Republicans, Islam, Catholics and Jesus

RexRed

Tue 14 Dec, 2010 09:27 pm
This is how I see the religious right and Islam today as being contrary to the teachings of Jesus

Romans 1:22
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Comment: Not slaves to God or Allah, but slaves to every whim of the imam, popes or priests they are slaves to another man's will over their own destiny.

John 8:36
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Comment: Imams and Catholic clergy stand between the slave [worshiper] and God. So the slave is submitting themselves to the imam’s or priest will not God. Paul said he was a "willing" slave to god not to men.

Matthew 23:9
And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Exodus 20:2
I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage [Islam/Catholicism/Judaism].

Comment: Hammurabi laws.

The Quran says that if a prophet contradicts a prophet who comes before him he is worthy of death. Does Mohamed and Catholicism contradict Jesus? The Quran also states that Jesus Christ is the messiah so he is not only a prophet but the lord of all men directly under God, Jesus being subject only to God almighty.

Leviticus 25:10
And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubilee unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family.

Comment: Fifty days after the ascension was Pentecost...

Psalm 119:45
And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.

Isaiah 61:1
The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Comment: While the republicans fight social services… Is that very Christ-like?

1 Corinthians 11:1
Be ye followers [imitators] of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Jeremiah 34:8
This is the word that came unto Jeremiah from the LORD, after that the king Zedekiah had made a covenant with all the people which were at Jerusalem, to proclaim liberty unto them;

Romans 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Comment: Even God (the creature or creator) is freed from corruption by the law of liberty versus sharia and ten commandment law.

Comment: People enslaved by laws are envious and jealous of the liberty obtained through the messiah.

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Comment: As the conservatives and terrorists hate liberals they must then also hate Jesus whom the Quran calls "the messiah" and the greatest prophet.

Galatians 2:4
And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage [submission]:

Galatians 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage [submission].

Galatians 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Comment: I am reminded of the suicide bombers of 9/11 who were seen in strip joints [like the Hooters down the street from the new proposed site of the mosque near ground zero] the night before they went out to murder 3000 innocent people. These SLAVES of Islam who dream undeservedly of an orgy of virgins in paradise as they murder those who are pure. Who claim others take land from them and rob from their their families when it is them who are stealing life and land and taking it greedily from others, like Darfur or Kuwait?

James 1:25
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Comment: Liberty brings blessings the ten commandments and sharia laws bring curses.

2 Peter 2:19
While they [imam/priests] promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought into bondage [submission].

Comment: If Mohamed had any good virtue it was that he united the Arab people and he directed them toward the message of Jesus but then the Ouran changed the message of Jesus as if the writers were listening the fallen angel Lucifer rather than Gabriel.

John 10:10
The thief [law/bondage] cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Comment: Are spiritual laws written in the heart or on paper?

2 Corinthians 3:2
Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

Question: Can one greater law negate many other laws?

Comment: Apparently the new testament is exactly that. A greater law negating an inferior set of laws. More aptly the new testament is better stated as the new Torah or new law which negates the old law.

Galatians 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage [submission].

Comment: The Islamists make such a fuss over people eating pork but they do not take into consideration that once freed from this old testament law through the messiah and to then return to the same sharia bondage is like a dog eating its own vomit or becoming as filthy as a pig after being cleansed by the messiah.

2 Peter 2:22
But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Comment: There is always a "but".

Do unto others as ye would have done unto you... but...

Love others as I have love you... but...

A "but" is a selfish reason to go back and wallow in the mire.

Most Muslim countries want Iran and their nukes wiped off the face of the map but that will not resolve the fundamental problems with Islam.

I just watched a movie called "Malcolm" about the life of Malcolm X. I was at one point taken back. Yes Malcolm robbed a family and their home one night, according to the movie, yet he did his time and when released he should have had a clean slate.

Yet, while in prison he was approached by a proselytizing Muslim. (Where proselytizing is supposedly forbidden by the Quran.) Well watching the hypocrisy of this proselytizing Muslim makes it evident why proselytizing is forbidden. Proselytizing is like begging someone to become a slave. Not the best way to win and influence people.

