The seeds of new political party, the People's Party.

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 12:16 am
I don't believe the majority of Americans now fall in line with the agenda of either Democrats or Republicans.

A more mainstream party that encourages progress, liberty, fiscal responsibility, sustainable growth and economic prosperity would better suit modern American values.

I'll edit this post to reflect the actual agendas of the such a party later.

But to summarize, the party is meant to libertarian liberals. It encourages less government involvement in both social and economic issues and fiscal responsibility. But also acknowledge that the government should play a role in helping those impoverished get back on their feet and in helping everyone who desires get a solid education and a good job. As the such, the party would hold widespread appeal to both liberals and conservatives alike. The main drive of the party is to oust Bush from office either for a more libertarian conservative or a libertarian liberal.

Do you think such a party would indeed better reflect the values of modern America?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,727 • Replies: 8
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 01:45 pm
The people's party sounds to much like communism... Mao and all...
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 08:10 pm
Okay help me come up with a better name. A name that reflects how mainstream the party is and how it reflects the views of the common man.
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 11:25 am
Wow, this was like one of the first things I ever posted!

But I still think such a party could succeed (with a better name)...

A party that represents the libertarian left,

that combines libertarian ideals with compassion for the less fortunate,

a party that doesn't have the stigma that the term liberal has in today's world.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 03:47 am
It seems to me that you want to form a party by apealing to liberals alone,and here is why..."in helping everyone who desires get a solid education and a good job."

Now,how is the govt going to help you get a good job?

Define "good job".
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 09:31 am
Re: The seeds of new political party, the People's Party.
Centroles wrote:
But to summarize, the party is meant to libertarian liberals.

Then the party would appeal to a null set.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 12:35 pm
Wonder what Centroles would think of the current splintering of both of the two major political parties.

I think it's pretty clear that the Ds are undergoing a fight for the soul of the party - establishment people against progressives.

The GOP is on life-support, may be revived, may fall to shite.

If Centroles doesn't show up and object, I think this is a good place to discuss the current flux of American politics.

For my part, I'm going to use current articles - and try not to devolve into partisan politics - but comment on the state of both parties and trends in voting.

One instructive fact is that people who currently call themselves Democrats - are in fact (as Dys said so many times) Moderate Republicans. the two parties have merged in the middle so that you can hardly tell them apart.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/noam_chomsky_majority_elected_democrats_moderate_republicans_20160515
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 06:48 pm
http://trofire.com/2016/05/13/lets-call-establishment-dems-republicans/

"Centrism" has finally given us one corrupt national party pretending to be two.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 06:59 pm
They are all bribed by the same people. Naturally they are the same. The only time they seem slightly different is when they need something from the voter base. So they make appropriate speeches and try to pass a few bills to make them happy. Then they sneak back the benefits by increments. Our old fall guy, increments.
0 Replies