Who is the creepiest bad guy in the movies?

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 05:59 pm
Some movie villians are scary but they're way too over the top so they aren't really creepy.

I saw a bit of a movie the other day called "Intensity" and that guy was creepy. He'd sniff things and make these little satisfied noises in the back of his throat. He'd tell people awful things just to freak them out. Otherwise, he seemed pretty normal and that's what made him so creepy, creepy to me, anyway.

Because I didn't get to see much of the movie I looked it up today and it sounds like he was even creepier than what I saw.

<brrrr>

Who do you think is the creepiest (not scariest) bad guy in the movies? What makes him (or her) so creepy?

rosborne979

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 06:05 pm
@boomerang,
The only one that ever really gave me the creeps (although it was pretty scary as well) was the original Terminator.

From the film: "Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 06:07 pm
@boomerang,
The veterinarian/surgeon named Dr. Heiter in the revolting horror film The Human Centipede (2009).

Not only is his career goals and his hobbies are insane, it's his demeanor as he carries it out. Quite antisocial indeed!

Beyond his sick and revolting fetish, his mannerisms, his facial expressions, his inability to read other's emotions make him ubercreepy.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 07:35 pm
Ohhhh. The Terminator. Good choice!

I haven't had the nerve to watch The Human Centipede. I'm not sure I could make it through. I wasn't sure I could make it through that preview!
kuvasz

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 08:16 pm
@boomerang,
Richard Widmark's first movie role, as Tommy Udo in Kiss of Death.

Anyone ever confined to a wheelchair who has seen it has nightmares about Udo.

0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 08:17 pm
Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter - cause he eats people.........

sozobe

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 08:29 pm
@boomerang,
Keyser Soze (no relation).
farmerman

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 08:42 pm
@sozobe,
ANTON CHIGURH, played by Javier Bardem in "No Country for Old Men"

He went around whackin everybody with an air pwered cattle stun gun
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 09:02 pm
@boomerang,
I can't recommend the movie in the first place. However the lead actor who plays the doctor does it too convincingly.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 09:04 pm
@farmerman,
I'm not sure why you got all that voting down flack farmerman... perhaps some people didn't like the possible spoiler? That doesn' seem right as it's obviously the Anton character is the nemesis of the film.

I appreciate your choice of creepy characters. Smile
Swimpy

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 09:14 pm
@boomerang,
Rutger Hauer in The Hitcher

farmerman

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 11:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
I creeped me out so bad that I voted meself down I think. Maybe not, what are you talking about?

HOWBOUT MING the MERCILESS!!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 12:14 am
Anthony Perkins in Psycho.
<shudder, shudder, shudder>
Major creepy!

Eorl

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 03:50 am
@msolga,
Whoever played his mother was even creepier!

I think the creepiest ever was also from Silence of the Lambs. Not Hanibal though, I kinda like him. It was the other guy Jamie Gumm was it? "it puts the lotion in the bucket"
Eorl

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 03:54 am
@Eorl,
Oh wait.
What about the Baron Harkonnen in Dune?
(or Sting in Dune even)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 04:07 am
Wow . . . all you guys are creepin' me out . . . and everybody in Dune was creepy . . .
Eorl

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 04:15 am
@Setanta,
True. Maybe that's why I'm the only person on the planet that likes it. Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 04:18 am
I enjoyed Herbert's first three books, but after that it got out of hand. The problem with all of that is that you could have made three movies just out of the first book. That voice-over narrative thing just didn't work. As a science fiction novel, it was great. As a movie, it was doomed to commercial failure.
Eorl

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 05:34 am
@Setanta,
Oh I know it's deeply flawed, even by director Alan Smithee's standards, but I love it still. Yeah I read all the books, but I tend to do that (completist?) the last book was the second best of all, so worth it in the end. (quick howl for lack of Noddy input here)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 07:05 am
@Swimpy,
Oh yeah.
0 Replies