At that point I was rather saddened by Malcolm’s choice. Here is a black man angry about his race being enslaved by the white man and what does he do? He joins the most enslaving religion on earth whose very name means submission! In all due respect, how stupid!

He just moved from one human slave master to another. As I said the imams stand between the Islamic slave subject and Allah.

This brings me to another point...

The comparison I made about the republicans and the ruling clergy of Iran both being equally hateful towards homosexuals. As we have right wing pastor Rick Warren preaching in Rwanda to establish the death penalty toward practicing homosexuals...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-01-07/the-truth-about-rick-warren-in-africa/

Jesus himself, the messiah of both Islam and Christianity never once is recorded as healing a homosexual of being gay. In fact according to the new testament he healed the young gay lover of a roman centurion. So in fact the republicans have aligned themselves with this same old law denying the example set by Jesus as the dirty dogs and pigs that they are.

The republicans have concealed themselves in the name of this "tea party", brand which for the most part is an implied call to violence and guns, terrorism and old racism, sexism, and homophobia under the guise of civil disobedience. Civil disobedience should be reserved for moral and just causes (human rights/liberty/freedom) but for unjust causes it is merely terrorism. The first tea party saved us from imperialistic religion and the church of England. Does that sound like today’s tea part who would rather we be enslaved by their stinking rich religious right lobbies?

They claim to be akin to the founding fathers but could not be further from them. First and foremost the founding fathers, including Franklyn, spoke strongly of liberty. They threw off the rule of kings and conquistadors, from England, France, Spain AND THE CHURCH and gave the power of rule to WE THE PEOPLE and secular government as the new testament taught.

Yet what do the republicans want but tax breaks for the rich and they are the puppets of these churches who have lost sight of the principles set forward in the new testament and by our founding fathers. Even Abraham Lincoln was known to be bisexual if not actually homosexual.

Mark 11:17
And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Comment: The catholic churches think we need to pray to our priest for our priest to make intersession to God for us rather than for us to pray directly to god ourselves. Just as the imams and the Taliban demand of their brainless slave worshipers to follow them and their law rather than the law of liberty.

Philippians 4:6
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Comment: The holy books do not say we need to pray to some saint, a priest or the pope but it says to pray to God…

Did the republicans plan 9/11 with the terrorists?

Well consider that in 3BC the date of 9/11 was actually Tishri one, or, new year’s day on the Jewish calendar. In other words September eleventh is the actual day Jesus was born according to the bible.

Exodus 29:38
Now this is that which thou shalt offer upon the altar; two lambs of the first year day by day continually.

Comment: Jesus was born on the first day of the Jewish new year.

The similarities of the republican agenda and Islam are nearly identical. They want us to follow their priests/imams and not directly to follow God. They want us to submit to their big business lobbyists. They want us to follow their imams and popes sharia laws and their ten commandments and not to live by what is written in our hearts. They reject the teachings of Jesus while they profess to love him and have a special affinity towards him. Even the Quran calls Jesus the messiah.

Yet they are listening to the devil rather than the angel Gabriel or even rather God him/herself?

They cling to stone age sexists passages about women sinning first and man being made first when science clearly proves otherwise. They contort words concocted by men and blindly distort evolution and science to fit their warped myopic view of the earth and our universe.

...As if the universe is six thousand years old, how ridiculously ignorant!

Underlying all of this is pure evil. While popes expect us to call them father while they turn a blind eye to the children their disciples have maimed with sexual perversity. Then they deny two consenting adults of the same sex the bonds of matrimony. Are these the very same money lenders that Jesus rebuked as hypocrites?

I am not directing these posts to "all" republicans and "all" slaves of Islam but you know who you are. You smell of mire and vomit while you point a finger at someone for eating harmless and nourishing pork! You reason like robots because you are reciting laws rather than feeling them from your own conscience.

