CalamityJane

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 07:48 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Still watching "Zone " marathon.

We've been watching the "Twilight Zone" too, I just love them. Even my kid
is hooked now...
-----

Happy New Year to all of a2k! I hope all your expectations, wishes and dreams become reality.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 07:57 pm
You get a Zone marathon. We get a 3 Stooges marathon. Sad
Rockhead

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 07:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
smoky was watching a Bonanza marathon.

did you know Hoss' given name was Eric?

no ma'am, not horse. just plain hoss...
Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 08:00 pm
Well, for a few more hours, it's one-one-oneone. Then it's just regular old day to day stuff again.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 08:01 pm
@Rockhead,
Of course. Eric Hoss. His brothers were Joseph Hoss and Adam Hoss.
Reyn

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 09:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

You get a Zone marathon. We get a 3 Stooges marathon. Sad

I would love a 3 Stooges marathon right about now.

We're getting re-runs and crappy movies, etc.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 09:38 pm
oh

and remember, this is the doom year.
in 2012 supposedly the mayans said we were gonna die.
Or our calendars would stop printing ........

or something like that..
ossobuco

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 09:40 pm
@ehBeth,
If I remember, Bailey is the one most like Pacco, so I'll send him zorro good stuff.

I have to admit that I prolong my attachment to my now dead dog in keeping the photo as an avatar and keeping bringing up this dog up in conversation.

This will pass. Meantime, he was a balancer for me, and in a way still is.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 09:44 pm
@ossobuco,
Re new years, may a2k continue as a tumultuous family.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 09:46 pm
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

oh

and remember, this is the doom year.
in 2012 supposedly the mayans said we were gonna die.
Or our calendars would stop printing ........

or something like that..

Maybe it's a day all our AAA batteries die.
shewolfnm

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 09:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
thats RIGHT!

Its the Y2-12 kink. everything is programmed to turn off on that day.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 09:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Of course. Eric Hoss. His brothers were Joseph Hoss and Adam Hoss.

No, no, no, their last name was Cartright... Hoss, Little Joe and Adam Cartright. I forgot what name Pa had? Then there was Hop Sing ( was this his name?)

I don't like the 3 Stooges, the Marx Brothers were so much better...
Eva

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 11:21 pm
@CalamityJane,
Lorne Greene's character's name was Ben Cartwright.

Sons' names (in order of age): Adam Cartwright, Eric "Hoss" Cartwright, and Joseph "Little Joe" Cartwright. Their ranch was the Ponderosa. The nearby town was Virginia City. I believe they were supposed to be located near Lake Tahoe.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 11:43 pm
@dyslexia,
Quote:
just another new years eve

we walked down to the restaurant near the beach and watched the fireworks ; bliss
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 11:54 pm
Went to the Susky River at Conowingo Dam and watched the eagles stealing fish from each other. Then went down to Glasgow Delaware to see "True GRit II" and went and had a nice latte at the Elkton New years town stroll.
Very Satisfyin and slow day , Twilight Zone is starting to repeat and Im off it for this year.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2011 08:44 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

I suppose 3 Stooges isn't everyone's cup of tea, BUT Laurel and Hardy are better that Marx Bros. Wink
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2011 08:54 pm
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:

CalamityJane wrote:

I suppose 3 Stooges isn't everyone's cup of tea, BUT Laurel and Hardy are better that Marx Bros. Wink

I like funny people. Each have their own personalities and routines and I love most all of them.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2011 09:03 pm
@farmerman,
Dammit, I'm losing my wits for flicking around re links on a2k. I hope this isn't permanent.

Meantime, Dys, be well and belligerent.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2011 03:35 am
I just figured out that I was a day ahead of myself--the day I thought was New Year's Eve day was actually the 30th - I had a celebratory lunch here with friends then I drove down to Hastings (battle of 1066 country) to visit another friend.

I guess I was thinking that was New Year's eve as we had quite a fun celebration - he made lentil soup which was very good and we had some of that - went to the pub where he started in on me - you know, he's the sophisticated European and I'm the stupid naive American and a woman at that, AND a mother who'd stayed home with her kids so he said stuff like, 'Housewife is just a title women invented so they could stay home and do **** ALL while the man goes to work'.
To which I just laughed and said, 'Yeah and it was FUN ...I look at it like this...I quit my successful career so I could be a stay-at-home drunk....'
(I didn't make that up - I got that from a blunt card).

Then on the actual New Year's eve we went to see Canterbury Cathedral which is IMPRESSIVE!! I've seen a lot of Cathedrals - here and in the rest of Europe (because I like iconographic art) but I have to say there is just something really grand and substantial and amazing about Canterbury Cathedral. Maybe, because as my friend explained (he's an history and architecture afficianado) it's really two cathedrals in one - the early romanesque and the gothic added on later.If you ever get the chance to see it - don't pass it by.

Then we went to see this little Romanesque church in Brookland with the only lead font in England. That was quite something - it was 12th century and sort of a melding of the pagan with very early Christianity. You can see all the images of the people working along side what look to be pagan symbols.

I took a picture of my friend amid several crosses as a joke because he is so ANTI-christiness...

Then I drove home and waited for my daughter to get home from her party. She showed up the next morning. I fell asleep on the couch. I don't think I made it to midnight.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/aidan_010/IMG_7797.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/aidan_010/IMG_7810-1.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/aidan_010/IMG_7790.jpg

We're doing New Year's Day celebration today as my son has seemingly just recovered from his New Year's Eve celebrations enough to join us -I've invited him the last two days but he's been 'Tired'. So New Year's Day dinner with black-eyed peas and cornbread is today and then it's back to work for everyone tomorrow.

Happy New Year - and may it bring nothing but happiness to everyone.
0 Replies