The Essence of Freedom

Dasein

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 04:13 pm
@JPLosman0711,
JPL

Here's something of interest I found on Wikipedia. You will find it on the page for "Human".
Quote:
Humans are noted for their desire to understand and influence their environment, seeking to explain and manipulate phenomena through science, philosophy, mythology, and religion.
Be-ing happens before the "desire to understand and influence, seeking to explain and manipulate".

What questions do we need to be asking to get back to be-ing the phenomenon and stop be-ing the contrived explanations we have settled for?
JPLosman0711

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 05:22 pm
@Dasein,
The 'contrived explanations' seem to come regardless of what one does, I'm thinking the 'settling' is the problem here.

Never stop questioning what you have settled on and see that they are not objectively present.
Dasein

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 07:57 am
@JPLosman0711,
'Settling' is the consequence of doing nothing. The remedy is much more active.

Throughout all of my posting I have said that what is needed to acquire freedom is the systematic dismantling of the concepts and explanations. These are the 'boulders' we hide behind. De-construction affords you a 'peek' at what is right under the surface. We don't want to know because it would remove what we call 'predictability'. The real problem is that we all (you, too) suspect (know) that we've 'built our house' on unstable ground (semblance) instead of standing on Be-ing and letting Be-ing take us where it does. In other words, "We don't trust our 'self'".

And that's the name of that tune.
JPLosman0711

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 10:25 am
@Dasein,
Why the hell do we do that though?

Who the f*** wants predictability??? It's fuc**** boring!!!!
Dasein

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 10:43 am
@JPLosman0711,
You have spent your entire life asking "Why?". If you ever did find out "Why?" it never made any difference. "Why?" doesn't matter. All that matters is the uncovering.
JPLosman0711

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 07:32 pm
@Dasein,
It seems like you're always 'being done' but because of this constancy, 'you' always have the 'optimal' illusion of saying it's you who's doing it and not the other way around.

I imagine that most people go through life having it 'backwards'.

Almost as if this 'ability' to recognize 'presence' were some sort of 'curse'. If not for this illusory recognition there would not be experience at all, there never would have been anyone to recognize it.

Same goes for language.
north

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 11:47 pm
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

I am on the edge of my seat. Due to the different variables in this equation one has to consider all the determining factors, including free will, conscience, being guilty and all sorts of other very reasonable a logical conclusions. Never before has there been such a pressing for understanding as there is in todays' society, given its rules and regulations one cannot help but feel enraptured by the different directions of thought it may lead to. Are we in decline? Do we not feel the least bit of sorrow and remorse for the ones we have left behind?

Perhaps it could be said that introducing our new Brain Wave technology we can have a much more uplifting and spiritual view of the future. Thanks to this incredible technology, we are now able to precisely predict the actions of everything and everyone around us to ensure a positive outcome in any given situation. Having said that, we are also aware of the religious uproar that will no doubt take place due to this new release. Are we to control them as well? Or will their brains be to strong and upheld by their father figure in the sky to have any effect? Only time will tell.

I am sending you this message as warning to all who should read it, suck your brains out of your ear while you can. Given the extremity of the situation, I thought it appropriate to map out certain areas of concentrated camps where we could have these procedures performed. One place will be at our military bases over in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, and whichever other country we happen to be invading. Due to the extremely low I.Q. of these individuals, we assume their brains will go quietly.

I urge you to take this as a precaution and do something about this while you still can. I have found that the majority of my warnings were not taken seriously and I fear that they will suffer the consequences of their ignorance. Do not be one of them.

We now plan to move in a more smooth and productive direction going forward, once we have all the minds either controlled or removed, we will be able to begin our 'transformation'. I'm sure you are not familiar with this so allow me to explain. The transformation will consist of our world leaders(the real ones, not those silly politicians) finally coming down from the sky and showing themselves for the first time. Then, they will assume command of planet earth and all who inhibit(or used to) it. This will send us in a completely free and open direction for our future.

Not only will they be able to liberate us from the prisons of language, we will be able to explore all the worlds that it was holding us back from. Sasquahilli, Tanntano, Guysheene, and Gorgonzolan are just a few of them in which we plan to explore. With all the minds either not being there or controlled, each one of us will no longer have to deal with the entanglements of language.

Quote:
Can I get an amen?

NO

since Humans are not in control of our future history
0 Replies

Dasein

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2011 07:56 am
@JPLosman0711,
A conclusion is that moment when humans don't want to think anymore so they conclude and stop thinking. Keep wrestling with it.

When in doubt read "Being and Time".
JPLosman0711

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2011 03:14 pm
@Dasein,
Yes, it does seem that no matter what conclusions I can come to they are never really 'concrete'.

In other words, there always seems to be some sort of 'hole' in them. This goes for any conclusion I have ever come to.
Dasein

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 08:46 am
@JPLosman0711,
Maybe you shouldn't come to any conclusions (define territory)..

Maybe life is in the questioning ('questing'). I've heard it said that the questions you should be asking are the ones with not answers.
MJA

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 09:11 am
The essence of freedom is truth.
Be true,

=
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 10:28 am
@MJA,
An internal 'yes'......
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 11:28 am
@JPLosman0711,
...the very sense of internal highly dependent on the elusive concept of self and linear objects is to be questioned here...is the function between two entity´s that turns out to be relevant and not any obscure concept of external or internal...the very object in itself it is the fruit of deeper layers of relation that turn out to be contextually relevant in a specific situation while in other may not...that in turn it is not to say that the status of the object is not valid or true, but simply to say that the set of property´s which are "active" in relation to the observer is contextually dependent from a vast array of other property´s that are negligible or neutral for that specific situation...a function is all about that !
0 Replies

existential potential

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 09:11 am
@Dasein,
Have you finished your book yet Dasein, I've been sitting here waiting for a while now....?
Dasein

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 10:38 am
@MJA,
I don't want to start a discussion with this post. I only want to comment.

The essence of freedom is disentanglement.
0 Replies

Dasein

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 10:40 am
@existential potential,
The book will be done when it's done and I don't care how long you've been sitting there.

I still don't want to have a discussion with you.

Stop inviting me to participate in your agenda/nonsense.
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 08:09 pm
Freedom comes from knowing you're already dead, then anythings' possible.
MJA

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:58 am
@MJA,
MJA wrote:

The essence of freedom is truth.
Be true,

=

And the truth is equal,
The lion is One.

=
0 Replies

existential potential

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 03:55 pm
@Dasein,
Could it not be argued that you, Dasein, are what Heidegger called "inauthentic"? All you seem to do is perpetuate the contents of "Being and Time", without actually questioning its meaning.

It’s ironic, given that you've read that book, but yet fail to actually apply the ideas and instead just regurgitate them, but also quite typical I suppose, because, as Heidegger also said..."Dasein is prone to error". Smile

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 04:31 pm
@existential potential,
oh the irony!

In norwegian we have a term... "livsløgn". Translated to english it means something like "lifelie", which is what a person may believe about himself in order to maintain his (often mispercieved or false) sense of accomplishment.
0 Replies