You deny homosexuals marriage while you shield pedophile priests and Taliban male chauvinists. You take money that was given to feed the poor and use it to persecute loving homosexuals committed to monogamy while your priest defile young children. You “conservatives” fight tooth and nail social services while you fill the chauffeurs of the filthy rich.

Mark 10:25
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

John 21:15
So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

Comment: Why did Jesus perform the miracle of the loaves and the fishes? Had he been a conservative republican today he would have hatefully told the masses to go get a damned job as the idiot republicans rant daily on the conservative forums. And where did Jesus himself go punch his time card did he not live like a dog from the scraps off the table? Would Jesus have been able to sustain his ministry and teach his message in a world ruled by republicans? And great liberal democrats like Martha of the bible who washed his feet with her hair we have to respect and admire.

You filthy republicans deny the liberty message of Jesus for your ten commandment laws of bondage, sin and death… You set people up to war against each other in the very ignorance that you foster. Rather than allowing the secular ideas of our founding fathers stand. How much did the republicans pay from donated church good will monies to have a judge try and overturn the health care law? How many den of thieves lawyers are making out like bandits while the lambs go hungry?

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Comment: The true tea partiers live by the law of liberty not the law of sin and death and they believe in secular government not the people’s will subverted by big businesses and the religious right (which is usually terribly wrong) .

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus [law of liberty] hath made me free from the law of sin and death [ten commandments laws].

Comment: Which party is in love with the ten commandments? The terrorists love the ten commandments too! They spout their commandments before they hack people's heads off. Yet Jesus the messiah of the Quran taught liberty and life. And the same lawyers fighting health-care tempted him and asked him why he did not follow the letter of the law and wash his hands before eating? The very fact that you republicans are not liberal demonstrates that you are in direct opposition to the teachings of Jesus… Jesus if he lived today would be on welfare and the republicans would be fighting to take away his health-care.

Jesus said every jot and tittle of the law needed to be fulfilled and HE fulfilled it... so we could be free… HE died so we could live. He cowered and was beat so we could stand proudly and boldly proclaim liberty. HE became sin so we could be the righteousness of God by grace.

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Comment: Does The Quran even contain a word for grace? How can we fight terrorism abroad when the terrorists are also embodied within the republican party?

Matthew 7:15
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Comment: Republicans claim to be religious but they are in opposition to the very principles set forth in the new testament. So when you vote for gay marriage you are voting with Jesus, the same man that was almost thirty and still a virgin and was crucified, like Matthew Shepherd. While conservative news and their forums are on a constant homophobic rant against homosexuals. Would they treat Jesus as if he was gay today? Would they call Jesus gay names and post them over his head? Makes me sad...

John 13:23
Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.

Comment: Would Jesus have passed the acid test of the homophobic republican religious scrutiny? The same republicans who have the most gay senator ever who was caught soliciting undercover cops in a bathroom and their senator who was emailing sex talk to under aged White house interns… gay pastors and priests who are jealous and can’t stand that fact that secular gays get to marry and they don’t… Republican church officals who one day write letters threatening schools to persecute gay teens then then next day go on trips abroad and go online and err, "rent a boy" for "special messages".

John 21:15
So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

Comment: While faith based churches take collection plate money donated to feed the poor and pour it into fat cat conservative media outlets to fight homosexuals with slogans like “gays will be teaching your kindergarten children sex education,” when who has been raping children but these very same churches that are the religious right (whether if anything they stand for is right). While they protect the unborn babies of rapists… fight against health care for the poor and underprivileged and try and cut any social services program, like WIC that feeds infants of desperate single mothers and widows….

Jesus weeps.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,789 • Replies: 9
Topic Closed
No top replies

RexRed

Thu 16 Dec, 2010 10:33 pm
The anti Christ Christians are up to their dirty deeds again. The same wolves that got Matthew Shepherd and Jesus murdered. It is not enough that they fornicate with each other with their polygamist cults and call it marriage and their priests rape kids but they need to ruin a gay person's life too.

