"JUSTIFIED" Season 2 to start

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 06:58 am
While not cricially acclaimed, this series, based on a story by Elmore LEonard, has turned out to be a real hit with the folks. I like it for its grittiness and the characters who , despite all the efforts by commercial sponsors to "tone it down" can embody all the elements of true evil (or a smuch evil as the comics code allows).
Im especially a fan of the refined "I found Jesus" evil of Walton Goggins , who, after finding Jesus, while he was doing a nickle in the Supermax, has found a way to combine Jesus and his characters need for cash into a series of novel enterprises that exhalt both.
Im certain that, had thios been done on , say, HBO, instead of FX, it would have become another Sopranos.
STill, its one show that Im eager to have kick on for its new season, and I hope the critics can understand that the concept of "**** Can Happen frequently in the same spot" isnt too far over their heads to appreciate this gem of a show.

I guess Im sayin that I like it and am waiting with my popcorn bowl.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,541 • Replies: 24
No top replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 07:06 am
@farmerman,
Thanx for the summary.
It just shows me how much tastes can vary; @ to his own.

For the record: I dislike grit.

David
farmerman

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 08:23 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Lotsa gunplay on that show.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 08:30 am
@farmerman,
Grit can foul the mechanism.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 02:14 pm
@farmerman,
So Im the only Justified fanboy? . SAd, how can p[eople watch such **** as Dancing with your favorite No Talent Celebrity and not kill for this show
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 02:26 pm
@farmerman,
If I had cable, I would check it out.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 09:19 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
So Im the only Justified fanboy? . SAd, how can p[eople watch such **** as
Dancing with your favorite No Talent Celebrity and not kill for this show
I have no interest in dancing,
nor in watching it; waste of time
(but then again, I used watch American Bandstand
in the 50s; I liked the music n the young ladies).

David
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 03:04 pm
I watched it tonight and I liked it. My son had turned it on and I wasn't really paying attention until Raylynn shot this guy across the table and then these nazis firebombed a church and I got pulled into the storyline.

I like the characters and the setting - the southern accents, etc.
I'll watch it again.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 05:49 pm
@farmerman,
I'm going to download the pilot episode from iTunes and try it.
farmerman

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 06:24 pm
@rosborne979,
It took well into the series year for the show to get good. The pilot sets up the reassignment of Rqaylan from Miami to Harlan County Kentucky
rosborne979

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 06:57 pm
@farmerman,
The pilot was good. I'm going to watch the next episode tonight.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2011 12:00 pm
@farmerman,
I'm into it about 4 episodes. It's pretty good. You always know somebody is gonna get shot, but it's often a surprise who gets it, and who does it.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 10:54 am
I caught up to the network schedule. It's a good show. I wonder what kind of poison that lady used in the first episode of the second season. Seems like magic; odorless, colorless and works perfectly in only a few minutes. They must have some strange plants in the Kentucky woods Smile
farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 11:09 am
@rosborne979,
Howd you like it when he sprayed gasoline all over the guy who, then after threatening to shoot Raylan, Raylen sez,
"What part of Firearm do you not get?" the operating word in Firearm is "FIRE". So somebody all covered up in gasoline oughta not be thinking about flames"
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 11:19 am
@farmerman,
It comes on at 11:00 p.m. on Wednesdays. Seriously?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 11:20 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Howd you like it when he sprayed gasoline all over the guy who, then after threatening to shoot Raylan, Raylen sez,
"What part of Firearm do you not get?" the operating word in Firearm is "FIRE". So somebody all covered up in gasoline oughta not be thinking about flames"

I thought that was GREAT! Smile Then the girl in the trunk asks him if he really would have gone up in flames if he fired the gun and Rayland says basically, "who knows, but it sounded good" Smile

A lot of the writing is very good. The conversation is crisp and to the point.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 11:52 am
I love that show. I'm also a Timothy Olyphant fan. He projects that barely controlled rage thing in his characters. Did youlike Deadwood FMan?
farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 01:42 pm
@rosborne979,
Ive akways loved Elmore LEonard crime stories. He writes with action, none of that flowery pages of Victorian description .

He writes for guys.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 02:53 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

I love that show. I'm also a Timothy Olyphant fan. He projects that barely controlled rage thing in his characters. Did youlike Deadwood FMan?

I loved Deadwood. Wish they hadn't cancelled it. Garret Dillahunt was also very good as Francis Wolcott. He later stared in The Sarah Connor Chronicles as a cyborg and did a fantastic job (and he was also in Joe from Cincinnati, another show that should not have been cancelled).
Molly Parker was also good as Alma Garret and I later saw her on Six Feet Under.
farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 03:04 pm
@rosborne979,
we dont get HBO so I missed Deadwood. Im going to get the episodes from Netflix. We went with Sho and ENC as our premium channels because Sho has "Dexter" another of our secret vices