Appropriate innuendo and crass sexual content?

husker

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 09:35 am
We have some really good discussion going!
Thank You!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 09:35 am
I tend to agree with much of what jespah expressed.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 10:07 am
Check it out, I have more posts than Jespah, and still sometimes feel like a bit of an outsider, as I didn't spend too much time on Abuzz, and don't visit there anymore. It's all good to me though. I'm quite happy here. I agree with soz, a warm welcome to the newbies is a very good thing, but beyond that, they are on their own, barring things like site navigation questions, and questions regarding the way we debate. I figure, if a newbie feels put upon, they are free to ask why, and they deserve an honest answer. However, clear hostility does not warrant a response, even though at times, it's tempting. Laughing
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 10:23 am
I have no problem here -- and I have no problem at Abuzz.

I tend to be a might confrontational at times and manage to rankle damn near everyone -- so I never manage to get into any cliques.

But I do like to exchange pleasantries with people from time to time. I think that is both civilized and reasonable.

Newbies probably understand this more than some might suspect.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 02:06 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
I have no problem here -- and I have no problem at Abuzz.

I tend to be a might confrontational at times and manage to rankle damn near everyone -- so I never manage to get into any cliques.

But I do like to exchange pleasantries with people from time to time. I think that is both civilized and reasonable.

Frank
Do you think they(a newbie) know you are going to rankle the hell out of them? Damn you're an friend to A2K for sure! Sorry to say this but if all your getting is "civilized and "reasonable" out of A2K what the heck you doing here? Being a general pain in the arse? Twisted Evil :wink:
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 02:35 pm
husker wrote:
Frank
Do you think they(a newbie) know you are going to rankle the hell out of them?

I don't "rankle the hell out of them" -- I discuss the topics they raise.

Some newbies raise topics in a way that demands a bit of passion in response. And like someone mentioned earlier, it doesn't seem they've come to this environment as babes in the woods. Most seem to know exactly what they are doing -- and they seem to itch for a confrontation as much as any of the responders -- many of whom deal with them as I do.

Considering some of the posts I've seen you make, I have difficulty understanding why you have so much trouble with that?

Quote:
Damn you're an friend to A2K for sure! Sorry to say this but if all your getting is "civilized and "reasonable" out of A2K what the heck you doing here?

Where did I ever say -- or even insinuate -- that all I'm doing here is getting civilized and reasonable.

I merely said that occasionally I exchange pleasantries with regulars -- and that I considered that a civilized and reasonable thing to do.

The reason I mentioned that is that someone had brought up the issue of those kinds of exchanges -- and indicated that that kind of thing might cause newbies to feel on the outside.

I'm not sure what you problem is with this either!

Quote:
Being a general pain in the arse? Twisted Evil :wink:

I can be that -- that is for certain. But most of the time I am merely participating.

You've come at me with this notion before, Husker, and I do not know how to respond to it.

This forum is set up to discuss things.

I discuss things.

Sometimes I grate on people's nerves.

Hell -- if everyone who does that left A2K -- the place would not only be boring -- it would be deserted.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 02:39 pm
Frank civilized and reasonable? If that were true, those 4 horsemen he's not sure about would certainly be roaming the earth! Laughing We love ya Frank!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 02:41 pm
Thanks, Cav.

Love ya, too.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 02:43 pm
"Think of me as Mother Teresa, with a boner". -Ted Nugent
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 02:53 pm
Frank - I thought you left yourself "WIDE" open - and by my thought - what I said was true baised on what you wrote.

You said things like:
Quote:
I tend to be a might confrontational at times and manage to rankle damn near everyone

Quote:
I do like to exchange pleasantries with people from time to time. I think that is both civilized and reasonable.
from time to time seems spread pretty thin - based on:
Quote:
How in crying out loud is a newbie going to know that if they just stumble onto that?

I luv ya man - I'm jus pointing out an irregularity - lemme get some cheese for that wine :wink:

yer back peddling here - but I still lov ya!
Quote:
I don't "rankle the hell out of them" -- I discuss the topics they raise.

Some newbies raise topics in a way that demands a bit of passion in response. And like someone mentioned earlier, it doesn't seem they've come to this environment as babes in the woods. Most seem to know exactly what they are doing -- and they seem to itch for a confrontation as much as any of the responders -- many of whom deal with them as I do.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 02:55 pm
And what does this have to do with this discussion ? hijacking?

cjhsa wrote:
"Think of me as Mother Teresa, with a boner". -Ted Nugent
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 03:19 pm
Husker

Bring the wine -- and the cheese. We'll talk!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 03:19 pm
Gosh, I hope no newbies are listening.

They might feel like outsiders.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 03:21 pm
Uh, I was responding to the original post. Smile
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 04:36 pm
Let me see if I can clear some things up as a "newbie" on A2K. I was a regular chatter, but seeing that it has taken on more of a meat market essence than a quality conversation, I stopped. I come into A2K one day by accident.....seeking advice and was given some great help!

Granted, I have found some people patronizing and trying to stayed balanced on thier pedestals. And others just down to earth, plain spoken and themselves.

But I didn't come in here blind....I'm actually quit pleased to think I have finally found intelligent adults to discuss/debate subjects with and it not be about my bra size. lol

Heated discussions to me or interesting, it shows the passion that someone feels for what they are speaking of....such as some of the religous threads. But peoples beliefs are just that, thier beliefs and no matter how many posters tell someone they are wrong, or that they believe another way, it usually doesn't change it.

Sexual innuendos? OMG,.......for those of you that have never chatted, try it once and you will see that A2K is tame compared to it.

Inside jokes? Well....to me, they are funny, I can only imagine how they got started. And one day....maybe I'll have the up on some of them. But that goes with the terroritory. I'm new here and didn't expect have the red carpet throwed out and a torch lit in my name. But atleast given an opportunity to get to know a few of you and for you to get to know me. If I didn't have any intentions of hanging around, I'd gotten my answer and left.

Sorry Husker, seems that I veered off the beaten path also.......
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 04:40 pm
I've never been on the beaten path........
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 04:43 pm
I have yet to welcome makemeshiver to A2K. So, a hearty welcome to you. I think you'll find this place a very entertaining and enlightening place to hang out.

But there is one issue, one thing that's bugging me, and that is that you left out one critical entry in your user profile.

What exactly is your bra size anyway?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 04:46 pm
best to ignore these things - yeah I like looking past the bra in and of itself.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 04:48 pm
I'm not sure which forums makemeshiver33 has been in, but from what I've seen, she is a fine, intelligent poster. I welcome her as well. As to cjhsa's inquiry (aren't you married dude?) I can only assume it's 33 with a letter between...hmm...A and F? Wink
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 04:51 pm
Great deduction there Cav.
0 Replies