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/12/16/5659718-steve-jobs-targeted-in-anti-gay-iphone-app-war?pc=25&sp=125#discussion_nav
The Anointed

Wed 25 Aug, 2021 03:11 am
@RexRed,
Almost eleven years and no response, and you ain't gonna get one from me either.
bulmabriefs144

Wed 25 Aug, 2021 01:17 pm
@The Anointed,
Uhhhhh you just did respond.
-------------------------------------
To answer the OP, I actually only skimmed your post (despite writing long posts myself, I still don't care to read long posts).

But it seems to be a long accusing diatribe against Republicans and Christianity. Blah blah blah, those Republican (usually Protestant) Christians are so bigoted, because they oppose Catholic Hispanics and don't welcome Muslims into their country in droves, but believe people ought to actually add some positive value to the country they enter. Why, how dare they say that all people have grace and forgiveness from God, and then refuse to invite Muslims in droves and reject Catholicism.

If not, I apologize, but I honestly didn't want to sit through Bible quote after Bible quote any more than the people reading my posts like to read through any of my links (it's obvious guys, I know).

Let's make a few points here, on the off-chance that I got the topic right (if not, well, disregard everything below the line):
=====================================
1. Part of grace means not being beholden to constant works-based moralist theology. That is, Christ died for our sins whether or not we earned it. All of us are imperfect, and all of us have fallen short. So why should I care what some self-righteous jackasses (that is the proper name of the Democratic party) tell me is my own personal failing? Sure, and I occasionally forget to recycle too. Guess what? Al Gore flies around in a jet while preaching to all of us about pollution. We are all failures and hypocrites.
2. It is possible to love a people, and still hate their culture or ideology. I watched The Breadwinner and realized that I very much liked the Afghan people. They seem to be humble, quiet, and kind with a long history of being between warring nations. I feel for them. I also loathe the Afghani Taliban, and don't want to import even one member here. The largely Catholic Hispanic people are hardworking and devout. But I neither want the drug cartel problem, nor the sex trafficking, nor the competition with normal wages from illegal workers driving native jobseekers out of business.
3. America was founded by Protestants (many of them Puritan), who left Europe because of religious oppression. It is a Christian country intended as a "city on a hill". I do not believe countries ought to give up their sovereignty to religions that already own other other countries. I would share with you what Nathan said to King David about a man who already had many sheep taking from a man who only had one but loved it dearly. This country is precious, like my own child and I won't see it taken. The Catholics already have plenty of countries. The Muslims certainly do. But only in America do many different religions live together. No, we won't be a Catholic country, and we won't be a Muslim country. We are a land where Protestants, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Amish, and Jews all live together. Likewise, Israel is the only Jewish country. The "Palestinians" (Arabs) don't get free claim to it.
------------------------------------
(Read it a bit more closely before I was again turned off by the nagging Sunday School moralism. It did seem like I got the general topic right though)

And Jesus was NOT the Messiah for Islam. He was for Judaism (they rejected him) and Christianity. Islam had not come yet, calls him a great prophet, rejects the crucifixion, and opposes most of Jesus's teachings. In fact, Galatians 1:8 says,
Quote:
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Muslims always say that Muhammad is in the Bible. Well here it is! False prophets that preach to hate your neighbor and other things against the Gospel are under a curse. Islam rejects the crucifixion, rejects the command to love your enemy, and worships a meteor known as Wormwood inside of a painted concrete block. Oh yeah, and they have Mary as part of the Trinity.

But lest we think that I am racist against Muslims (but Islam is not a race), I will also trash Catholicism, and its many false notions. The idea that the Pope has any real power, when itis God that is the Father (Pope means father) of the church and Jesus that is the High Priest. The heresy and idolatry of Mary, who only birthed Jesus, yet the Catholics call Mother of God, and that she can be prayed to in order to intercede for sins. The idea that we can somehow earn forgiveness, when the Bible teaches grace, that we are forgiven regardless. All of these are false and un-Christian teachings. Same with the Saints being like idols, that also can be prayed to.
The Anointed

Wed 25 Aug, 2021 03:53 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
To answer the OP, I actually only skimmed your post (despite writing long posts myself, I still don't care to read long posts).

