Anyone bought a vacuum cleaner lately?

JPB

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 03:26 pm
@joefromchicago,
Hahahahaha! Guess what you're getting for your birthday?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:SxgVG2mKYJVWHM:http://www.pet-dog-cat-supply-store.com/shop/shop_image/product/53ee177f9adbcaeed05e4131bbcefd57.jpg&t=1
JPB

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 03:30 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks for the feedbag on bagless. That's pretty much what my neighbor said.

There's a Miele dealer about 15 miles from here. Certainly worth the trip over to check them out.
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 04:45 pm
@JPB,
Do you know how much cat hair has been accumulating on my furniture for the past four years while I've been waiting for that?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 05:01 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Thanks for the feedbag on bagless.

http://tweedledum.com/rwg/feedbag.jpg

Om nom nom Very Happy

(Reading along with interest, need a decent vacuum BADLY.)
JPB

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 07:38 pm
@sozobe,
HA! I would have noticed that eventually.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 06:01 am
@JPB,
Twenty plus years ago I bought a Meile & it's still going strong. (With services & small glitch repairs along the way.)
Not as up-to-date as today's wizz bang models, of course, but it does the job required of it perfectly well.
If I was going to buy a new vacuum cleaner, I'd go for a smaller, lighter Meile, if such a beast is available.
In the meantime, it's showing no signs of imminent death.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 07:14 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

I always had cheap vacuums. A few years back, I bought a Miele. It is the first vacuum that is worth the money.

I also bought one online from a vary nice company in Chicago. Very good cleaner, but you have to put in about 3 different clean filters to keep it running properly. When ordering the replacement charcoal or HEPA filters, you have to be sure to get the right ones.

This vacuum is light weight, relative to several other models I've had experience with.

Upkeep is not cheap, as bags and filters do add up in cost . The bags aren't cheap and they're also pretty small. So if you have a lot of dirt, you might need a model with a larger bag capacity.

The vaccum itself wasn't cheap, but at the time I bought it , it had a very good rating with Consumer Reports magazine.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 07:16 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

Mine had to have been purchased before 2002 and its retail price then was probably $450.

I bought mine about 1 year ago at a price of about $850.
0 Replies