Will the anti-vaccine group be the next target?

maxdancona

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 10:38 am
@tsarstepan,
Why does everything have to do with criminal liability? Is putting people in jail really the best solution?

It seems unlikely that this sort of thing would have any deterrent affect (any more than people are deterred from smoking pot or downloading music) so the only reason for criminal prosecution is vengeance. Vengeance doesn't help children. Working to build understanding within different parts of our society does.

My solution is to strengthen social service agencies ability to reach out to these at risk groups. Building bridges is always more productive than swinging clubs.

boomerang

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 11:09 am
@maxdancona,
I don't think there is any criminal intent involved but I really do think these exclusions need to be based on medical necessity.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 11:35 am
@boomerang,
Quote:
I really do think these exclusions need to be based on medical necessity.

That is a wonderfully ambiguous statement. I think I know how you intended it based on your previous statement. But I also say the same thing.

The question is how much pressure should the government put on families to force them to comply. We can do all kinds of things to make people do what we think they should.

There is outreach, education and making sure there is easy access to information and resources. There is social stigma. We can exclude kids from sports. Or exclude them from school. Or levy fines. We can even break up families by removing the kids, or putting the families in jail.

Each of these things will probably increase the number of kids immunized a certain amount. It is certain (from experience with similar efforts to stamp out drug use and homosexuality) that none of these ways of bludgeoning people into submission is completely successful.

And they have costs. Each of the punitive measures , from exclusion to breaking up families ends up hurting the kids we claim that we are protecting.

So I would say that our efforts to make people comply with vaccinations should be based on medical necessity.

If by outreach and education we could bring the number of kids immunized up to the point where group immunity kicks in, why wouldn't we stop there? The goal should be medical necessity, not forced compliance.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 01:08 am
well, it is all very strange because vaccines are very very very dangerous for the health of our children!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 01:52 am
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

Let me know what God has to say about it. He never answers me directly.

Recently there was an article in our newspaper warning people who had been at the airport or on a particular flight or in a few other various places that they might have been exposed to measles.

Whooping cough is really on the rise here too.

There has long been a religious exclusion to vaccines when enrolling a child in school. If religious exclusions to health matters are voided won't that mean kids will have to be vaccinated?
Maybe there are other exclusions; was Mo vaccinated ?
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 01:33 am
@OmSigDAVID,
http://www.davidicke.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/gates.jpg

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr what a psychpathic creep he is!!!

Worldwide humanitarian vaccination projects are for depopulation

http://www.naturalnews.com/045761_vaccination_polio_depopulation.html#

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 07:08 am
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

Let me know what God has to say about it. He never answers me directly.

I know. He's so passive aggressive.

I love you, I'm going to kill you all.....I mean, are we supposed to be mind readers?
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 12:53 am
Quote:
Big-Pharma Vaccines Deemed “Safe” by Big-Pharma Funded “Study

RT’s article, “Vaccines don’t cause autism, complications extremely rare – study,” states that:

There is no evidence that immunizing vaccinations cause autism while any complications arising from their administration to children are extremely rare, new analysis comprised of 67 research studies has discovered.

“There is strong evidence that MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) vaccine is not associated with autism,”the study’s results said.

RT cites a “Pediatrics: Official Journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics” study titled, “Safety of Vaccines Used for Routine Immunization of US Children: A Systematic Review,” which claims:

We found evidence that some vaccines are associated with serious AEs [adverse effects]; however, these events are extremely rare and must be weighed against the protective benefits that vaccines provide.

The report’s conclusions are hardly convincing. But what’s more troubling, is the immense conflict of interest from which the report itself was written. The authors belong to the corporate-funded think tank, RAND Corporation.

While the report itself was funded by the US government, the RAND Corporation from which its authors were drawn is funded by the very corporations (.PDF page 70) that manufacture various vaccines, including the MMR vaccine which was the primary focus of the report. Big-pharma sponsors of RAND include GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) and Merck – that latter of which is listed by the US Center for Disease Control (CDC) specifically as the manufacturer of the MMR vaccine.

Merck has also directly and openly funded other studies put out by RAND (here and here). RAND’s other big-pharma sponsor, GSK, has been recently exposed amid a global multi-billion dollar bribing scandal where it was paying off doctors to endorse and distribute their products.With Pediatrics’ report exposed as – at the very least – an irresponsible, unethical exercise in research, and at worst, corporate propaganda masquerading as a scientific paper, those considering whether or not to have vaccines manufactured by deceitful pharmaceutical monopolies injected into their bodies, have an added incentive to hold off and search for alternatives.

