What Did it Mean?

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 06:11 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Arella Mae wrote:

No snow here so far.
It was freezing this morning and about 60 this afternoon. The weather here changes constantly.
Take good care of JJ!
Don 't let him get too cold!

David
JJ probably has the heaviest coat of all the horses out there. They were funny yesterday. Three would lay down and one would stand watch. I'd go out and hour later and the watcher was laying down and another was watching. Interesting dynamics they have. Mac is going to get an attitude adjustment here soon. Since Little Miss Joy has been gone he's turned into a bully. I haven't had the opportunity to ride or groundwork him much since I'm working. Trainer Dave said, "You bring him out here and I'll adjust his attitude!" Oh! Dave said he will be putting that first ride on Miss Joy this week! I'm waiting for pictures of her latest training session. Dave said she is turning into a beautiful girl.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 06:18 pm
@Pemerson,
I think that is about the sanest thing said concerning this movie. Through the whole thing I'm like, "Why would anyone live like that?" I had to keep reminding myself it was just a movie and I should keep watching because maybe something happens that makes them change.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2010 07:43 am
@ehBeth,
My mother had a saying, Every pot has its cover". There are many flavors of family dysfunction in our world. In some ways it often appears to "work", although to the outside world the marriage would seem peculiar, at the least.

As was once said, "A sadist is a person who is kind to a masochist"
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2010 07:45 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Being in the mental health field, I can say, with some authority, that I have met many nutjobs and wackos who were either psychologists or psychiatrists.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2010 11:50 am
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Being in the mental health field, I can say, with some authority, that I have met many nutjobs and wackos who were either psychologists or psychiatrists.
My professor 's theory was that a disproportionate number of mentally dysfunctional people
went into psychiatry or psychology as a profession in hope of curing themselves.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2010 01:05 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Yeah, you are right. I just found a site that explained it all. I have to say I am very disappointed now. Don't ask me why, I just am. It was all a game. Torturing each other for years over a game. Thanx Chai2!

I think that was the point. Games.

I liked Hump the Hostess.

I think a lot of you are missing one relevant part, how much alcohol is consumed. Alcohol makes us such nasty folks.

I was in my early twenties when this film came out. Based upon my remembrance of many of my parent's friends, mean drunks like these folks were not uncommon. Especially in professional fields like teaching.

I also liked the story George told about the guy who killed his mother and then his father in a car accident. How Martha then turned it around and George was that guy!

They were just a couple drunks entertaining each other. Wander into the den at your own peril.
0 Replies