Fed judge rules health insurance reform unconstitutional

kuvasz

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2010 11:01 pm
@roger,
He is refering to waterboy's 12/15 12:01pm remark replying to one of Frank's posts.

Quote:
PrezBO is failing on his own accord - he and his left wing nuts are failures just like you.

Projection?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2010 11:02 pm
@IRFRANK,
Quote:
I see little chance of that happening. Self interest and the next election have become the only priority.

Just about every place one looks today one sees that the incentives are all wrong....this is how we know that our civilization is irretrievably broken and thus will be replaced.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2010 11:46 pm
@IRFRANK,
Quote:
Throughout the discussion, I notice you never specify liability insurance and just use the word 'insurance'.
Do you feel this strengthens your arguement?
IRFRANK wrote:
Interesting distinction. I suppose you are referring to insurance against their harming others?
No, I didn't think such a detail was necessary.

Do we force gun owners to buy liability insurance in case their weapons hurt others? Hmmm.....
We do NOT.

IRFRANK wrote:
Of course the difference here is that driving, or gun ownership,
is voluntary, whereas getting sick or injured is not.
The absence of a gun when u need one
can get u KILLED. That has happened too ofen.
Going around unarmed is irresponsible.

David
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 12:53 am
@kuvasz,
OIC. I must have made a faulty inference based on a comment that referenced a post of mine.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 03:34 am
@kuvasz,
Glad to see you're following as I'm hoping that Roger and I will eventually get Frank to answer where exactly he gets his ideas on Republican beliefs.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 04:39 am
@IRFRANK,
It's not that complicated.

If we can force all Americans to buy health insurance then we can certainly force all Americans to buy a Chevy Volt and a hand gun.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 04:41 am
@kuvasz,
Reality?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 05:02 am
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

The right only want's to make it fail to make Obama look bad.

You must be kidding... are you 12?
parados

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 07:18 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

parados wrote:

Conservatives argue that the Courts should give deference to the legislature when it comes to laws. But that is quickly forgotten when they don't like the law. And the other side does the same thing. As Joe said, it's all about whose ox is getting gored.

We do?

It was the central argument in Bush v Gore.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 07:22 am
@H2O MAN,
There is a difference squirt.

If you promise to NEVER use the health care system then we can exempt you from buying insurance. But since you will be using the health care system, then insurance can be mandated. Chevy Volts and hand guns are not used by many people in their lives but I doubt you can find one person that has never used health care. Health care starts at birth for anyone these days. What baby isn't handed to the mother by a health care professional of one sort or another?
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 07:45 am
@parados,
Insurance can NOT be mandated.
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 07:52 am
In Virginia, by the way, when we renew our vehicle registration every year we have to provide proof of liability insurance. If I don't have it, I have to pay a fee into a fund to compensate people I may injure if I am in an accident which is my fault.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 07:58 am
We are talking about health insurance, Obamacare in particular, yes?
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 08:11 am
@H2O MAN,
Judge Hudson, in his ruling last week in Virginia, focused on the notion of a health insurance mandate. Can people be required to buy something? The two earlier cases were much more broad.
Arguments in the Florida case begin today, I believe.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 08:15 am
@kuvasz,
Hehehehehehehehehe . . .
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 08:38 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Insurance can NOT be mandated.

You can be forced to pay a fine if you don't have it.
Try driving without it.
Try running a business without it.
Try hiring employees without it.

You can be refused a product if you don't have it.
Try getting a mortgage without insurance.

Insurance is mandated all the time. If you don't have insurance squirt then you are probably breaking the law.

In all instances listed above, if you don't have insurance then you can't do something. So... are you willing to NEVER use the health care system?
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 08:49 am
@parados,
Parasite, not everyone drives, not everyone runs a business and nobody can be forced to purchase health insurance.

Parasite, are you forced to buy auto insurance if you don't own a vehicle?
Do people own cars and drive on the public roadways without auto insurance?

Parasite, are you forced to buy homeowners or mortgage insurance if you don't own a home?
Are there any homeowners that don't have homeowners and/or mortgage insurance?

Parasite, are you forced to buy business insurance if you don't own a business?
Are there business owners doing business without business insurance?

Parasite, right or wrong Americans have a god given right to make there own choice.
You can not force Americans to buy health insurance - it's unconstitutional!!!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 08:59 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
Conservatives argue that the Courts should give deference to the legislature when it comes to laws.
Nonsense. I 'm a conservative. I voted for Goldwater and for Reagan. I 've never argued THAT.

I argue that courts shoud give deference
to the rights of the INDIVIDUAL, not a legislature.

David
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 09:16 am
@H2O MAN,
Fine, let them make their choice of not buying insurance, but then don't use the health care system either, the way it is for auto insurance. You can't drive a car unless you have some kind of insurance regardless of ability to pay, then you can't use the health system unless you have insurance regardless of ability to pay.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 09:22 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:
Fine, let them make their choice of not buying insurance, but then don't use the health care system either, the way it is for auto insurance. You can't drive a car unless you have some kind of insurance regardless of ability to pay, then you can't use the health system unless you have insurance regardless of ability to pay.
SOME states have that, NOT ALL states.
0 Replies