2011 Oscars! And the Second Annual a2k Oscar Community Pool!

djjd62

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 07:12 am
@tsarstepan,
i'll probably see true grit eventually

it's funny i just don't care about film as much as i used to, don't know why, i'm sure some of those films are good, but for whatever reason they hold no interest to me, i can't imagine watching the social network, i couldn't even stay interested in facebook, luckily a lot of websites posted the sex scenes from black swan so i got to see what i wanted from it, i was so looking forward to inception, and now have no interest in seeing it, no real reason why, just, eh, don't much care

if i had to lay recent blame for my lack of enthusiasm anywhere, i guess i'd lay the blame squarely at the feet of james cameron and that travesty he called avatar, i seem to have a hard time believing the hype anymore, even when it seems the film might be good

am looking forward to the information bureau(?) or whatever it's called with matt damon
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 07:44 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

CONGRATS McGentrix with the last second victory! Very Happy

Oh, wow, this is totally unexpected. I'd like to thank the academy for keeping this years awards show extremely predictable. I'd also like to thank the hosts for putting on a good show. I thought they did a fine job. I'd also like to thank Tsarstepan for putting this together and keeping track of things. Wow, I still can't believe this is happening... I's also like to thank the other participants for indulging in my competitive nature. Never met a contest I wouldn't enter in hopes of winning. I'd also like to thank my wonderful wife and all the joy she has brought me all these years. Uh, oh, they are playing me off... I will see you at the after party!
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 10:39 am
Congrats, McG! I sorta watched -- FF'd through the boring parts so I really only saw Randy Newman's acceptance speech (funny!) and why oh why did they save NY's PS22 choir til the very end??? I so would rather have watched 3 hours of them.

Can't wait until The King's Speech comes out on DVD.
0 Replies