I KNOW God does not exist

BillRM

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 12:05 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Bill I am not going to even look at your filthy mouth that you swore up and down you don't have.

LOL...the word **** is too must for such a young lady?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 12:07 pm
@reasoning logic,
According to scripture we do have a relationship with God. One in particular says the closer you draw to God the closer He draws to you. There are many. But, let me ask you this? How can you have a relationship with someone you don't even believe exists? I don't know for sure that you don't believe God exists at all so if I am wrong in that please forgive me.
Miller

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 12:15 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

How can you believe in something that you do not know exists?

It's called faith.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 12:19 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
You do realize that the religious community have their own science don't you?

Sorry they had Pseudosciences not science and the fact that they feel the need to make up a false science such as creationism is telling indeed.

They on the one hand tend to claimed that faith is all they need however that does not stop them from trying to get some respect for their beliefs by falsely claiming some scientific backing to those beliefs.

----------------------------------------------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscience

PseudoscienceFrom Wikipedia

Pseudoscience is a claim, belief, or practice which is presented as scientific, but which does not adhere to a valid scientific method, lacks supporting evidence or plausibility, cannot be reliably tested, or otherwise lacks scientific status.[1] Pseudoscience is often characterized by the use of vague, exaggerated or unprovable claims, an over-reliance on confirmation rather than rigorous attempts at refutation, a lack of openness to evaluation by other experts, and a general absence of systematic processes to rationally develop theories.

A field, practice, or body of knowledge can reasonably be called pseudoscientific when it is presented as consistent with the norms of scientific research; but it demonstrably fails to meet these norms.[2] Science is also distinguishable from revelation, theology, or spirituality in that it offers insight into the physical world obtained by empirical research and testing.

Quote:
PseudoscienceFrom Wikipedia
Wikipedia is a good example of "pseudoknowledge"...
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 12:21 pm
@Miller,
Considering anyone can post anything on wikipedia, I completely agree.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 12:24 pm
@Arella Mae,
I did try at one time to believe in God but for some reason I was not able to make myself believe! I have wondered if it is possible that the term "make believe" means what it says. Do you have to make yourself believe?
BillRM

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 12:26 pm
@wayne,
Quote:
someone such as Nicky Cruz?

I do not know the man personally but a good guess would be he saw that having people hand you tax free money is a better life and a longer life then leading a gang.

That along with likely government grants to do social work.

The government could begin a prison bible college and staff it from just the Christian evangelist ministers that press their luck too far and ended up behind bars.

A third rate 1950s science fiction author went one better and became a millionaire by creating a whole cult/religion. When the IRS got on his tail he have members getting jobs with them in order to do counter intelligent.
BillRM

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 12:34 pm
@Miller,
Quote:
Wikipedia is a good example of "pseudoknowledge"...

Not from some of the peer reviews studies I had read that placed it overall accurately very high indeed and comparable to such sources as the Encyclopedia Britannica.

0 Replies

wayne

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 12:41 pm
@BillRM,
So, you don't require any evidence for your beliefs after all.
BillRM

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 12:42 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:

Once more AM you do not know what you are talking about and your feelings are wrong.

Sorry but there is a whole and large community that corrects misinformation written in articles and also who demand that the information posted have detail references.

All in all the model work remarkably well as any numbers of academics studies and peer review studies back up
BillRM

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 12:44 pm
@wayne,
Quote:
So, you don't require any evidence for your beliefs after all.

?
wayne

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 12:51 pm
@BillRM,
You just make what you consider a good guess and go with that.
BillRM

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 12:58 pm
@wayne,
Quote:
You just make what you consider a good guess and go with that.

I made a high likelihood guess in my opinion and clearly label it as a guess as I do not know this one man.

Life is too short to spend a year or so doing deep research into one man life to reply to a casual question/challenge on a discussion board.

Now if you wish to add information that would made my guess concerning this one man less likely to be true I will cheerfully read it.

In any case the whole issue is a minor side issue to whether there is a god or not as showing or not showing that a belief system had benefit one man is not proof that such a system is true or not.

wayne

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 01:05 pm
@BillRM,
So, according to Bill, those who believe in god are either simply following childhood indoctrination, or they're in it for the money.
All on the basis of some high likelihood, determined by Bill.
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 01:08 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

Once more AM you do not know what you are talking about and your feelings are wrong.

Sorry but there is a whole and large community that corrects misinformation written in articles and also who demand that the information posted have detail references.

All in all the model work remarkably well as any numbers of academics studies and peer review studies back up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

It states right at the top of the page:

Welcome to Wikipedia,
the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.
3,685,685 articles in English
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 01:09 pm
@reasoning logic,
No, I did not make myself believe nor do I continue to make myself believe. And I know people hate this and I am sorry about that but "I just do."
BillRM

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 01:09 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Considering anyone can post anything on wikipedia, I completely agree

Footnote AM why do you not create an account on wikipedia and post the kind of nonsense you love to post on this discussion board and see how many minutes it remain on wikipedia?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 01:18 pm
@wayne,
Quote:
So, according to Bill, those who believe in god are either simply following childhood indoctrination, or they're in it for the money.
All on the basis of some high likelihood, determined by Bill.

Would you care for me to post names of proven religion con-men as such people are not uncommon and that was my guess for this gentleman and it was label a guess.

Now where did I post numbers or ratios of con men to true believers in the religion leadership? Or numbers of those who are just following their parents faiths.

I could likely get the numbers for people who had just assume their parents faith instead of doing research and picking some other faith if you wish me to.

We however both know that the vast majority of people keep the faith they was raised in.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 01:21 pm
@Arella Mae,
I did not think that you made yourself believe I was just pointing out that no matter how hard I tried I was not able to make myself believe.
Do you think that it could be our environment?

Do you think that you would see God differently if you were born into a different environment?

Is it possible that you could believe in a completely different God and have a somewhat different value system if you were born in a different country?
BillRM

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 01:23 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Welcome to Wikipedia,
the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.
3,685,685 articles in English

Go right ahead and create an account and edit some article anywhere on the system with misinformation and see how long it last.

As a new person to the system you will have a zero trust level and any edit of your will be flag for a fast review.

The system is self correcting and work remarkably well as a result.
0 Replies