Tunesia, Egyt and now Yemen: a domino effect in the Middle East?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yemen president to step down.
spendius

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 01:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
spendi includes himself into that definition. The proof is in almost every post he composes on a2k.

Both of those are lies as you readily admit as soon as challenged, emphatically so, by this--

Quote:
Where you see honesty, I see tangents and irreverence for the truth - rather than direct responses.

Show me a mendacious sentence I have written.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 01:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
His anti-IDer memes and attack on evolution are his regular targets where he quotes old writers that doesn't even address the topic under discussion.

They are not "anti-IDer memes. They are educational memes. And I don't attack evolution. And I only quote writers, who can't help being old, to address the topic.

Show me a quote of mine which doesn't address the topic.

You're an ad hom machine.
JTT

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 01:39 pm
@spendius,
See, CI, that's what I was talking about. Spendi can be very honest. And it stands to reason that we don't all carry about the same notions about any individual.

Spendi, why such honesty with CI and none for the baldfaced lies of Ionus?
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 01:49 pm
@JTT,
I do have to agree with you to a degree even though me and spendius do not agree on every thing, he has not shown absolute lying that I have detected so far but please keep in mind that I am slow witted!
spendius

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 01:54 pm
@JTT,
I find a lot of Io's stuff to be incomprehensible. I can't see what he's getting at. I sense he has had a bad time somewhere along the line in the service of our culture and I make allowances for that. Some of the imagery in use is not something I dwell upon in arguments of the sort you are having.

I said all I felt worth saying about "that that". I quoted a highly respectable writer using "much more" three times in a short passage.

What more do you want.
spendius

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 01:56 pm
@reasoning logic,
It's impossible rl not to keep in mind that you are slow witted. You remind me so often.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 02:04 pm
@spendius,
Don't you ever forget it!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 02:58 pm
@JTT,
This is one of spendi's response to the topic of "critical thinking." Please translate what he means on this topic?

Quote:
One seems obvious to me--OM. Big Media. Pro evolution = Threat to Freedom. Not Pro-Science because most oms don't know what science is as is painfully obvious from the shite they put out.

Did you really think that you were picking this fight with people who thought Jesus walked on water? Thinking things like that is typical om thoughtwaves. It's like a fingerprint. Or psychic DNA of the maternal coddling strain. Veblen said that he learned all his economics walking alongside his dad when he was ploughing. So Veblen's off limits for oms. A female om I knew tore one of my copies of The Theory of the Leisure Class to shreds and threw it into the back window of her husband's car for him to return to me. After only 6 pages too. I was proud of her. She understood it fast. Thornstein was blackballed by the Higher Learning which turned out a bit counterproductive.

spendius

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 03:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You ought to have made clear what an om is ci.

For those interested in ci's silly post "om" is shorthand for William H. Whyte's Organisation Man.

And you failed to reproduce the whole post which is a bit devious.
spendius

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 03:31 pm
@spendius,
Here it is--

Quote:
The Knoxville News-Sentinel is owned by the E.W. Scripps Company which also owns a lot of other newspapers and TV stations and is based in Ohio.

Most astute commentators think that the gobbling up of the large number of locally owned news outlets etc by giant corporations is the greatest threat freedom is faced with.

And it is quite obvious that centres of force gradually eroding freedom, I can sometimes feel them pulsing when looking at them with a modicum of critical thinking, will take the line on this issue that the Scripps mouthpiece takes, as other large media corporations do as well, as we have seen, which leads any ordinary critical thinker to the tentative suspicion that attacks on religious institutions are eroding freedom.

Freedom is so important that a tentative suspicion is enough to find out on which side of the line to set up one's deckchair and have a snooze in the sun.

I would never have thought such an awful thing myself because I am rather innocent and, unfortunately, easily led, but wande rubbed my nose in it. Time after time I got Wikipee to examine, at first scratch, the sources wande quotes which are posing as if James Stewart was sitting on the front porch in a green eyeshade composing his daily or weekly address to the mugs. And they are not. They are run by men, and women, of the type William H. Whyte described in great detail. Like some other institutions.

