to give the impression that's not what you're doing.

So you don't see the need for them to raise a stink?
So what?

They did.

They had the freedom of speech to complain.
It goes both ways.

You asked the question "Can you make Zion out of this?"

Answer; yes I can.

The question you didn't ask directly....Would it bother you?

Answer; depending on who I am, it could and would.
Irishk

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 11:02 am
@Old Goat,
The IOC has calmed Ahmadinejad down a bit by promising to consider adding the sport of stoning in 2012.

Also this category...(no tissues allowed)...
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fvSSLy0eIhA/TBv0WLbA3TI/AAAAAAAAAfQ/20wTGJfiOWA/s400/Mahmoud+Ahmadinejad.jpg
Arella Mae

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 11:04 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Arella Mae wrote:

It seems to me, and this is strictly my opinion, that freedom of speech seems to be disappearing. People do say things about Jesus like you said. I've seen worse in chat rooms. I just ignore the person. I don't see the need to raise a stink.[/color]

Yeah, that's the problem arella, you say it's just your opinion, but want to enforce it on others, while at the same time trying to give the impression that's not what you're doing.

So you don't see the need for them to raise a stink?
So what?

They did.

They had the freedom of speech to complain.
It goes both ways.

You asked the question "Can you make Zion out of this?"

Answer; yes I can.

The question you didn't ask directly....Would it bother you?

Answer; depending on who I am, it could and would.
What is with the attitude? I am not trying to enforce anything. Sheesh.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 11:10 am
I saw 'Zion' in my soup last night!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 11:19 am
i think we all need to chill out
http://www.torinowine.com/wecliktest/assets/Uploads/_resampled/ResizedImage464348-1154.jpg
0 Replies