My post in this thread was only 15 words, and you only skimmed through it, and you consider that to be long, do you?

BTW: We don’t have Democrats or Republicans down under, we have Liberals and Labour, and American politics don’t rally interest me, unless they interfere in Australia’s internal affairs.

I realise that even though you are prone to writing long posts, your attention span is too short to read anything over a dozen words, and perhaps that accounts for the fact that you don’t understand what others are trying to reveal to you.

I got your message that you loathe the Afghani Taliban, but like some of the Afghans, at least those that you judge to be good and humble people, and that you also like the Catholic Hispanic people, who you judge to be hardworking and devout, but want nothing to do with those Hispanics who are associated with the drug cartel problem, nor the sex trafficking, nor the competition with normal wages from illegal workers driving native jobseekers out of business, which I believe is seen by the majority of Americans as all the illegal immigrants, and from what I’ve read, you would not enrol your child into a strict Catholic school, where it would be indoctrinated into the false teachings of that religion, nor into any Islamic school.

For your sake, I will try to keep this post as short as possible, but before closing, I would like to know from where you got the strange idea that “Jesus canonically raised not only himself but emptied the nearby gravesites?
bulmabriefs144

Wed 25 Aug, 2021 11:21 pm
@The Anointed,
You didn't understand the
-------------------------------------
things did you?

They're breaks.

Quote:

@The Anointed,
Uhhhhh you just did respond.

Then a break. Everything past this is to respond to the OP (original poster, which is RexRed). As I said, if you had read more carefully.

We do not need to argue about everything.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Wed 25 Aug, 2021 11:36 pm
@The Anointed,
To respond to that last bit, can you perhaps tell me what religious denomination you are?

Because I've noticed you do quote some from the New Testament, but seem to be weirdly ignorant of the entire Gospel. Of skeptical of anything resembling a miracle.

The death and resurrection of Jesus in Matthew.
Quote:

45 Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land until the ninth hour. 46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” that is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” 47 And some of the bystanders, hearing it, said, “This man is calling Elijah.” 48 And one of them at once ran and took a sponge, filled it with sour wine, and put it on a reed and gave it to him to drink. 49 But the others said, “Wait, let us see whether Elijah will come to save him.” 50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and yielded up his spirit.
51 And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split. 52 The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, 53 and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many. 54 When the centurion and those who were with him, keeping watch over Jesus, saw the earthquake and what took place, they were filled with awe and said, “Truly this was the Son of God!”
55 There were also many women there, looking on from a distance, who had followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering to him, 56 among whom were Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of James and Joseph and the mother of the sons of Zebedee.
57 When it was evening, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who also was a disciple of Jesus. 58 He went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Then Pilate ordered it to be given to him. 59 And Joseph took the body and wrapped it in a clean linen shroud 60 and laid it in his own new tomb, which he had cut in the rock. And he rolled a great stone to the entrance of the tomb and went away. 61 Mary Magdalene and the other Mary were there, sitting opposite the tomb.
62 The next day, that is, after the day of Preparation, the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered before Pilate 63 and said, “Sir, we remember how that impostor said, while he was still alive, ‘After three days I will rise.’ 64 Therefore order the tomb to be made secure until the third day, lest his disciples go and steal him away and tell the people, ‘He has risen from the dead,’ and the last fraud will be worse than the first.” 65 Pilate said to them, “You have a guard of soldiers. Go, make it as secure as you can.” 66 So they went and made the tomb secure by sealing the stone and setting a guard.
28 Now after the Sabbath, toward the dawn of the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb. 2 And behold, there was a great earthquake, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothing white as snow. 4 And for fear of him the guards trembled and became like dead men. 5 But the angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. 6 He is not here, for he has risen, as he said. Come, see the place where he lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples that he has risen from the dead, and behold, he is going before you to Galilee; there you will see him. See, I have told you.” 8 So they departed quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to tell his disciples. 9 And behold, Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!” And they came up and took hold of his feet and worshiped him. 10 Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid; go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee, and there they will see me.”
11 While they were going, behold, some of the guard went into the city and told the chief priests all that had taken place. 12 And when they had assembled with the elders and taken counsel, they gave a sufficient sum of money to the soldiers 13 and said, “Tell people, ‘His disciples came by night and stole him away while we were asleep.’ 14 And if this comes to the governor's ears, we will satisfy him and keep you out of trouble.” 15 So they took the money and did as they were directed. And this story has been spread among the Jews to this day.