It doesn't take a lot of nonce to be able to spot an organisation man, or woman, in a geology department or a (gulp) prestigious university philosophy department. Oms are like worms. I know some oms who actually think of themselves as right wing.

The sociological theory, and sociology is a science, that concentration of media into fewer and fewer hands is a dire threat to freedom, can, like any theory be used to produce conclusions. Speculative as they may be. It is up to the reader to make what s/he can of speculations.

One seems obvious to me--OM. Big Media. Pro evolution = Threat to Freedom. Not Pro-Science because most oms don't know what science is as is painfully obvious from the shite they put out.

Did you really think that you were picking this fight with people who thought Jesus walked on water? Thinking things like that is typical om thoughtwaves. It's like a fingerprint. Or psychic DNA of the maternal coddling strain. Veblen said that he learned all his economics walking alongside his dad when he was ploughing. So Veblen's off limits for oms. A female om I knew tore one of my copies of The Theory of the Leisure Class to shreds and threw it into the back window of her husband's car for him to return to me. After only 6 pages too. I was proud of her. She understood it fast. Thornstein was blackballed by the Higher Learning which turned out a bit counterproductive.

It's a fair enough challenge to the teaching of evolution to question who wants to teach it and are organised to promote the objective. And it's a complex matter.

The real question now is whether freedom is mal-adaptive because if it is oms are in the right. But I think that possibility is due to us no longer being able to make freedom adaptive. Due to overpopulation which is the cause of omming. Look how attracted most people are, at some visceral level, to a view which contains no sight nor sign of one's fellow man.

Which gets interesting but the maid is running my bath and I gotta scoot cos she shouts at me if I'm late.

I was mentioning sitting ducks on these threads years ago. Oms need sitting ducks. On the top step. Startled partridges are too fast for them.

A one-way megaphone over the nation with no answering back is the om's dream. Bilko took a scythe to them.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 03:31 pm
@spendius,
spendi, FYI, it's an open forum, and you are allowed to post anything in toto if you believe you were short-changed.
JTT

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 03:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Without a much much larger context, that would be well nigh impossible, CI. Additionally, being that there are no EFLs present, speculation on my part would serve little purpose.
spendius

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 05:04 pm
@JTT,
The larger context is that those in favour of promoting evolution teaching in secondary schools in order to justify their resistance to Christian teaching on sexual matters are constantly quoting articles from giant media corporations, an obvious threat to freedom, as if they are the oracle of all wisdom, and masquerading as local and thus pretending diversity, when it is obvious what such sources are going to say about such matters when reducing freedom is their only objective.

You are perfectly free to buy in to such unscientific bullshit I suppose but you ought to be aware what you are about when you do so.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 05:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't think I was shortchanged ci. I just thought you once again made a complete idiot of yourself and I'm in favour of you doing that as often as possible.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 05:11 pm
@spendius,
I don't know, spendi. Why don't you ask the people on this thread what they think about your compositions vs mine on clarity and on topic?
spendius

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 05:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You ask them. It's no skin off my nose what they think.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 05:42 pm
@spendius,
Just as well; you've ignored all the negative comments made to your posts in the past.

In your case, more will be less.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 05:57 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Your behavior illustrates that these things simply didn't take for you or your entire family was as delusional as you've shown yourself to be.
Very Happy Whats wrong with that sentence, you great English speaker you !

Quote:
Or, a third alternative, more of your delusions, and sick fantasies; again with the breasts thing.
You mean the one you wrote and I have been quoting to highlight how ridiculous you are ?

Quote:
I have never ever said anything that would support an honorable, honest human saying "those tens of thousands of breasts being cut off".
So if I go to the trouble to find it will you leave this forum ? Will you give your word not to return under any other name ? After all, your reputation will be shot .

Why do you pretend to have never insulted me first ? Do you think you are entitled to call anyone a war criminal because you were on drugs in the '60's and got laid by every smelly hippy in the country ?

Tell us about how the USA is the greatest war criminal EVER.....
Ionus

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 05:58 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Is the subject of your sentence a euphemism for Ionus's family
Does your family visit you in the psyche ward or do they live there too ?
0 Replies