Palin for Prez . . . doom or disaster, you decide!

Foofie

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2010 03:24 pm
Since we all have one vote, we will see who really reflects the society comes the next Presidential election.

In my opinion, any mockery of Sarah Palin is really so early 20th century, when many people could spend an entire day making mockery of their favorite group that they felt threatened by. The more we change, the more we stay the same, I believe.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2010 03:43 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

CalamityJane wrote:

It's all over the press in Europe and they're laughing to....

Did you want to have two "o's" in the word "to"?

Yes, thank you for pointing this out, Foofie. The second "o" is on my Christmas wish list.
Ceili

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2010 04:05 pm
@Foofie,
So, what you're saying is.. Sarah's dumb and so is the society that votes for her. Good to know.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2010 04:06 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Foofie wrote:

CalamityJane wrote:

It's all over the press in Europe and they're laughing to....

Did you want to have two "o's" in the word "to"?

Yes, thank you for pointing this out, Foofie. The second "o" is on my Christmas wish list.

Santa's elves also have "d's" for those who have trouble pronouncing the "th" sound in standard English. If you notice in Keeping up Appearances, Hyacinth practically sticks her tongue out as she calls to her neighbor, "ElizabeTH."
CoastalRat

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 03:12 pm
Yeah, she is so dumb, ain't she?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws
Ceili

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 03:19 pm
@CoastalRat,
No, she's the picture of american brilliance. I know I'd want her to represent my country. Not.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 03:24 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:
american brilliance

google Palin and North Star

some kind of creepy stuff there

the Vanity Fair article was awesome, in the shock and awe sense

Ceili

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 03:32 pm
@ehBeth,
I read that article. Weird.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 03:41 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
Santa's elves also have "d's" for those who have trouble pronouncing the "th" sound in standard English.

Standard English doesn't have standard sounds. The English language has a sound system but depending on the situation, those sounds get smooshed in many different ways.

Quote:
If you notice in Keeping up Appearances, Hyacinth practically sticks her tongue out as she calls to her neighbor, "ElizabeTH."
[/quote]

What's the reason for pointing up that someone is using their language in a perfectly natural manner? Next you'll be describing for us how, with the sunrise, we get day and with the sunset we get night.
IRFRANK

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 09:09 am
Here's a good comment on Palin and her popularity.

It does matter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mitchell-bard/why-sarah-palins-north-ko_b_788647.html
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 09:14 am
@CoastalRat,
yes she is dumb - intellectually

street smart - like a rat
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 09:15 am
@tsarstepan,
this can't be said often enough

tsarstepan wrote:

This is too damn perfect. Set... you ought to know better. a2k's devoted Tea Baggers have their permanent blinders on and well even with sources cited and video proof of this god awful foreign policy blunder they will deny deny deny because mass delusion is in their genes.

They think Sarah Palin is infallible and they see her through rose colored monitors and plasma televisions.

Still it's funny to see them try to refute and deny this mistake even with the solid proof right in front of them:
http://www.mediaite.com/online/sarah-palin-confuses-whos-on-our-side-in-northsouth-korea/

ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 09:17 am
@Ceili,
since she apparently doesn't recall reading any particular media, it is quite possible that the North Star has missed this completely

Ceili wrote:

Seriously, with all the shite that's been happening over there in the combined Koreas you'd think she'd at least have seen a headline or two.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 09:22 am
@ehBeth,
ooh some Palin supporter doesn't like this

let's do it again

ehBeth wrote:

this can't be said often enough

tsarstepan wrote:

This is too damn perfect. Set... you ought to know better. a2k's devoted Tea Baggers have their permanent blinders on and well even with sources cited and video proof of this god awful foreign policy blunder they will deny deny deny because mass delusion is in their genes.

They think Sarah Palin is infallible and they see her through rose colored monitors and plasma televisions.

Still it's funny to see them try to refute and deny this mistake even with the solid proof right in front of them:
http://www.mediaite.com/online/sarah-palin-confuses-whos-on-our-side-in-northsouth-korea/

0 Replies

revelette

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 11:49 am
@Foofie,
I don't think the reason liberals spend so much time talking about Palin is because we feel threatened, for me it is a mixture of bafflement of her influence and the fact that she gives so much herself so there is a lot of material to talk about.

I hope and pray that we are not so silly as a nation as to actually elect her for President after knowing just how shallow her knowledge is when it comes to things a person who was in her position aught to know.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 01:29 pm
@revelette,
Very well said Revelette. I am totally in agreement with you.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 01:29 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Once she starts substituting "r" for "l" it will be really funny to listen to her.

Salah Parin

A
R
T
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 07:17 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
Santa's elves also have "d's" for those who have trouble pronouncing the "th" sound in standard English.

Standard English doesn't have standard sounds. The English language has a sound system but depending on the situation, those sounds get smooshed in many different ways.

Quote:
If you notice in Keeping up Appearances, Hyacinth practically sticks her tongue out as she calls to her neighbor, "ElizabeTH."

What's the reason for pointing up that someone is using their language in a perfectly natural manner? Next you'll be describing for us how, with the sunrise, we get day and with the sunset we get night.

[/quote]

Is this your first post without mentioning the word "warcrimes"?
Foofie

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 07:19 pm
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

I don't think the reason liberals spend so much time talking about Palin is because we feel threatened, for me it is a mixture of bafflement of her influence and the fact that she gives so much herself so there is a lot of material to talk about.

I hope and pray that we are not so silly as a nation as to actually elect her for President after knowing just how shallow her knowledge is when it comes to things a person who was in her position aught to know.

I do not see her as shallow. I see her as someone that has a deep appreciation for the U.S.A., and would like to keep the country safe and sound for future generations.
Ceili

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 07:44 pm
As do the majority of citizens, but... they don't want to stand for office. She does and she shouldn't.
0 Replies