Nader Won't Run

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 10:22 pm
I haven't seen a thread discussing this as yet. Why do you think he has made this decision?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 843 • Replies: 10
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 10:36 pm
My simple view is that he knew he couldn't win, and would throw the election to the Republicans.

I'll spare you the partisan comments. It again looks like a case of deciding which issues are important, and which faults to overlook.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 11:20 pm
I don't have all the facts, but I wonder if it might also be because he might not qualify for federal funding this time around.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 01:27 am
Edgar
Edgar, I don't think Nader is out of the running---yet, only that he won't be the Green's presidential candidate. He is still considering whether or not to run as an Independent candidate.

BBB
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 08:39 am
It couldn't be because he knows he can't win. That would never stop him. Possibly because he does not want to assure Bush's reelection Nah! He does't mind being a spoiler. Time I guess will tell or will it?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 08:51 am
All I can do is to hope...and I fervently hope Nader finally reins in his ego and sits this thing out.

In my opinion, the man made some valuable contributions in his day -- speaking out where others to fearful. But he is fast tarnishing his image -- and while I suspect "his image" is not uppermost in his mind, I hope he at least gives it some consideration.

A part of the legacy of his life's work requires that his image be reconstructed -- and there is a lot of "his life's work legacy that I want to see secure.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 08:52 am
Nader may yet (as Bumble has posted) run; I believe there will be a significant third-party candidate but I hope it shows up from the conservative fringe.

A bonafide conservative -- one concerned with the exploding deficits, one concerned with the encroachment of civil rights, one concerned with America's hegemonistic foreign policy -- would find traction.

Say, a Pat Buchanan clone... :wink:

Merry Christmas, everyone.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 08:56 am
I think Limbaugh should run.

And Rumsfeld.

And Ashcroft.

And...well...maybe I better not get carried away -- so that's enough for now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 09:34 am
If Nader ran an independent campaign he would take all the Green votes, scuttling his own party - And wouldn't attract many if any new votes, seems to me.
I like the concept of a conservative campaign against the neocons -
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 09:37 am
Merry Christmas to everyone in this thread.

May 2004 bring peace and contentment into all our lives.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 02:32 pm
If Dean gets the nomination, I don't think we need Nader.

If not, I may run myself...
0 Replies