Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 07:45 pm
I really hate the fighting that goes on in the world, A2K, in homes, etc. I heard this song today. I'd like to share it with all of you.

If only we all felt this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElCIGdLx4UM
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 3,040 • Replies: 23

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 08:37 pm
Well, I think it's a great song. Very Happy
laughoutlood

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 08:52 pm
Loved it, thanks.

Hugs all round.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 09:00 pm
tim mcgraw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xSGLZd9Vg4
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 09:09 pm
@Rockhead,
That is a good song too!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 10:12 pm
@Arella Mae,
Me too.

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 10:24 pm
@JPB,
That is beautiful. Thank you for posting it. It's nice to know there is still hope out there.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 05:54 am
"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it." (Matthew 10:34-39 NASB)
Arella Mae

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 08:31 am
@snood,
Amen snood. I know that the fighting and all is going to happen just as it is. Some days are worse than others.
JPB

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 08:36 am
@snood,
And what do you suppose he meant by that, snood?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 02:26 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

Amen snood. I know that the fighting and all is going to happen just as it is. Some days are worse than others.

That was my only point to you, AM. For those who claim the redemptive blood of Jesus, there will be unavoidable conflict in this world.
Arella Mae

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 03:31 pm
@snood,
Oh I do know that. There's just been a lot of petty arguing going on around me that I'm not involved in but when people you care about are involved it affects you. It's just not a very kind world anymore. That song I posted made it pretty simple in some ways. We all do bleed red, have feelings, etc. Sometimes I think we forget that.
vikorr

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 04:24 pm
@Arella Mae,
Funnily enough, I've come to the conclusion that the most common source of 'attacking others' is fear. The only true way I see to overcome fear is to 'build' who you are, and build others...for the more comfortable you become with yourself, there is a corresponding :
- decrease in your desire 'attack' others,
- decrease in the your desire to unecessarily judge others,
- decrease in events that are capable of hurting you
- increase in comfort of being open and 'vulnerable'
- increase in compassion for others
- increase in ability to see others for who they really other, and where they are at

One of the problems I find with religion is that they don't completely do this (help build people)...they always leave some element of fear to 'prey upon' (some leave more elements to prey upon than others).

Note : discomfort with something is a very mild form of fear (sometimes it can actually be a deep seated fear, the first barrier of which, is discomfort - eg. take most mens ability to approach a beautiful stranger surrounded by a gaggle of friends - ie...what are the emotional reactions/stages they feel? and why?)
ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 04:33 pm
@vikorr,
My ex, a writer, used to say the human's prime motivator was fear. Of course, we argued about that..

On the title, Arella, I figure some people think they bleed blue..
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 07:09 pm
@ossobuco,
Laughing Ain't that the truth!
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 05:55 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
My ex, a writer, used to say the human's prime motivator was fear. Of course, we argued about that..

Hi Osso, I first heard the concept many years ago, and when I first heard it, I couldn't agree with it either. It wasn't until I did a lot of work with my subconscious mind that I came to realise how true it is. So I can understand how people can argue against it.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 06:04 pm
@vikorr,
I tell my subconscious to shut up..
kidding.

I think fear is right up there around the top and will win out in stress times, but I don't buy that it has complete reign.
tenderfoot

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 10:36 pm
your bibble says ----
Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me

To be quite honest anyone that "believes" the above is unbelievable..... I'm thankful I'm not worthy of him-her cause I would protect my wife and children with my life --- any arse hole that came into my house with a bloody sword of his God -- or more so that despicable God himself came anywhere near me .... So next time you pray to him you better warn him.
vikorr

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 10:56 pm
@ossobuco,
Oops, my apologies, I didn't read that quite right. My point was rather, that fear is the most common causal factor of conflict...of people attacking others...of put downs etc. (funny that tenderfoots post appears just before this one). Tthat was what I had first heard years ago, and didn't believe it then, because I couldn't comprehend it.

Fear can motivate other things, but Love, compassion, and socialness are also motivators.

In fact, it is quite possible to 'negotiate' or 'train' fears away (from your subconscious) and to achieve things with our underlying 'true selves'...which is much more satisfying than achievements motivated by fear.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 07:22 am
@tenderfoot,
tenderfoot wrote:

your bibble says ----
Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me

To be quite honest anyone that "believes" the above is unbelievable..... I'm thankful I'm not worthy of him-her cause I would protect my wife and children with my life --- any arse hole that came into my house with a bloody sword of his God -- or more so that despicable God himself came anywhere near me .... So next time you pray to him you better warn him.

Brilliant, informed and enlightened commentary.
0 Replies