Getting My Job Back....

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 12:29 am
My Question Is If You Get Fired From A Store Can I Apply @ A Different Store & Position??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,085 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 12:52 am
Why not?
Fisher913107

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 01:22 am
@Ceili,
i thought they would say no.. but i think imma give it a try, thankxxxx Ceili...
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 07:53 am
@Fisher913107,
On most job applications for chain stores in USA, on the application they always ask where you worked and have you worked for this company before. If you have worked for thios chain, where and when. Hopefully for you, it's not with that same store chain. With the store that fired you, they're obliged to disclose by the employer's upper management's rules, "would you rehire this former employee?" Because you got fired, the answer will be 'no'.

Regardless, the application asks you for the history of your previous employers which often dates back 5 years. The only way around this is to lie (or omit) which will get you in deeper crap should the find out.
BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 07:02 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
Regardless, the application asks you for the history of your previous employers which often dates back 5 years. The only way around this is to lie (or omit) which will get you in deeper crap should the find out.

This is a job not a career so what the hell if they do find out and let him go because of it six months later he had six months of income by then.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 07:10 am
It's so easy to check resume facts nowadays that I don't think you should lie. Odds are if you got fired, the same company is not going to hire you back. Companies now often share information in a database they subscribe to, if your company subscribes, even other companies will probably know that you were fired and why. The age of privacy is over.

0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 11:13 am
There are many reasons why a company would terminate an individual. One of the most common is plain discrimination. If this applies to the present situation, hire a lawyer and sue the company.

Good luck.
Ragman

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 12:09 pm
@Miller,
What is the likelihood of a retail worker at the retail store-level (or anyone shy of the level of corporate officer) will have the resources to hire an attorney and sue? Correct - not very likely!
Green Witch

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 01:25 pm
@Ragman,
If a lawyer thinks he can win he will work the case for free and then collect a portion of the settlement. However, most people are fired for doing something stupid (often more than once) or just not being reliable. My bet is the poster did something stupid.
Ragman

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 01:28 pm
@Green Witch,
Regardless, it's still all boils down to being a matter of resources. What lawyer is likely to pick up on a contingency basis the case of someone who makes less than $100k per year, regardless of the merit of the case? The payday is too small for to take on such cases. Corporations even in retail level typically don't fire someone unless they have documented more than one incidence of insubordination or negligence of some sort ... something that would stand up to being scrutinized in a court of law, if it came down to it.
Green Witch

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 01:47 pm
@Ragman,
In the late 1980s I know someone who sued a major NYC financial corporation because he believed he was not hired to be a receptionist because the personnel manager found out he was gay (it came out when calling his references). A lawyer took his case without charging him a fee because she felt she could prove he was turned down only for that reason. They sued for some crazy number, but settled in the thousands. The lawyer got a very juicy cut. Lawyers do this all the time when they feel the odds are in their favor.
chai2

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 02:14 pm
@Fisher913107,
Fisher913107 wrote:

My Question Is If You Get Fired From A Store Can I Apply @ A Different Store & Position??

Why were you terminated?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 02:56 pm
@Green Witch,
I can site some anecdotal evidence myself; however, it's BY FAR the exception rather than the rule.
0 Replies