Working for Amnesty, PETA, Oxfam, and the like...

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2010 03:43 am
I've been quietly trying to explore the world of (rich) NGO's like the ones mentioned in the title of the thread.

And I'm really looking at international positions, so no, your response doesn't have to be India specific. That said, I know it's no child's play to leapfrog to such posts from my comfy little sack of a room here, but then again, I want to know how wide the horizon is.

I would ideally work for their media/communication departments that require you to track the international media and interact with them on a daily basis, etc.

So, what I really would like to know if someone's worked for organizations like these and if they have, what their experience has been like? How difficult is it to get your foot into the door, etc.?

And yes, I'd like to get names of more such places that I could possibly look at. Greenpeace is one, for example. And, no dubious, poor NGO's (no matter how true to their cause), please!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,138 • Replies: 2
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2010 03:47 am
@spidergal,
I bet even the rich ones want you to be really, really motivated, but not by money.

Okay, shoot me for negative attitude.
spidergal

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2010 03:58 am
@roger,
Roger,
You're right about the motivation, but that's not a problem. I have always been interested in human and animal rights. My only problem is, I can't volunteer for anyone at this point. And since I'm a media person myself now (work for a British news agency), I can be of best use to these organizations in their media department. And I'm definitely passionate about the media. Gives me such a thrill.

I'm looking for a good salary and also good exposure.
0 Replies