I bolded parts about the resurrection of Jesus, but of particular note are two events. The emptying out of the graves of the saints, and the tearing of the temple veil.
The Anointed

Wed 25 Aug, 2021 11:48 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Whose words were these; "Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up"?
bulmabriefs144

Thu 26 Aug, 2021 07:28 am
@The Anointed,
That would be Jesus. He was referring to his own self, as the text itself says in many cases.

That Temple was not to be repaired. It would in fact fall in 70 AD, after a series of strange miracles. In Yoma 39 of the Talmud, supposedly (I have been unable to verify this as the Talmud is a very muddy read, even online, and some versions of the Talmud try to suppress all mention that Jesus existed while others call him YESHU (a Jewish acrostic, using similar to his name) and say that he is burning in feces) there about four events.
https://thegodofisrael.wordpress.com/2016/12/09/jesus-in-the-talmud-part-1-hostile-witnesses/
1. The lot they cast always came to "scapegoat"
2. The sacrificial wool what supposed to wash white with atonement stayed red.
3. Lamps that were supposed to burn the night ran out of oil and snuffed out.
4. The Temple gates swung open in the middle of the night.

I'm sure you can figure this out but just in case you can't let's explain all five temple events together starting with 0, the temple veil.
https://www.compellingtruth.org/temple-veil-torn.html
0. The temple veil is a 30 cubit high veil (45 ft) in a 40 cubit temple, and was torn at the top, indicating the destruction can from God not man. But what was the veil? Well, it indicates the sin that keeps us from personally encountering God. Jesus says that he is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. People misunderstand this to mean "join the Jesus fanclub, get saved." I'm not so sure. Jesus is the Way, because with his own death he provided a path for all of us to meet God. He is the Life, in that none of us need to fear death from brutal types like Nazis or whatever (I showed the Jewish/Roman suppression of this, this is why they did so, because all in power want to keep us in fear), and he is the Truth because amount of lies can pave over the fact that God loves us enough to be with us always, even to eternal life.

The tearing of the Temple is God offering a gift of a personal relationship. And the other four are the Jews repeatedly refusing this, and trying to do business as usual.

1. The lot was for Yom Kippur. Either a white stone got chosen, and a sacrifice would be given to the Lord, or the "scapegoat" as and the goat would instead be set free to the wilderness ( hence the meaning of the term, the goat was allowed to go free). The odds against comtinually drawing this stone are enormous. As we know, a scapegoat is something you punish for your own sins, and God was saying "you no longer get to take it out on this goat." This is also because Jesus died for those sins, and they refused him.
2. Which brings us to this. There are two goats, the sacrifice goat and the scapegoat. The scapegoat had a bit of red cloth cloth tied to it, which was supposed to turn white after the sacrifice. But it kinda didn't cuz the lot kept being scapegoat. Isaiah 1:18 says "though your sins be as scarlet, I will wash them white as snow." Only, that wasn't happening.
3. This flame was supposed to be perpetual since its dedication of the temple, they were supposed to keep it constantly stocked with oil so that it would never snuff (sounds expensive as hell). Sorry no, I got that wrong. The same amount of oil was miraculously to last the entire time since it had been dedicated, and was used to light the other menorahs. This in effect was God providing, and residing in the Temple. But now, "the light had gone out" and the Temple ran out of oil every night. I expect they bought extra to compensate but ir was probably never enough. God wasn't interested in the Temple any more, not if the Jews insisted on their old ways.
4. The Temple gates are prophesied against in Zechariah 11:1, that the Temple will fall as the gates open. Not only that, it's an eerie effect, almost like the spirit of God has left, and now the place is haunted. Btw, these gates were huge and built to protect the Temple from its enemies, sturdy enough that they required 20 men to open.
5. Interestingly, we begin and end with the fall of something in the Temple. You see there's another thing that fell about that time. There was a huge stone lintel that fell weighing 30 tons and being about 30 feet. Because of this, the Sanhedrin could no longer meet inside the Temple to judge capital offenses. In other words, they wete now only a legal arm, not a legal religious authority, and could not stand inside the Temple to make pronouncements against people. The last person they judged? Guess.

