boomerang

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2010 09:32 pm
@Swimpy,
Sorry. I posted to the wrong thread.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2010 06:07 am
@Swimpy,
she loved it, she always taught young grades and loved reading to kids, it was a perfect fit
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2010 06:22 am
@Swimpy,
Excellent idea. I've been this way doing since 1988 when it seemed the best way seeing as that I had what I needed and even then there were many that didn't and didn't have the resources either.

The one thing I add in this is that when making a donation, innoculate include a note asking that you aren't place on the mailing list. An entire donation can be erased in less than 5 years of mailings and calenders and so called gifts as the organization solicits for more money.

Better yet send a money order instead of a personal check, eliminates the mailings entiirely.
McTag

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2010 06:26 am
@Swimpy,

My pal was told by his brother-in-law he (the b-i-l) had too much stuff. He was invited round at Xmas, but told he should not bring a present, but would he please take something away.
Setanta

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2010 06:29 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
Better yet send a money order instead of a personal check, eliminates the mailings entiirely.

Wise advice. I once took on the job of revising the mailing list of a charitable organization, especially with a view to eliminating duplications--some people were getting seven or eight solicitation letters, and several commented that if there was money for that kind of waste, then the charity didn't need any more of their money.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2010 08:59 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
He was invited round at Xmas, but told he should not bring a present, but would he please take something away.

Now that's an idea!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2010 09:45 am
Mrs edgarblythe and I finally came to the conclusion that we do not need to buy ourselves any gifts at Christmas. The only thing I have given this year, thus far, is food to the food bank. Since money is always tight, I may give some more, but not sure if or how much.
0 Replies