The worlds first riddle!

Tryagain

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 10:37 am
Greetings earthlings…

How much does a weight weigh if a weight weighs one weighty plus a half weight?
Lordyaswas

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 10:43 am
@Tryagain,
That would be a one and a half weighty weight.

In human terms that equates to the average Floridian.
Tryagain

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 10:14 am
@Lordyaswas,
Oh dear Lord you make eye laugh english, but I can assure you that the term ‘le privilége du blanc’ in French means exactly the same as, ‘il privilegio del biacno in Italian… is it any wonder King George III lost your corporeal hereditament known locally as the ‘wang’ of the states along with 13 adjoining parts in 1776.

Your answer is as we say in Latin a praesumptio iuris tantum, when I was in fact seeking an irrefutable presumption.

However, may I extend the spirit of friendship and say it has been both an honor and pleasure to have you and your wit come visit and I wish y’all a very happy retirement.

What is a word made up of 4 letters yet is also made up of 3. Rarely consists of 6, and never written with 5?
0 Replies

timur

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 10:24 am
TryAgain wrote:
What is a word made up of 4 letters, yet is also made up of 3. Rarely consists of 6, and never written with 5?

Sheesh!
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2016 02:43 pm
It’s about time

Hour y’all a doing?

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/Fruity%20math_zpsxtdqezv7.jpg
dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2016 05:28 pm
@Tryagain,
Got d lord, this thread has been quietly wending its way along since 2003!
0 Replies

usamashaker

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2016 03:40 pm
@Tryagain,
Wow, it's still going.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 9 May, 2016 09:30 am
Hey you guys, great to see you, do give my regards to Broadway…

Do you think that Disney's ridiculously inventive anthropomorphic animation Zootropolis could be the most existentially probing family film ever made?

Congrats USAmashaker------- the cigar is yours. I once passed thru MA looking for Shaker furniture, I was looking for a nightstand; a onenightstand!

Now that our host is banned I am free to post what has been up till now a non sequitur...

There were some folks on a Streetcar named Desire. Nine people get off at the first stop and seventeen get on. There are now 23 people left inside including two sets of twins but the triplets got off.

So how many passengers were onboard at the start?

For those of a more nautical bent - you’re in a rowboat, which is in a large tank filled with water. You have an anchor on board and a big bag of cookies. You eat all the cookies and then in a mad moment you throw the anchor overboard (the chain is long enough so the anchor rests completely on the bottom of the tank).

Does the water level in the tank: a) rise, b) fall or c) stay the same.

If a) is true – then b) and c) are false
If b) is true – then a) and c) are false
If c is true – then a) and b) are false

Which are FALSE?

This post has been sponsored by the Support TRUMP for the Presidency of Venezuela Campaign dot org

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 03:40 pm
It's 16 and not 14....

the apple = 10
the banana = 4
the coconut = 2
Tryagain

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 06:08 am
@CalamityJane,
Yea, C-J has joined the fray!

For those of you who have not had the pleasure of interacting with C-J, may I say that she combines beauty with brains, so if you want your bratwurst firm and juicy, she is a Fräulein equivalent of Rachael Ray in the USA.

So who will support her answer even though her desserts are only stressed backwards.

Oh, and another thing – there is only one half of a coconut!!!

BTW you can’t say ‘hello’ without including HELL and that goes for the Devil/Lived…

But do you know any other words that mean something else when written backwards?

Talking about spelling; we can teach kids there’s no i in team, but it’s way more important to teach them that there are two a (’s) in Grammar, (apologies to any member living in Grammer, which is an unincorporated community in Rock Creek Township, Bartholomew County, Indiana); and remember, the closest you will ever get to perfection is when you fill out a job application form!

To whom it may concern: I didn’t say I was searching for a class condom…

What I actually said was, ‘It was a classic conundrum as I was Trying to get into classical music, but I can’t find any original recordings as all the music is preformed by cover bands’!
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 09:54 am
@Tryagain,
Not as brainy....gheez I didn't consider that there is only half a coconut...
Us Krauts sometimes say "Du Kokosnuss" which translates to "dummy"
Serves me right! Wink
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 08:46 am
To Whom It May Concern:

Oh jeez Don, how many times do I gotta tell ya that the Virginia opossum is the ONLY marsupial found in North America. However, do feel free to simply call it a possum iffin ya see it somesplace else.

To acknowledge the 13th anniversary of this moribund affront to the senses which rose like Morpheus from the ashes of Icarus that was the old Abuzz…

Join with me on a quest to find Don. He has family in many countries such as United States, Russia, Denmark and Argentina. He was last seen at this year’s opening of The Hills, New York City’s newest landmark and one that has breathed new life into this former military base. The new 10-acre public park is made of four hills that pay homage to the hilly landscapes of pre-colonial Manhattan, including Outlook Hill from where visitors can enjoy the best vistas of Manhattan and Brooklyn, as well as the best 360-degree panoramas of New York Harbor, the Statue of Liberty, Lower Manhattan, Brooklyn and Jersey City in the distance.