This is not to say that God now hates Jews. But there is a New Testament (covenant), and it is for all people who want it. Jews, Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, atheists, all are welcome at the table Jesus prepares. But some of them will cut themselves off. "But they all began to make excuses..."
The Anointed

Fri 27 Aug, 2021 05:13 am
@bulmabriefs144,
The question was, 'Whose words are these?' "Destroy this Temple and in three days I will raise it up."

bulmabriefs144 responds:
Quote:
That would be Jesus. He was referring to his own self, as the text itself says in many cases.

Deuteronomy 18:18-19; YHVH, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, says to Moses; "I will send them a prophet like you from among their own people; I will put MY WORDS in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command, and whosoever will not heed MY WORDS, which he shall speak in MY NAME, I will punish, etc.

Peter confirms that Jesus was that man, when, concerning the man Jesus, he says in. Acts 3: 22; For Moses said; "The Lord your God will send you a prophet, just as he sent me, and he will be one of your own people, etc."

Did the people of his day believe that he was the Lord, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The God of our ancestors? No, they did not, for on the day of his triumphant entry into Jerusalem, the people escorting him cried out, "BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD" Verifying that they believed Jesus to be the one that God had promised Moses that he would choose from among the Israelites, and send to the people to speak in his name.

Jesus spoke not one word on his own authority, but only that which he was commanded to say by the Lord God our savior.

John 5: 24; "Whoever hears my words, (Which were the Words of YHVH/Who I Am, that he commanded the man that he had chosen from among the people, to speak in his name) and believes in “HIM” who sent me, has eternal life.

According to scripture, who must we believe to inherit everlasting Life, Jesus, or He who sent him to speak in his name.

Act 17: 31; For he (The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.) has fixed a day in which he will judge the whole world with justice by means of a MAN he has CHOSEN. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that MAN from death.

Isaiah 42: 1; The Lord says, "Here is my servant, whom I strengthen---the one I have CHOSEN, with whom I am pleased. I have filled him with my spirit (Which descended upon him in the form of a dove, as the heavenly voice was heard to say, "You are my beloved in whom I am pleased, TODAY I have become your Father.) and he will bring justice to every nation.

Whose words were these in reference to the body of Jesus, the temple of the Lord, which had been filled by the spirit of the Lord, who had descended upon him in the form of a dove? “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up?”

They were the words that Jesus was commanded to say by “Who I Am,” who raised the body of Jesus, the earthly temple, which had been filled with his spirit.

Acts 5: 30; The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you slew and hanged on a tree.

Acts 13: 30; But God raised him from the dead: and he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee, etc.

1st Corinthians 6: 14; And God has both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

2nd Corinthians 1: 9; But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead.

2nd Corinthians 4: 14; knowing that he who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into his presence.

Acts 17: 31; For He (The Lord God our saviour) has fixed a day in which he shall judge the whole world with justice by means of a MAN he has CHOSEN. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that MAN from death.

It was the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, [WHO I AM] who said through the mouth his obedient servant Jesus, who spoke in ‘HIS NAME;’ “Destroy this Temple and in three days I will raise it up.”

If you would like to defend your false belief, "That it was Jesus, who was referring to his own self, as the text itself (AS YOU SEEM TO BELIEVE) says in many cases." please reveal, even one verse in scripture, where it is said that Jesus, himself who was the earthly Temple of our Lord God and saviour, raised himself from death.

Night, night sunshine.
0 Replies