Arella Mae

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 12:46 pm
@tenderfoot,
Laughing @ warn him. And you think believers are unbelievable? Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 01:23 pm
@snood,
I don't see this scripture, maybe, the same as some here.

Probably could be translated to mean: Don't expect, either, that you can stay at home with mommy and daddy and never stick your neck out for fear of it being whacked.

I like this: Here lies the bones of Tilly Jones for her life held no terror. She lived a virgin, died a virgin. No hits, no runs, no errors.

Ya can't stand in a corner like a cornered rat, swiping at anybody who comes too close . Ya can't just do nothing. We humans only learn from experience.

Anyhow, the opposite of fear is love. Remember Charles Manson? Remember Bob McQuen? Both come from abusive childhoods, yet McQuen chose to pluck his guitar gently and sing about love.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 01:59 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

I really hate the fighting that goes on in the world, A2K, in homes, etc. I heard this song today. I'd like to share it with all of you.

If only we all felt this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElCIGdLx4UM
Such pacifistic ideals requires lots of selfdiciplin
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 02:13 pm
I am a great believer in the theory that man needs both the cooperative spirit as well as the will to engage in conflict in order to be whole and to prosper. I dont have a problem with people who crave peace so long as they dont go stupid and think that peace is all we need. I dont have a problem with people who crave conflict so long as they remember that conflict must be conducted under the spirit of fair play.
0 Replies