The question is – Which country is Don in?

Only those who know the difference between Alpacas and Llamas may proffer an answer, although experts on the Vicuña and any ‘The Don’ supporters may hazard a guess.

- - - HAPPY HOLLIDAY’S - - - y’all.
0 Replies

dragonis

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 09:11 pm
@Tryagain,
i thought the worlds first riddle was
which came first the chicken or the egg
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 01:43 pm
Belated greetings dragonis - san

I apologize for my absence due to the fact that it is taking longer to chew thru my restraints…

I do believe you have me confused with Groucho Marx or even yet, Karl Marx maybe!

Whatever, before answering your question it is vitally important, some may say, critically, to elucidate who came first:

The ‘Mush-Mush’ or the ‘Musher’?

I know it originates from the French word "Marche!" meaning "go" or "run" (not to march), to command the dog team to commence pulling.

"Marche!" became "Mush!" for English speaking Canadians due to their lack of linguist dexterity and lexicon malfunction.

You have not been charged for this somewhat obtuse perspicacity.

I await myriad replies with breathless anticipation, or as they say in Baton Rouge* - atemlose spannung. Y’all come down and visit sometime.

* French for Red Stick.
ekename

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 06:21 am
@Tryagain,
Who'd have thought anyone could be half a coconut shy of an answer?

When you're rougey baton your Baton Rouge back in and let's tryst again.

* French for Red Stick.

https://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/Fruity%20math_zpsxtdqezv7.jpg
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 08:44 am
@Tryagain,
"God" if at all to be found in some symbolic deep sense, can only be found while you are alive.
Tryst

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 09:20 am
@ekename,
OMG! This moribund thread has once again defied the laws of gravitas*

*Please note that I have no connection to, Gravitas, a fashion brand aimed at empowering every woman to have a confident sense of self – although I am very much buoy up by its sense of titillation.

How ironic, or should that be, iconic that not one, but double that number of esteemed interties should utter forth on the ‘Ides of March’. Et tu Tryst.

Tryst, the name sounds like that of a quarrelsome fellow, however it seems fair to assume that many of his far whittier namesakes had their own eke-names too.’

Spring is sprung, the grass is riz.

I wonder where the boidie is.

They say the boidie’s on the wing.

But that’s absoid. The wing is on the bird.

"Play it again, Sam"

Tryst knows pseudonoise sequence - so how can a clam cram in a clean cream can?

'Whereabouts': Is it Singular or Plural?
Tryagain

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 10:05 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
My good Sir, trying to write the introduction to this post without overusing the word pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is going to be difficult as it may become something of due diligence to the state you’re in, which seems more auspicious than a place marked with a pentacle, but less numerous than the places not marked at all.

For example: If five esteemed members of A2K were stranded on an island (not Staten Island) went around picking up coconuts for years. Then one day, they saw a ship passing. They had a radio but as it was bought from Radio Shack it didn’t work, so they sent a message via a hamster trained to avoid aquatic perils to come and save them. The ship replied "Yes, tomorrow morning!"

The five of them went to sleep but Jes the first to wake up thought "I
don't trust my buddies," so she took 1/5 of the pile of coconuts.
Then a monkey came down and took 1 coconut.

The second to wake was Izzie and she didn't trust her buddies either, especially the dastardly Tryst, so she quietly took 1/5 of the remaining pile of coconuts. The monkey came down again and took 1 coconut.

During the rest of the night, Sturgis, Maxdancona and Edgarblythe did the
same and the monkey took 1 coconut after each of them in turn.

In the morning all of them tried to divide the remaining pile of
Coconuts into five equal portions but had one left over, which they
gave to the monkey –

And if I may quote a passage from the Aramaic Bible to you in plain English:

“I say to you that there will be joy like this before the Angels of God over one A2K’er who returns home.”

How many coconuts were in the original pile?
timur

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 11:33 am
That's quite a Diophantine equation..

Without trying to throw a monkey wrench in your elaborate works, I'd say that the last division between the honorable A2K members maybe about 10 billion (binary) from which you take one to the monkey..
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 08:34 pm
@Tryst,
Quote:
Gravitas, ... I am very much buoy up by its sense of titillation.

I had a feeling you were inclined at the prospect.

Quote:
Et tu Tryst

Speaking of the third person, and on et tu you, and etymon: an ekename, a nekename, a nickname.

Quote:
so how can a clam cram in a clean cream can?

With some mussel and the sixth sheik's sixth sick sheep, delish and so dip, so chic.

Quote:
'Whereabouts': Is it Singular or Plural?

And that's a big yes from me.
0 Replies