Well I Did It. I Took Early Retirement

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 09:13 am
@Chumly,
One of the reasons I made a living in this business is because I stood in front of great musicians. I am not a great player AT ALL...my talents lie vocally and as a performer but I know how to recognize talent and as a band leader am proud to say without being a braggart that I brought the best out in players and brought a lot of people along. I know how to arrange and produce and as a band leader was VERY demanding.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 09:32 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Good luck to you, bear! You've mastered the first 2/3 of your life quite nicely,
I have no doubt that the last 1/3 will be equally satisfying.
If everything else fails, you still can become a judge at American Idol :-)
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 09:44 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
I going to miss the stories about your gigs and your life experiences, my favorite Bear. You could come to ABQ and work in Butrflynet's garden. If that doesn't excite you, how about taking Dolly and Madison doggies for walks since I can't do it any more. N.M. has lots of live music opportunities. ABQ is a university city and has lots of theater and music, including symphony and Native American events.

I know you won't come to NM because it doesn't have ocean shores. But you could visit.

BBB

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 09:49 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I think I'm going to be too tight financially to make many long trips BBB....but I'll always have an open space for company should I realize my desire and make it to the beach.
Chumly

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 02:08 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Good for you, emphasizing your strengths can be a definitive advantage in this crazy world; however I suggest not to be closed minded to learning and/or change. People can surprise/surpass themselves if enough effort is there over enough time.

If anything, I can attest to that.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 02:13 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I hope your back is OK.

David
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 03:21 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
unless that spur migrates into a nerve, my back is back to about 90%. I learn the surgery that they said was too tricky to do is quite common same day surgery. I was told differently because I don't have insurance. Nice.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 03:23 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Yikes.
Thinking at some point when you hit the right age you might go for medicare supplemental insurance for a bit (I know, I know) and get it done if you still want to.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 03:25 pm
@ossobuco,
I got several thousand dollars in bills for the privilege of being bullshitted around too. Guess what the one thing besides back taxes is that can be garnished from your social security? Hospital services. I'm won't qualify for medicare for several more years. Unless I get sick of course and I die. Laughing
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 03:35 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Yeh, I just caught that and edited.

Before I hit these ridiculously unmoneyed times, I was insurance poor - a situation I remember my parents struggling with very well. They ended up without any after scraping to pay insurance bills for years, well, decades. Looking back, the costly insurance with high deductible cost me more than the surgeries I had in 2001/2004. A crap shoot, I tell ya.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 04:03 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Hospital services? Are you sure? They can certainly be a part of bankruptcy procedures, while taxes cannot.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 08:51 am
@roger,
public hospital services . look it up.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 08:52 am
@ Roger...that sounded curt on my part. It wasn't intended to.
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 01:38 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
public hospital services . look it up.

I don't understand what you're saying here, BVT. I thought roger made a very valid point, re bankruptcy. I'm not a bankruptcy atty, though.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 12:09 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Good luck honey...hope it works well!!!!!!'

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Bear)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 02:02 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
That's new information. I'll avoid public hospitals, and no problem. I take things the way they seem to be intended.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 05:44 pm
Last night I did my final show. Auctioned off my leopard pants, jacket and scarf and just to be sure the rocker Bear would not be back I killed him. Alcohol poisoning Drunk
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 05:45 pm
Much happiness, bear.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 05:47 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Bravo, Bear.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 01:42 am
I hope that this new lifestyle is easier and more pleasant for you.