While the science of vaccinations may be sound, the corporations that have monopolized their manufacturing and distribution are often dishonest. The debate is not necessarily whether the process of vaccinating is good or bad, but why enterprises have monopolized that process and what can be done to stop them. As with everything else corporate monopolies do, there is a hidden agenda behind the drive to whitewash and promote big-pharma’s vaccines – an agenda that may transcend mere profits and demands additional scrutiny. If commentators want to assign blame upon anyone for creating public distrust in vaccines, it should be upon big-pharma itself.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/big-pharma-vaccines-deemed-safe-by-big-pharma-funded-study/5389643
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 02:42 am
How very very very sick can one be?!

Quote:
Australia: refuse vaccination, lose $15,000

PARENTS who refuse to vaccinate their kids will be denied up to $15,000 a year in childcare rebates and welfare under tough new rules won byThe Sunday Telegraph.

Our No Jab, No Play campaign has scored a stunning victory, with bipartisan support for the ‘‘conscientious objector’’ loophole to be completely closed to protect all children.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott and Social Services Minister Scott Morrison will today announce the historic reforms, which mean parents who fail to immunise their children will no longer be paid the $200-a-week childcare benefit, the $7500-a-year childcare rebate or the $726 Family Tax Benefit A annual supplement.

The combined childcare and welfare payments at risk could amount to up to $30,000 a year for a family with two young children. The changes will come into effect from January 1, 2016.

And can someone tell me please with what is wrong with the 'logic' in this quote???:

Quote:
Parents who vaccinate their children should have confidence that they can take their children to childcare without the fear that their children will be at risk of contracting a serious or potentially life-threatening illness because of the conscientious objections of others,’’ Mr Abbott said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/anti-vaccination-parents-face-15000-welfare-hit-under-no-jab-reforms/story-fnpn118l-1227300073570
boomerang

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 07:11 am
@Quehoniaomath,
I assume you're questioning the logic of parents of vaccinated kids still having to worry about catching a disease.

Vaccinations are not 100% effective. Kids who have been vaccinated can still catch the disease the vaccine was meant to prevent.

Ionus

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 07:37 am
No one has the right to put others at risk, which includes their own children . Vaccination only works if above a certain percentage so the contact rate is very low . The increasing stupidity of parents is the real matter for concern .
Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 08:57 am
@boomerang,
Quote:
I assume you're questioning the logic of parents of vaccinated kids still having to worry about catching a disease.

Vaccinations are not 100% effective. Kids who have been vaccinated can still catch the disease the vaccine was meant to prevent

Exactly!!!!!

My o my, THINK about that one!!!!

and use some logic!!!!!
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 08:59 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
No one has the right to put others at risk, which includes their own children . Vaccination only works if above a certain percentage so the contact rate is very low . The increasing stupidity of parents is the real matter for concern .

What stupidity?

Vaccins very simply don't work! It is a HOAX, a MYTH

and very dangerous too!

But you are right about this one:

Quote:
No one has the right to put others at risk

I do so agree, So we better stop vaccinating the children zo we don't do them any harm anymore!!!
Ionus

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:01 am
@boomerang,
Quote:
Vaccinations are not 100% effective.
It varies between 90-100% in differing populations .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:03 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
Vaccins very simply don't work! It is a HOAX, a MYTH
Would you say it is a government conspiracy ?
Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:14 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Would you say it is a government conspiracy ?

Why do you ask that specific question? what do you mean?
Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:30 am
@boomerang,
Where did you go to school? The Academy of Brainwashing?

See, this is the way it works. Follow carefully, and try to get this. A vaccinated child is supposed to be immune from the diseases for which he’s vaccinated.

That’s the whole idea.
Ionus

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:34 am
@Quehoniaomath,
You say vaccinations don't work . It is the Government promoting vaccines . Therefore the government knows whether they work or not . So in your mind it must be a government conspiracy .
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 06:28 pm
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2015/04/14/anti-vax-mom-changes-her-tune-when-all-7-of-her-children-come-down-with-whooping-cough/
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 06:29 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
For the most part they do work. In a few people they don't. That's why it's important that everyone be vaccinated. If the disease can't get a foothold everyone is safer.