Who is the creepiest bad guy in the movies?

raprap

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 07:12 am
Since your including a discussion of 'Dune' I think other David Lynch movies are worth their creep. As a minimum there's Dennis Hopper as Frank in 'Blue Velvet' or Willam Defoe as Bobby Peru in 'Wild at Heart.'
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 07:22 am
I had forgotten about Blue Velvet . . . yeah, Hopper was seriously creepy in that . . .
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 07:24 am
@boomerang,
Probably that Col. Latta in Tarantino's recent WW-II what-if movie.
raprap

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 08:01 am
@gungasnake,
I always though Tarantino's creep factor has been toned down since
'Reservoir Dogs.' To me one of the creepiest movie scenes ever is Michael Madsen as Mr. Blonde in the torture scene. Still makes my skin crawl when the phrase "Can you hear me?" is used.
gungasnake

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 08:26 am
@raprap,
Of all Tarantino's movies, Reservoir Dogs is the one which I can easily picture happening, all he's talking about is two or three of Mr. Murphy's laws kicking in during a normal day at the office for a bunch of gangsters.

In fact if I were a highschool principal I'd insist on the kids seeing that one in the ninth grade with the instructions:

Quote:

"Children, this is the basic reason why you should not have any thoughts about being or wanting to grow up to be any sort of a gangster. This is what a a bad day at the office for gangsters looks like. I mean, a computer programmer, or a teacher, a plumber, a blacksmith, a bank cashier or ice-cream man or just about anybody else can have a bad day at the office and then come home, pet the cat, have one or two drinks if they need it, and be pretty much together again by 7:00 PM...

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 08:32 am
@raprap,
Quote:
I always though Tarantino's creep factor has been toned down since
'Reservoir Dogs.'

Reservoir Dogs doesn't have anything over that scene at the beginning of Inglorious Bastards featuring Col. Latta, Latta is as serious a villain as you'd ever see or want.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 08:48 am
Boris Badenov
http://content.artofmanliness.com/uploads//2010/10/boris.jpg
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 09:20 am
Patrick Bateman, American Psycho
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 09:44 am
@gungasnake,
The problem with 'Inglorious Bastards' is that it is, in effect, a cartoon. 'Reservoir Dogs' doesn't carry that stigma. To me cartoons aren't as creepy as reality. That is why I don't consider 'Kill Bill' as high on the creep factor as 'Jackie Brown."

The same goes for Micky and Mallorie in 'Natural Born Killers' as Tom Berringer in 'Platoon.'
gungasnake

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 09:48 am
@raprap,
That's what I said more or less about wanting kids to see it. Really hard trying to picture somebody watching that and still wanting to consider any sort of a life of crime...
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 09:50 am
@dyslexia,
Spy vs Spy
http://www.the-peoples-forum.com/images/spy-vs-spy.jpg

0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 09:52 am
Heath Ledger's take on the Joker was pretty good.

http://www.pantylinepress.com/plpblog/plpblogimages/heath-ledger-joker.jpg
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 10:49 am
Daniel Day-Lewis in There Will Be Blood creeped me out.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 10:52 am
As a child, this guy scared the popcorn out of me. Looking back I realize it was partly because I had heard stories from a Holocaust survivor in my family who described being hidden in a basement for two years until being found and taken away in such a paddy wagon...

Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang: The Child Catcher

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/01/16/article-1120002-0042E63200000258-281_470x368.jpg
boomerang

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 11:08 am
This is an excellent list of creeps!

I have to confess that I haven't seen very many of these movies but I know I'll be adding some to my "see someday" list. I like movies where the scares are more psychological than physical.

Denzel Washington's character in "Training Day" was creepy!

The clip of "The Hitcher" that Swimpy posted had very much the same feel as the creep in the movie bit I saw the other day. I guess it's about someone having all the power in the situation that really creeps me out. Which brings us to the villians in "Funny Games".....

.... who were really more sickening than creepy, but still they were very, very creepy.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 11:30 am
@BillW,
And he is so civil about it. That is the creepy part - just eating people isn't creepy enough.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 11:34 am
@Green Witch,
I still get nightmares about the child catcher. Funny thing is years ago at work we had a Temp working in another group that resembled very closely the child catcher.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 11:39 am
I thought Jeremy Irons was pretty creepy in "Reversal of Fortune".

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 12:08 pm
James Mason as Richard Straker in Salem's Lot

The Creeper in the first half of Jeepers Creepers (The movie lurched from nightmarish to laughable midway through)

Anyone possessed by Azazel in the movie The Fallen
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 01:05 pm
You know, Johnny Depp can be creepy in about anything - but it isn't a horror creepy. Especially as Willy Wonka!
0 Replies