Holy crap!! This is insane. How could Bush be this crazy!!

au1929

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 11:44 am
Well, I guess that is unanimous everyone has voiced their dislike of Bush. Can anyone tell me why at this moment is he a shoo in to win a second term. Could it be that the sentiments generally expressed on a2k are not in concert with those of a majority of the American public?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 11:48 am
au1929 wrote:
Well, I guess that is unanimous everyone has voiced their dislike of Bush. Can anyone tell me why at this moment is he a shoo in to win a second term. Could it be that the sentiments generally expressed on a2k are not in concert with those of a majority of the American public?

Ding. Sad
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 12:06 pm
au1929 wrote:

I probably would have worded that last sentence "Could it be that the sentiments generally expressed on a2k are more intelligent and perceptive than the those of the majority of the American public ?"...

...but aside from that minor difference, you seem to have captured the spirit of things, Au.
0 Replies

gravy

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 12:25 pm
Attributes in Mr. Bush that I would consider positive:
loyalty
faithfulness
ambition
persistence
confidence

What I dislike:
Loyalty to the wrong cause (the $) in the guise of the right cause (the people) depletes integrity.

Faithfulness without empathy breeds dogmatism.

Ambition without wisdom is worse than complacency.

Persistence + power - ability to learn from mistakes makes for a bad leader

Confidence - humility leads to arrogance.

Majority of the american public do not vote. Those who do, unfortunately are not engaged in politics beyond a superficial "bumper-sticker" level, which allows people like Mr. Bush to thrive based on a veneer of positive attributes.
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 12:50 pm
There was a time when I thought that this country would be a better place if everyone voted.

Now, I'm starting to believe that this country would be a better place if only people who keep up with the news voted.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 01:26 pm
au1929 wrote:

I just heard (no kidding) Pat Buchanan say that (MSNBC) Dean's followers all happen to be the best educated people in the US which indicates 2 things (1) the members of a2k represented on this poll are extremely well educated (2) the more education one has the less likely one is to support Bush. Weird huh?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 01:32 pm
I have loads of education, I bet there are others on A2K that are also well educated that have NO intention of voting for Dean.

Besides, Pat Buchanan is an idiot. Razz
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 01:33 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 01:38 pm
Pat didn't say what they were educated in, it could have been a slam. :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 01:39 pm
My lack of education hasn't hurt me none..........etc.etc.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 01:50 pm
Holy schidt!

Dys quoting Pat Buchanan to help make a point...and McG calling Buchanan an idiot!

This is one very screwed up world at times.

But great for a laugh!
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 02:59 pm
LOL I agree Frank,
But it just goes to show you that the more you think you know about people, the less you actually know Shocked Very Happy
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 03:59 pm
That is one thing that is abundant on a political forum. It is all too quickly presumed that if you lean to the right, you must think this, this, and this. Conversely, if you lean to the left, you must think this, this and this.

It's more likely no one here fits all of the stereotyped nuances of their political leanings.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 04:01 pm
I lean forward after a few beers...what does that mean? Very Happy
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 04:02 pm
The world is suffering from a disease known as George W Bush. The sooner this bacteria is destroyed, a better place the world will be.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 04:04 pm
That isn't a political leaning, that is the lean of snockeredness.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 04:13 pm
Brand X wrote:
It's more likely no one here fits all of the stereotyped nuances of their political leanings.

Yep!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 04:15 pm
I don't lean politically--i tend to fall over, and then get ill-tempered.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 04:18 pm
Yeah, it's that moment that your head hits the ground that you wonder why you think about politics at all.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 04:21 pm
Wilso wrote:
The world is suffering from a disease known as George W Bush. The sooner this bacteria is destroyed, a better place the world will be.

Virus, Wilso, virus. Not bacteria.
0 Replies