The worlds first riddle!

markr

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 09:05 pm
@TTH,
TTH wrote:
Quote:
Can you give me the quadratic function y = x*- 8x + 11 in vertex form. What is the vertex of the function graph?

Assuming the asterisk is a 2 (x squared), the answer is:
y = (x - 4)^2 - 5
The vertex is (4, -5)
markr

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 09:11 pm
@Tryagain,
CLOCK NUMBERS
Since 78 (sum of the numbers) is divisible by 3, the two lines will not intersect.
Draw a line that starts between 10 and 11 and ends between 2 and 3.
Draw another line that starts between 8 and 9 and ends between 4 and 5.
11+12+1+2=26
9+10+3+4=26
8+7+6+5=26

0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 02:53 pm
@markr,
mark
Quote:
If it was intended to be:
14/(x+2) - 1/(x-4) = 1
then there are two answers:
x = 5 and x = 10
Cool
Quote:
Assuming the asterisk is a 2 (x squared), the answer is:
y = (x - 4)^2 - 5
The vertex is (4, -5)
Cool
jove

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 04:08 am
@TTH,
~Hi Try,,, how are you.

I dislike anyone forming me except God say's me, God, Amen. ~God who is ~YaWaY~,
would you form Jesus H. Christ for 60 seconds in a row then 5 of those ( 5 true minutes) pt Amen.
It seems as if people can't decide whether I thg = nothing, deserves a Lump sum from social security, even though i have been stricken with panic attacks that feel like this *-
since i was a ~ teenager Amen.
God who is
~YaWaY~ when i was homeless in Portsmouth, N.H. (i named it Thee HellO inn), sister's of mercy visited and stayed there because ~ (what God say's) -

By the way, would you let people know, who should, and shouldn't, be driving, pt Amen.
My so-called dad's and so-called mom's (God pt amen.) do not want me to drive the car i used to own, for whatever reason's, even though they have been seen smoking pot illegally and drinking pure grain alcohol blatently while doing so (~driving vehicles~). ~They -
drive down the wrong side of the road with me, my daughter in the car amen.

It was like this -*
That was scary wasn't it!amen. I wrote amen so people don't think i'm a fk'n liar.
I learned amen all over again when i was wrongfully jailed again, for the,,, this /these many times ~*

Dark age Iz@ and i hate this*-

Dark age EzeKeY@L hate's this*-

This suprised
Aeon*-

Adrian*-

Adriana*-

Lil Olde Mary*-

Bacchus and Bachur'*-

God hate's this *-

Dark @Ge IsRaYal had this happen to him*- (he said "good luck fkr's) Amen.*-

Tryagain i/we ordered diseases that are going to blow peoples mind's *-

into innocent virgin female babies that are going to stay purly raped as such~ amen.

I hate anyone forming me (alway's have) except God Amen.

I don't go to regular AA meeting's. My so called dad is feeding me extra drug's as a favor to me. If i don't take the drug's, i will have to sleep out doors~ become homeless amen.

So how are you*-?
TTH

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 06:06 am
@jove,
Hi jove
I have no idea what you are talking about and why it is a reply to my post on a math question. Are you related to Try since I hardly understand him 1/2 the time Confused
jove

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 03:34 pm
@TTH,
Hi TTH, i just felt liking commuicating. I'm still getting used to the new format (i like the old one). I can sometimes understand what Try writes, when i can't i make up my own games with his riddles in my head.
TTH

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 03:46 pm
@jove,
Hey jove sounds like something I would do Smile
I still like this new format. I'm just getting around without reading the pages written on how to navigate through. Still in the lazy mode I guess.
0 Replies

jove

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 05:05 pm
@Tryagain,
Hi Try,,, i had a dream about you a few year's ago,,, it was quite real! I dreamed that i bought you a building on State st. in Newburyport, Ma. for about $400,000.00. It's about in the middle of State st. I walked inside of it during my homeless journey.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 08:11 pm
So Try, hey blue guy, did you get lost or something? I am going through riddle withdrawal here Laughing
jove

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 08:12 pm
@TTH,
Here is a riddle

~did i, Jesus, Mary and Oseph sh@ke before using while

~SiR KinG JaMeS WatCHeD?

See God for answer-
http://www.wga.hu/detail/m/michelan/3sistina/1genesis/6adam/06_3ce6.jpg

"You can kiss GoD's ass goodbye amen.".
jove

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 08:28 pm
@jove,
Try,,, in real life i would be embarassed to meet you because i have missing teeth,,, and the one's i do have a rotted amen.

I will take the pain of anything or one that satan + is going to target as long as there is or isn't any likeness of me or not amen.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 04:48 pm
Hello folks; it is I back from the abyss.

Mark:

CLOCK NUMBERS

Since 78 (sum of the numbers) is divisible by 3, the two lines will not intersect.
Draw a line that starts between 10 and 11 and ends between 2 and 3.
Draw another line that starts between 8 and 9 and ends between 4 and 5.
11+12+1+2=26
9+10+3+4=26
8+7+6+5=26
Cool Cool

Nothing can be added to that excellent answer.

Hi Jove, I sometimes think you are the only one I understand. As for TTH; half the time I don’t understand her riddles, and the other half; I’m sure I don’t. I see Mark has gotten round the problem by rewriting them…Clever!
Anyway Jove, thank you for dreaming about the property, what with the credit crunch an all. I will dream you are a Princess in a castle and I will tame the dragon and save you…

A question to chew over:

You have a large container of berries. When the berries were fresh, 99% of their weight was from the water in the berries. A test 3 days later showed that they had lost some of the water due to drying and were now only 98% water by weight.

If the initial fresh berries weighed 100kg, how many kg do they weigh 3 days later Question
Stormwatch

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 03:20 pm
@Tryagain,
I have no idea what the answer is...I'm too tired to think hard. It's nice to see you back again Try.....
0 Replies

markr

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 01:19 pm
@Tryagain,
BERRIES
1kg must be 2% of the weight. Therefore, the berries weigh 50kg.
TTH

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 01:46 pm
@markr,
Hi mark
Hey, white really is white Shocked
which means I can't see your answer on the screen.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 05:23 pm
Mark:

BERRIES
1kg must be 2% of the weight. Therefore, the berries weigh 50kg. Cool Cool

If 99% by weight is water and the berries weigh 100kg, then the water weighed 99kg and the "berry stuff" was 1kg.
Then, if the berries dried (i.e. only some of the water was removed) until the berries were 98% water by weight, then we would get the following formula:

Xkg = 98% of Xkg + 1kg
X = 0.98X + 1
0.02 X = 1
X = 1 / 0.02
X = 50

So the berries would weigh 50kg (1/2 as much as fresh) if they are now 98% water by weight.

Remember that we do not know how much water is lost. All we know is that the ratio of water to "berry stuff" has changed. You can't just multiply 0.99 times 0.98 and get the answer. Which I was hoping you know who would! Oh well, One day…

Thank you for your kind words Stormy, always good to see you.

I am off back down the sewers for a while, will return as soon as circumstances allow.

Stormwatch

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 11:00 am
@Tryagain,
Jeeezzz it's been kinda quiet here lately. Did everyone go and join Try in the sewers?

Here's something to keep us going if anyone is interested:

jus144tice

ssssssssssne1

trheealdiinnegs
TTH

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 02:18 pm
@Stormwatch,
Stormwatch wrote:
ssssssssssne1
tennis anyone
I didn't join him in the sewers.
0 Replies