21

The worlds first riddle!

Tryagain

1  
Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 10:37 am
Greetings earthlings…

How much does a weight weigh if a weight weighs one weighty plus a half weight?
Lordyaswas

2  
Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 10:43 am
@Tryagain,
That would be a one and a half weighty weight.

In human terms that equates to the average Floridian.
Tryagain

1  
Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 10:14 am
@Lordyaswas,
Oh dear Lord you make eye laugh english, but I can assure you that the term ‘le privilége du blanc’ in French means exactly the same as, ‘il privilegio del biacno in Italian… is it any wonder King George III lost your corporeal hereditament known locally as the ‘wang’ of the states along with 13 adjoining parts in 1776.

Your answer is as we say in Latin a praesumptio iuris tantum, when I was in fact seeking an irrefutable presumption.

However, may I extend the spirit of friendship and say it has been both an honor and pleasure to have you and your wit come visit and I wish y’all a very happy retirement.

What is a word made up of 4 letters yet is also made up of 3. Rarely consists of 6, and never written with 5?

timur

2  
Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 10:24 am
TryAgain wrote:
What is a word made up of 4 letters, yet is also made up of 3. Rarely consists of 6, and never written with 5?

Sheesh!

Tryagain

2  
Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2016 02:43 pm
It’s about time

Hour y’all a doing?

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/Fruity%20math_zpsxtdqezv7.jpg
dlowan

3  
Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2016 05:28 pm
@Tryagain,
Got d lord, this thread has been quietly wending its way along since 2003!

usamashaker

3  
Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2016 03:40 pm
@Tryagain,
Wow, it's still going.
14

Tryagain

2  
Reply Mon 9 May, 2016 09:30 am
Hey you guys, great to see you, do give my regards to Broadway…

Do you think that Disney's ridiculously inventive anthropomorphic animation Zootropolis could be the most existentially probing family film ever made?

Congrats USAmashaker------- the cigar is yours. I once passed thru MA looking for Shaker furniture, I was looking for a nightstand; a onenightstand!

Now that our host is banned I am free to post what has been up till now a non sequitur...

There were some folks on a Streetcar named Desire. Nine people get off at the first stop and seventeen get on. There are now 23 people left inside including two sets of twins but the triplets got off.

So how many passengers were onboard at the start?

For those of a more nautical bent - you’re in a rowboat, which is in a large tank filled with water. You have an anchor on board and a big bag of cookies. You eat all the cookies and then in a mad moment you throw the anchor overboard (the chain is long enough so the anchor rests completely on the bottom of the tank).

Does the water level in the tank: a) rise, b) fall or c) stay the same.

If a) is true – then b) and c) are false
If b) is true – then a) and c) are false
If c is true – then a) and b) are false

Which are FALSE?

This post has been sponsored by the Support TRUMP for the Presidency of Venezuela Campaign dot org

CalamityJane

2  
Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 03:40 pm
It's 16 and not 14....

the apple = 10
the banana = 4
the coconut = 2
Tryagain

1  
Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 06:08 am
@CalamityJane,
Yea, C-J has joined the fray!

For those of you who have not had the pleasure of interacting with C-J, may I say that she combines beauty with brains, so if you want your bratwurst firm and juicy, she is a Fräulein equivalent of Rachael Ray in the USA.

So who will support her answer even though her desserts are only stressed backwards.

Oh, and another thing – there is only one half of a coconut!!!

BTW you can’t say ‘hello’ without including HELL and that goes for the Devil/Lived…

But do you know any other words that mean something else when written backwards?

Talking about spelling; we can teach kids there’s no i in team, but it’s way more important to teach them that there are two a (’s) in Grammar, (apologies to any member living in Grammer, which is an unincorporated community in Rock Creek Township, Bartholomew County, Indiana); and remember, the closest you will ever get to perfection is when you fill out a job application form!

To whom it may concern: I didn’t say I was searching for a class condom…

What I actually said was, ‘It was a classic conundrum as I was Trying to get into classical music, but I can’t find any original recordings as all the music is preformed by cover bands’!
CalamityJane

2  
Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 09:54 am
@Tryagain,
Not as brainy....gheez I didn't consider that there is only half a coconut...
Us Krauts sometimes say "Du Kokosnuss" which translates to "dummy"
Serves me right! Wink

Tryagain

1  
Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 08:46 am
To Whom It May Concern:

Oh jeez Don, how many times do I gotta tell ya that the Virginia opossum is the ONLY marsupial found in North America. However, do feel free to simply call it a possum iffin ya see it somesplace else.

To acknowledge the 13th anniversary of this moribund affront to the senses which rose like Morpheus from the ashes of Icarus that was the old Abuzz…

Join with me on a quest to find Don. He has family in many countries such as United States, Russia, Denmark and Argentina. He was last seen at this year’s opening of The Hills, New York City’s newest landmark and one that has breathed new life into this former military base. The new 10-acre public park is made of four hills that pay homage to the hilly landscapes of pre-colonial Manhattan, including Outlook Hill from where visitors can enjoy the best vistas of Manhattan and Brooklyn, as well as the best 360-degree panoramas of New York Harbor, the Statue of Liberty, Lower Manhattan, Brooklyn and Jersey City in the distance.

The question is – Which country is Don in?

Only those who know the difference between Alpacas and Llamas may proffer an answer, although experts on the Vicuña and any ‘The Don’ supporters may hazard a guess.

- - - HAPPY HOLLIDAY’S - - - y’all.

dragonis

1  
Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 09:11 pm
@Tryagain,
i thought the worlds first riddle was
which came first the chicken or the egg