art of robert hollingsworth

ezrahh

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 02:20 am
does anyone know where i can find any info on the artist robert hollingsworth?
thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 17 • Views: 26,354 • Replies: 37
No top replies

mac11

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 10:05 am
Hi ezrahh, welcome to A2K. I did a google search with no luck. Do you have any other information about him?
mistral

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 10:18 am
Welcome ezrahh! Robert Hollingsworth is not listed in the great dictionaries of artist biographies. He perhaps belongs to the American family H. of artists, collectors and historians of art. Is he a living artist?
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 06:46 pm
Robert Hollingsworth
There is a Dennis Hollingsworth listed at www.artnet.com. Could this be the guy you mean? Maybe Robert is a middle name?
0 Replies

Paula Clark

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 01:30 pm
Robert Hollingsworth
Did you ever find out about Robert Hollingsworth? I bought three pen-and-inks at an estate sale: a Tuscaloosa train station, an Illinois Central caboose, and an oil derrick in a field with trees. They're very representational but with a sparce clarity; quite lovely.
I registered with Able2Know just to be able to ask you if you knew anything about this artist.
Lightwizard

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 02:46 pm
He's also not listed in the Art in America guide. He may be a fairly new artist and if one enjoys his work and it's reasonable then it's worthy of collecting. There are a lot of artists who are in vogue, especially in commercial print, and sometimes they have a five or six year window of some amount of fame and then just dissapear. There are so many now in the limited edition market that is too often fad art and it's impossible to keep track of them. Some have "made it" over many years and one could ponder exactly why.
0 Replies

epags

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:44 am
More on Robert Hollingsworth
I just acquired (August 2005) two pen and ink drawings by Robert Hollingsworth dated 1976. Both are winter scenes of old howses in the the midwest. The owner of them has passed away so this info is all that I can add to this topic stream.

epags
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 12:53 pm
epags, as I recall the painting of Dennis Hollingsworth, it is VERY NON-representationally abstract. I used to like it then became bored with his formulaic approach. My point, however, is that I don't think he's your ROBERT Hollingsworth because of Robert's REPRESENTATIONAL "winter scene." But one never knows for sure; some people, like Diebenkorn, switch back and forth.
0 Replies

tsioux

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 01:05 am
Robert Hollingsworth prints
Unfortunately, I cannot add any additional information about the artist, Robert Hollingsworth. I may, however, have a clue as to their original value. I inherited in 1997 three prints by the artist in their original packaging, and on the back of the packaging is an insert which shows 2 sets of prints and touts "A Great Gift Idea ..." Set I is A--Tuscaloosa Station (a train station); B--Mainline Caboose (Illinois Central no.9400); and C--The Pumper (depicting an oil well). Set II is D--The Lakes Farm (showing an old house with outbuildings); E--The Old School House (print dated 1981); and F--Shadows (depicting a farmhouse shadowed by the branches of a nearby tree, with a barn behind the house). The source of the seller is not listed on the front of the insert, but the insert states a selling price of $25.00 per print; $59.95 for 1 set (either Set I or Set II); and $99.95 for both sets (all 6 prints). I have Set II. I am guessing that these prints were some sort of promotional deal, sometime in the mid- to late eighties.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 09:53 am
Great to see a helpful response all this time after the original post. If it doesn't help the original poster, maybe it will be helpful to someone else in time.
Welcome to A2k, tsioux.
0 Replies

tsioux

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 12:00 am
Thank you, Ossobuco. I found this site while trying to research the artist myself and realized I had some information to share that might be helpful.

tsioux
0 Replies

Candace Katamay

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 07:37 pm
Robert Hollingsworth, Art
I have 3 prints? pen and ink depicting houses (2) and one that is what looks like a school house with a signature in the bottom center and dated 1981. I acquired them about 3 yrs ago. I too am looking for information on the artist. Mine are on the type of paper one would use for this type of medium but I'd like to know if they are prints and if so would they be numbered?
JLNobody

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 08:18 pm
I googled a representational artists (died in 1944, as I recall) by the name of William Robert Hollingsworth.
0 Replies

tsioux

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 02:37 am
Robert Hollingsworth, art
Please see my post: 2251685 - Robert Hollingsworth prints

I gave some information as to their original value, if this will help you.

tsioux
0 Replies

deannepitcher

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 10:43 am
Artist Robert Hollingsworth of Alabama is a contemporary artist whose contact I had (commissioned him to do portraits in Houston TX) around 1982. He moved back to Alabama after a few years of work here. I believe he had done portraits of politicians in the state of Alabama. I lost contact with him at that time. A real southern gentleman. He was married and had 1 daughter at that time, as best I remember. He did ink renderings as a hobby between collage portraits . . .Very Good work !!
randitm

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 02:14 pm
Robert Aland Hollingsworth (Photographer)
I am trying to do a visual analysis paper on Robert Aland Hollingsworth's photograph "Women on Bench" and am having an equally difficult time finding information on him as an artist. He is from the Bay Area and spent much of his life in the Portland area from what I understand ("Women on Bench" is now apart of the permenant photo collection at the Portland Art Museum, which consists of many Portland area artists).

The only site I found is a Portland, OR gallery who had his work in a show last may. Froelick Gallery. The short paragraph about him is on their website, www.froelickgallery.com/Artist-Detail.cfm?ArtistsID=287

In the paragraph it mentions he is in "The Moment of Seeing: Minor White at the California School of Fine Arts", but finding a copy at a library has been impossible.

Anyway, anyone else who is as stuck as I am, hope this helps, and if you come across more information, pass it on!
susinni

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 04:42 am
0 Replies

ORDtravis

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 11:01 pm
@Paula Clark,
Hey Paula... I have the same three prints. Has anyone been able to offer any information to you?
0 Replies

robbpics

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 04:27 pm
@mac11,
I am the daughter or Robert Aland Hollingsworth, Photographer. You can address to [email protected]
0 Replies

QUINJAS

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 07:48 pm
@Paula Clark,
Unfortunately I do not know about Robert Hollingsworth either, but it sounds like I have the exact ones you have. However I have a 1976 date on the Illinois Central caboose and May 20, 1982 on the oil derrick. I will keep researching and let you know if I find anything. Judi
0 Replies